Flipz

Heroica RPG - Quest #104: Ace Assassin: Dual Dragoons

Heroica RPG - Quest #104: Ace Assassin: Dual Dragoons

Q104Banner_HeroicaDarkened-1.png

At the request of the Dragonlord, Veteran of Heroica, six Heroes gather at the Eubric docks just as dawn begins to break. Those Heroes are:

The Party:

14554008102_2da271a37f_o.jpg

Actaeon Artus (Actaeon)
*Party Leader*

21 year old male human

Level 1 Ranger

Power:

Health:
6/6

Gold:

Equipment:
Bow (WP:3)

Inventory:
Smoke Bomb, Potion, Bedroll

Siercon2.jpg?t=1345135202

Siercon (Siercon and Coral)

Male, Age and species unknown

Level 6 Mage

Power:
(6 levels + 8 WP)

Defense:
(Robe of the Magi)

Health:
10/10
(5 base + 5 lvl)

Ether:
10/10
(5 base + 5 lvl)

Gold:

Equipment:
Lullaby Wand (WP:8, deals
sleep
-effect; wand), Robe of the Magi (SP:1),

Inventory:

*Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk), Spellbound Gloves (Power +5 to spells)

*Diamond (
Light
), Scroll of
Sleep
, Bedroll

*Potion x2, Remedy

shadow_demon_square_picture.jpg

The Demon Germ (Samurai Turtle)

??? years old ; Half Demon; Male

Level 1 Rogue

Power:

Defense:

Health:
7/7

Ether:

Gold

Equipment:
Copper Dagger (WP:3; dagger)

Inventory:
Venom, Potion, Bedroll

Warlen_ava.pngQuarion_ava.png

Warlen Melimane
and
Quarion
the floating skull (The Chosen Minifigure)

17 Year old Male Half-Elf

Level 1 Mage

Power:

Health:
5/5

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Equipment:
Gold-Coated bat staff (Wp:3)

Inventory:
Potion, Amethyst (
Darkness
), bedroll

YujiDaethAva.png

Yuji Daeth (Daeth)

34 year old male Croaken (Frog based race)

Level 1 cleric

Power:

Defense:

Health:
9/9

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Equipment:
Slightly Sharpened Croaken Staff (WP:3; staff)

Inventory:
Remedy, Potion

kiray_cu.jpg

Kiray Nastayo,
A Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something

24 year old female human

Level 4 Knight

Power:

Defense:

Health:
13/13

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Kin (WP:3), Scutum Shield (SP:2; shield)

Inventory:
Potion, Banana (Restores full health when eaten), Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll

The morning fog still has not lifted, leaving the harbor itself shrouded behind a murky curtain of gray mist, but eventually the Heroes find their employer, again locked in deep discussion with Count Shadeaux. Waiting impatiently nearby is the seventh member of their party, a dark-garbed teenager who glares at the party as they approach.

13851370334_7ee781065b_o.jpg

heroicanpc-dragonlord.jpg

"...why you were training them in the first place?"

heroicanpc-noctusshadeaux.jpg

"Dragonlourd, you of all personnes zhould know why I can non trust--"

14365514179_b1e4defe67_o.png

"Heroes. Running behind as usual, I see."

The Dragonlord is the first to look up, but unlike the girl he smiles, a boisterous grin spreading across his face as he sights the Heroes.

"Heroes! Good to see some fresh blood in the organization--though of course, a couple of you have done some good work for us already." Dragonlord nods in acknowledgement of Siercon and Kiray, though Count Shadeaux merely frowns more deeply than he already was. "Are you all ready for this adventure?"

"Mon Dieu, Dragonlord, you speak like zis is un plaisir voyage and non an imminente catastrophe!"

What will the party do?

