Sign in to follow this  
Plissken

[MOC] Jon Snow at the Wall

indexed.gif

I'm a little bit in the mood of building, so here is another small MOC inspired by Game of Thrones. Enjoy.

Jon Snow, the bastard son of Eddard Stark, joins the Night's Watch. Their purpose is to guard the Land of Westeros from the things that crawl in the "land of always winter". To make this possible a ice wall was build thousands of years ago. The wall is over 700 feet high and gives a fantastic view over the cold and dark land. Here is Jon getting his first glance of his job to come.

5730224457_89907002e5.jpg

Jon Snow at the Wall by plisskeneb, on Flickr

5730224463_2903502ea2.jpg

Jon Snow at the Wall 2 by plisskeneb, on Flickr

5730224471_2790dcb880.jpg

Jon Snow at the Wall 3 by plisskeneb, on Flickr

I've got to say that the minifig looks nothing like Jon Snow (where's the beard and the curly black hair? And foremost, the black clothes?!) but yay for a Game of Thrones MOC! :grin:

I fell in love with the book series, and now I'm intently watching the tv-series as well. The next book is due to be released in the summer, so yay for that too!

Loving the show and this really is evocative of the isolation of the Night's Watch.

I wish their was a good way to do fur collars. All the Stark's really need fur collars.

Thank you for all the comments, very appreciated.

I've got to say that the minifig looks nothing like Jon Snow (where's the beard and the curly black hair? And foremost, the black clothes?!) but yay for a Game of Thrones MOC! :grin:

You're totally right. :blush: I played around with different combinations and ended with this style for the minifig. The whole blackness of his outfit was gone. I'll improve the look in further GoT Mocs. I promise :wink:

Simple but effective vig, I like the bottom lighting of the first shot. :thumbup:

This !