QM Note: Welcome to the Quest, 104ers! Hope you're excited as I am! :grin: Please check to make sure your stats are correct, and if you make any marketplace posts, I'll be sure to update these. You have 24 hours to confrim. :classic:

Siercon, some of your stats were off; if you've used any consumables that permanently altered your stats, could you please link me to them? Also, since you are only Level 6, you can only have one Artifact equipped at a time; I've left the Robe of the Magi since that was what you already had equipped. :sweet:

Daeth and The Chosen Minifigure, you had both included your images as attachments rather than as image links from other sites. I have taken the liberty of uploading them to my Photobucket account (and in the case of Warlen and Quarion resizing them to normal size), you can now use them in the future by typing the following:

Warlen:

[img=http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/poochythegenius/Avatar%20uploads/Warlen_ava.png]

Quarion:

[img=http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/poochythegenius/Avatar%20uploads/Quarion_ava.png]

Daeth:

[img=http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/poochythegenius/Avatar%20uploads/YujiDaethAva.png]

:wink:

Edited by Flipz

Actaeon looks at Dragonlord as he speaks, "I apologize for our tardiness," he says. Turning toward Diana, he continues, "The mist made it difficult to locate you." Turning back to Dragonlord, he finishes, "We are indeed ready for this quest. You spoke of a threat to your homeland, I am deeply sorry. What is this threat? And more importantly, how can we aid in its removal?"

OOC: Yes, I can assure you I am undoubtedly as excited as you :grin:

Kiray took in the three figures in front of her, vaguely recognizing the two men. "It's good to help out again, Dragonlord."

The female knight turned to the Count, a man who seemed to remind her of her father, minus the accent. "Count Shadeaux, I'm sure this is a very important situation we have been called on to deal with, but remaining calm will greatly help us."

Warlen and Quarion came up to the group.

"Hi." Said Warlen.

"I am Warlen Melimane, half elf Mage of awesomeness."

"I am Quarion, dead floating skull of even Awesomerness."

Warlen and Quarion looked at each other, and burst out laughing.

Coming out of the shadows stating "I'm I the last one here?" Seeing he was not he went on to say "I guess you can just call me Germ, the rest of it is more of a title."

Turing to the "count" asking, So I take it we are going after some "Dragoon"? :sceptic:

Edited by samuraiturtle

QM Note: Siercon and Coral have 72 hours to get in contact with me; for now, we'll move forward. :wink:

Kiray took in the three figures in front of her, vaguely recognizing the two men. "It's good to help out again, Dragonlord."

The female knight turned to the Count, a man who seemed to remind her of her father, minus the accent. "Count Shadeaux, I'm sure this is a very important situation we have been called on to deal with, but remaining calm will greatly help us."

"Ze way you 'stayed calme' at ze Foundation Day gala and let ze Wolfgang attack uz, non doute." Apparently the Count has a long memory.

Warlen and Quarion came up to the group.

"Hi." Said Warlen.

"I am Warlen Melimane, half elf Mage of awesomeness."

"I am Quarion, dead floating skull of even Awesomerness."

Warlen and Quarion looked at each other, and burst out laughing.

"And you Heroes wonder why no one takes you seriously..." the dark-clothed woman mutters, unimpressed.

Coming out of the shadows stating "I'm I the last one here?" Seeing he was not he went on to say "I guess you can just call me Germ, the rest of it is more of a title."

"Diana. Diana N. Justus, Ace Assassin," the girl says grudingly.

Turing to the "count" asking, So I take it we are going after some "Dragoon"? :sceptic:

Actaeon looks at Dragonlord as he speaks, "I apologize for our tardiness," he says. Turning toward Diana, he continues, "The mist made it difficult to locate you." Turning back to Dragonlord, he finishes, "We are indeed ready for this quest. You spoke of a threat to your homeland, I am deeply sorry. What is this threat? And more importantly, how can we aid in its removal?"

The Veteran waves off Actaeon's concern.

"Bah! Don't worry about such small things. You're here now--that's what matters."

At the comment regarding the threat, though, his smile fades.

"Perhaps I ought to let Count Shadeaux explain."

"Si vous insistez..."

"Several weeks ago, ze House Shadeaux--zat is, ze House of which I am head--found itzelf in need of le mercenaire who would be...'ow you say...more trustworzy zan ze usual sort."

"He means he couldn't trust Heroes to do the job."

Dragonlord and Count Shadeaux both shoot death glares at Diana, who seems unperturbed.

"Miss Justice, perhaps you could allow the Count to finish explaining? Without interruption?"

The girl shrugs.

"Whatever."

"In any case, we picked ze two brightest canditats we had, and trained zem as Dragoons--superbe chevaliers wiz ze skill to ride Dragons as zheir mount. What we did non know, 'owever, was zat zese two where meilleurs amis et rivaux--zey competed fiercely, and zey were non 'appy to find out ze ozzer 'ad been trained. Zey fled ze city soon after."

Count Shadeaux withdraws a rolled sheet of parchment from his coat and hands it to Dragonlord to unroll, pointing out the two figures illustrated upon it.

13071987473_58ab9d711a_o.jpg

"Zese are ze deux--on ze left, Darius Kaan, a well-trusted mercenaire who 'as served ze Shawes for many yearz. On ze right is Sirone Valishter, who once served as un of my personal guard."

"Zey are young, but zat iz idéal, even nécessaire if zey are to form a lifelong bond wiz zheir Dragon partner. Zey were assurément our best choix for ze Dragoon training."

"I'm a Dragoon myself--my ancestor, the Golden Dragon, was one of the original Veterans of Heroica. What many people seem to forget about her is that she was also one of the last great Dragoons from the Empire of Dastan, home of one of the world's largest and oldest known populations of Dragons. She passed that tradition along to her daughter, who in turn passed it to her daughter, and eventually my mother taught me. My partner Smaragdea and I haven't flown together in...well, longer than I'd care to admit, thanks to our duties, but we both cherish our partnership as much as life itself. It truly is a life-long connection."

"And zat is what we believe zey are after. Ze Dragons of Dastan."

After a moment's pause, Diana speaks up again.

"...and? So they want to tame dragons. Let them! What's the big deal?"

"Ze 'big deal', as you put it, Miss Justice, iz zat zey are young, and reckless. Ze last we heard of zem, zey were reported to be having la querelle spectaculaire, and one spoke of 'proof' zey were ze best Dragon-rider ze world 'ad ever seen. If zey attempt to pursue zose claims..."

"Dragon-riding takes skill. It also takes patience, wisdom, and, most importantly, responsibility. Dragons are among the most powerful creatures on Olegaia. Even the young can ravage cities with a single breath. If suficiently angered--or worse, if misdirected--they could be a serious threat to these two, and to everyone around them. The Dastanese have already been through a war, less than two years ago--they don't need another catastrophe to deal with. We have to bring these two to their senses before anything happens--to them or to the people of Dastan. Any questions?"

Any questions?

"Just to clarify, we're to find Darius and Sirone, and talk them into returning to their training? What if we cannot? Are we to attempt... other tactics?"

He pauses, thinking back over what the count had said.

"Are the two of them still traveling together? You said that they were reported them having a quarrel, how long ago was this?"

OoC- Sorry if I ask some questions that were already answered above. The count's accent is so hard to understand :tongue:

"Ze way you 'stayed calme' at ze Foundation Day gala and let ze Wolfgang attack uz, non doute." Apparently the Count has a long memory.

"Well, my lord, that was... an interesting.... debacle. I'm not exactly sure how many of us would have survived if our leaders did not keep level heads, but that is in the past. We need to focus on the future."

Kiray turned to the Dragonlord and said, "Sir, if you can tell us, are there any rumors or secrets about regarding the dragons and your order that would help us narrow areas to search?"

Kiray listened to what her party leader and added, "Since Darius and Sirone were obviously well trusted, could you tell us more about their personalities? If we can understand how they think, we may be able to know how to talk to them and what to say to resolve this matter with as little bloodshed as possible."

Kiray listened to what her party leader and added, "Since Darius and Sirone were obviously well trusted, could you tell us more about their personalities? If we can understand how they think, we may be able to know how to talk to them and what to say to resolve this matter with as little bloodshed as possible."

I was getting there, Actaeon thinks, but he nods in agreement, "We need to know anything that could help us persuade them."

Siercon drifted towards the group. He quickly realized that he was the last one to join. Still he had followed the conversation thus far while approaching from the distance.

"Apologies warriors, it would seem I have been keeping you."

Giving a return nod to Dragonlord, Siercon continues to scan the newly gathered group, and notices Warlen and Quarion.

"Humm fellow Mages" He thinks to himself...

"Warlen, Quarion, if we shall be fighting alongside eachother on this quest, then take these" He said holding out his hand. Siercon gives them Spellbound Gloves.

"These will be of use to you. I suppose you could return them at some point, but I cannot use them for quite some time."

At this point, Siercon chimed in "Keeping the world from chaotic dragon riders... sounds like a plan. And dragons, I love Dragons..." he trails off...

Siercon drifted towards the group. He quickly realized that he was the last one to join. Still he had followed the conversation thus far while approaching from the distance.

Giving a return nod to Dragonlord, Siercon continues to scan the newly gathered group, and notices Warlen and Quarion.

"Warlen, Quarion, if we shall be fighting alongside eachother on this quest, then take these" He said holding out his hand. Siercon gives them Spellbound Gloves.

"These will be of use to you. I suppose you could return them at some point, but I cannot use them for quite some time."

At this point, Siercon chimed in "Keeping the world from chaotic dragon riders... sounds like a plan. And dragons, I love Dragons..." he trails off...

"Thank you," said Warlen with actual sincerity.

He then added in a more jokey note, "Nobody has ever given me anything this... handy before."

"Badum, ting!" said Quarion.

He then added in a more jokey note, "Nobody has ever given me anything this... handy before."

"Think those jokes will help you get a head," Kiray sarcastically added before throwing a smile to the skull.

Actaeon shoots both Warlen and Quarion a glare, as if to say, "Now is not the time for this."

Besides, he thinks to himself, puns are my job.

He ignores Kiray's comment, hoping that she saw him give the other two the glare.

QM Note: It seems we're missing Daeth as well, he has 48 hours to respond. Moving forward!

"Thank you," said Warlen with actual sincerity.

"Think those jokes will help you get a head," Kiray sarcastically added before throwing a smile to the skull.

Actaeon shoots both Warlen and Quarion a glare, as if to say, "Now is not the time for this."

Besides, he thinks to himself, puns are my job.

He ignores Kiray's comment, hoping that she saw him give the other two the glare.

The Dragonlord snickers appreciatively, but does not comment. Diana, on the other hand, seems unimpressed as usual, while Count Shadeaux appears to be downright exasperated.

The Party:

14554008102_2da271a37f_o.jpg

Actaeon Artus (Actaeon)
*Party Leader*

21 year old male human

Level 1 Ranger

Power:

Health:
6/6

Gold:

Equipment:
Bow (WP:3)

Inventory:
Smoke Bomb, Potion, Bedroll

Siercon2.jpg?t=1345135202

Siercon (Siercon and Coral)

Male, Age and species unknown

Level 6 Mage

Power:
(6 levels + 8 WP)

Defense:
(Robe of the Magi)

Health:
10/10
(5 base + 5 lvl)

Ether:
10/10
(5 base + 5 lvl)

Gold:

Equipment:
Lullaby Wand (WP:8, deals
sleep
-effect; wand), Robe of the Magi (SP:1),

Inventory:

*Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk),

*Diamond (
Light
), Scroll of
Sleep
, Bedroll

*Potion x2, Remedy

shadow_demon_square_picture.jpg

The Demon Germ (Samurai Turtle)

??? years old ; Half Demon; Male

Level 1 Rogue

Power:

Defense:

Health:
7/7

Ether:

Gold

Equipment:
Copper Dagger (WP:3; dagger)

Inventory:
Venom, Potion, Bedroll

Warlen_ava.pngQuarion_ava.png

Warlen Melimane
and
Quarion
the floating skull (The Chosen Minifigure)

17 Year old Male Half-Elf

Level 1 Mage

Power:
4 (9 for spells)

Power Bonus:
+5 for spells

Health:
5/5

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Equipment:
Gold-Coated bat staff (Wp:3), Spellbound Gloves (Power +5 to spells)

Inventory:
Potion, Amethyst (
Darkness
), bedroll

YujiDaethAva.png

Yuji Daeth (Daeth)

34 year old male Croaken (Frog based race)

Level 1 cleric

Power:

Defense:

Health:
9/9

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Equipment:
Slightly Sharpened Croaken Staff (WP:3; staff)

Inventory:
Remedy, Potion

kiray_cu.jpg

Kiray Nastayo,
A Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something

24 year old female human

Level 4 Knight

Power:

Defense:

Health:
13/13

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Kin (WP:3), Scutum Shield (SP:2; shield)

Inventory:
Potion, Banana (Restores full health when eaten), Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll

"I used to know a Dragoon..." said Warlen.

"Bit looney, but lovely guy.

Of course, he did fall off his dragon, from lack of experience."

"Hmm," said Quarion.

"How old exactly were these two?"

"Hah! Yes, we all tend to do that a bit at first."

"Zey are quite young--per'aps slightly younger zan ze Ranger and Chevalier in your party."

"Well, my lord, that was... an interesting.... debacle. I'm not exactly sure how many of us would have survived if our leaders did not keep level heads, but that is in the past. We need to focus on the future."

Count Shadeaux responds to Kiray next.

"...zat iz acceptable. I am, après tout, a practical man."

"Just to clarify, we're to find Darius and Sirone, and talk them into returning to their training? What if we cannot? Are we to attempt... other tactics?"

He pauses, thinking back over what the count had said.

"Are the two of them still traveling together? You said that they were reported them having a quarrel, how long ago was this?"

OoC- Sorry if I ask some questions that were already answered above. The count's accent is so hard to understand :tongue:

Kiray turned to the Dragonlord and said, "Sir, if you can tell us, are there any rumors or secrets about regarding the dragons and your order that would help us narrow areas to search?"

I was getting there, Actaeon thinks, but he nods in agreement, "We need to know anything that could help us persuade them."

QM Note: I'll try to tone it down a bit so it's easier to understand. :wink:

"That is the idea, yes. As for methods...as always, we Veterans give you Heroes complete autonomy in how you wish to accomplish the mission. We are trying to protect innocents, after all--we have to do what we must. I do think the Count would be happier if we can bring them home alive, but you'll get your pay either way."

Count Shadeaux nods, indicating that the Dragonlord is in fact correct.

QM Note: For the sake of clarity: at least one Dragoon alive=Shadeaux rep; both Dragoons dead=no reputation. :wink:

"Sirone set out after Darius about two weeks ago. If le vaisseau zey sailed on did not encounter difficulté, zey should be in Dastan in deux or trois days."

"Sirone iz a quiet sort. I 'ired 'im in Triad Park on ze night troi 'Eroes murdered my previous gardes and 'eld me at knife-pointe, when I was left needing défense. 'E iz of noble lineage from Duplovia, and iz well-educated--I even asked 'im to tutor my daughter Bellanotte for a time. I believe 'iz famille back in Duplovia 'ad some trouble récemment, but I do not know ze details."

"Darius 'as always been a rasher sort. 'E iz not arrogant, simply bold. Tu tell you ze truth, I am surprized most by 'is actions--'e 'as always placed ze Shadeaux as ze paramount priority, and 'e 'as never shown any signs of personal pride, only pride in 'is work. Tu hear zat 'e was ze one who spoke loudest of proving 'imself--I can 'ardly believe it."

"Time is of the essence, Heroes. As Count Shadeaux says, they're only a few days away from arriving in Dastan. Even if we can arrange a fast transport, we'll still be cutting it awfully--"

Another figure bursts onto the scene, sweating and panting from exhaustion. Judging by the satchel full of parchment, it's likely he's a messenger of some sort. Both Dragonlord and Count Shadeaux seem to recognize him, as they both turn and give the man their full attention.

13851020023_3e873b21ff_o.jpg

"Sirs!" the messenger shouts. "Urgent news from Drakencourt! Apparently those two men you were looking for were spotted in Voullin two days ago, heading east."

"WHAT?!"

"Merde! Que c'est désastre! Putain!"

Dragonlord takes a deep breath to calm himself before addressing the Heroes.

"It seems our mission may have changed, Heroes. The best we can hope to accomplish now is damage control. Even if we had the fastest ships in the world, the chances of reaching them in time..."

An unfamiliar voice interrupts.

"Excuse me, I couldn't help but hear you need a ship?"

The party turns to see a man in a navy blue uniform walk toward them, his hair slicked back and his smile cocky.

14233695188_dd15aefa51_o.jpg

"Allow me to introduce myself, I am Captain Bartholomew Horningold, and I'm also the captain of one of the Bonapartes' most prestigious vessels, the Princess of the Night. I heard you're looking for transport to Dastan? Perhaps I can be of assistance, Dragonlord?"

"Speak of the devil... very well then, fine. I don't know how you came to know of this, nor do I care, honestly. Let's just-"

"Not so fast, Dragonlord."

Another individual speaks up. Coming from the opposite direction a bespectacled woman walks to the party, her hair a dark red. On her outfit a trident logo splashes across her chest, her face rather expressionless. The captain looks shocked.

13851015233_4697941814_o.jpg

11213514676_06120fd5ac_o.jpg

"Salutations. My name is Nicole Telsa, and I'm a scientist for the Tritech Corporation. It has come to our knowledge that you're heading out to Dastan? Perhaps we could be of assistance? We just so happen to have an air ship waiting for you back at Tritech Headquarters. I assure you it'd be much faster than that lousy, third rate ship the captain is offering you on."

The Captain's look of shock soon turns to anger as he clenches his fist on the hilt of his cutlass.

"Lousy, third- I beg your pardon, but you have no right to say anything of the sort. Your interests are better left with the Bonapartes, Dragonlord. I assume your blimp or whatever it is about the size of a dingy? The Princess of the Night is equipped with the highest grade cannons, cannoneers, crew, and captain, if I do say so myself. Have you even tested your air ship yet?"

Nicole looks a little lost. She realigns her glasses and blushes.

"Well-"

"Just what I thought. See, sir-"

"Oh for the love of the gods, will you two just shut the hell up!?"

Dragonlord looks back and forth between the two, before finally turning to the party.

"It appears we've come to our first big decision: whose ship will you take? Don't worry about cost, I'll finance the trip either way. The decision is in your hands."

QM Note: Talk amongst yourselves, ask questions, and when you're ready to make a decision, bold your choice. Everyone gets a voice in the matter, but the Party Leader must deliver the party's final decision. :wink:

Siercon has never taken a liking to seemingly arrogant people with cocky smiles. And, tested or not, if Nicole is gonna put her life in the hands of her sky bubble, He knew he'd want to be included in that ride. Always wanted to ride a flying ship.

Siercon lights up at the description of the sky vessel making it obvious he wanted to go with Nicole

"Thank you, Dragonlord, for your willingness to pay for our voyage. Before we decide, I would like to ask if there is anything else we should know about the Dragoons, the region we will be traveling to, or really anything else regarding the quest."

Turning to Nicole and Captain Bartholomew, he says, "Nicole, you have an airship. Is it actually safe? I understand it hasn't been tested. How you can possibly know that it will get us to our destination without crashing or blowing to pieces? Captain Bartholomew, how fast can your ship travel? I understand your ship is more battle-ready and obviously less likely to crash. This is very comforting, but it might not matter if we get there too late."

Actaeon notices Siecron glance at Nicole, eyes slightly wider than usual. It looks like he's made his decision. Actaeon looks at the rest of the party, hoping they will give input and/or voice their questions/concerns.

Kiray's eyes widened at the entrance of the two newcomers, but quickly narrowed and gave a small glance to the female assassin. She had been a little irksome to Kiray, and she wondered if the assassin may have let slip some news to other factions for her own gain.

"Going off of what Count Shadeaux said, something seems to be amiss with Darius' thinking, especially if this is out of sorts for him. I'd venture to guess that Darius is the leader and what is keeping Sirone with him, be it by choice or maybe holding Sirone hostage." Kiray pushed back a losse strand of hair before saying,"And if Sirone's family is havning trouble, could we use that to our advantage?"

The female knight then turned to her party members, trying to mask her concern for heights. "There's advantages and disadvantages to taking either ship, and time is of the essence. My only worry with the airship is we'll find what we are searching for too soon, that being that Sirone and Darius have taken dragons and will be expecting us. An airship against flying dragons could be quite costly, both in lives and money, not to mention that it would show the realm that these renegade dragoons hold immense power. Is it possible for us to all take Captain Horningold's ship and have the airship used as a decoy, especially if it draws the dragons out?"

The female knight then turned to her party members, trying to mask her concern for heights. "There's advantages and disadvantages to taking either ship, and time is of the essence. My only worry with the airship is we'll find what we are searching for too soon, that being that Sirone and Darius have taken dragons and will be expecting us. An airship against flying dragons could be quite costly, both in lives and money, not to mention that it would show the realm that these renegade dragoons hold immense power. Is it possible for us to all take Captain Horningold's ship and have the airship used as a decoy, especially if it draws the dragons out?"

"Interesting idea. I don't know if Dragonlord would be too happy to have to pay extra money for an additional ship. I also don't think we'll find them as quickly as you suggested. They won't necessarily be expecting us. Even if they were, I get the feeling that they'll be busy trying to find their dragons, and if they already have them, trying to master the art of flying them."

Turning to Dragonlord, Actaeon asks, "Do they know we are being sent after them?"

"If they do not, it would be unnecessary to take both. And if the airship can actually fly without crashing, I see no reason to take Bartholomew's ship. Unless we could be attacked from the air by something else."

Actaeon waits for a moment for his companions to respond. Perhaps they could think of other dangers the airship might hold.

Edited by Actaeon

Siercon utters, directing his voice to the group of heroes.

"Falling from he heavens to the surface of the waves, or from the surface of the ocean to the bottom of the sea...

fighting creatures in the sky, or monsters from the depths...

Both will make us stronger, so It matters not to me."

Still more hushed he continues:

"However, Nicoles can travel by land or by sea. which may be of use for additional travel once we arrive. So I guess If we can keep the transportation throughout a bit of this quest, it boils down to stronger but restricted to sea, or weaker but free. I personally prefer the humble gal than the haughty prince."

Then speaking normally towards Nicole and Bartholomew, Siercon asks. "As we don't know exactly what we'll find when we get there, will our fare cover simply the journey there or will you remain nearby to aid us depending on what we find. If so, how long might you stick around?"

Edited by Siercon and Coral

"Well, I think the ploy is a good idea, but if we don't go for that, I'd have to say flight." said Warlen.

"Yeah, Bonapartes get Blownapart, but flight is right," remarked Quarion.

"Whatever the rhyming equivalent of Badum, Ting! is, lets just pretend I said it."

"Said Warlen.

Edited by The Chosen Minifigure

"Thank you, Dragonlord, for your willingness to pay for our voyage. Before we decide, I would like to ask if there is anything else we should know about the Dragoons, the region we will be traveling to, or really anything else regarding the quest."

Turning to Nicole and Captain Bartholomew, he says, "Nicole, you have an airship. Is it actually safe? I understand it hasn't been tested. How you can possibly know that it will get us to our destination without crashing or blowing to pieces? Captain Bartholomew, how fast can your ship travel? I understand your ship is more battle-ready and obviously less likely to crash. This is very comforting, but it might not matter if we get there too late."

"We can discuss that more once we're underway."

"There is risk associated with any form of travel. Of course, as Heroes, you are accustomed to danger, as it is the primary means by which you grow stronger."

"They are brave, Miss Tesla, not suicidal."

"Regardless, there are plenty of Heroes who have traveled safely aboard Mr. Legonardo's airship in the past."

"So you're saying it's only your airship that's dangerous, is that it?"

Nicole seems speechless at the accusation, and perhaps a little indignant as well. Even Captain Hornigold seems somewhat taken aback by the audacity of the comment, and he quickly fills in the silence.

"To answer your question, Mr. Ranger, the Princess of the Night is one of the Bonaparte fleet's finest ships, which is saying something considering the Bonapartes have the finest fleet in the world. She will get you to Dastan far quicker than any other ship you'll find here."

"Incorrect. As an airship, the Bostonius will naturally outspeed any seafaring vessel in existence. That is why airships are the future of transportation."

"Perhaps for those who don't care if they survive the journey. My crew and I are far more experienced than this girl will ever be. We know how to handle ourselves when danger arises, much like you Heroes. Good luck getting some scientist to save you in a crisis."

Kiray's eyes widened at the entrance of the two newcomers, but quickly narrowed and gave a small glance to the female assassin. She had been a little irksome to Kiray, and she wondered if the assassin may have let slip some news to other factions for her own gain.

"Going off of what Count Shadeaux said, something seems to be amiss with Darius' thinking, especially if this is out of sorts for him. I'd venture to guess that Darius is the leader and what is keeping Sirone with him, be it by choice or maybe holding Sirone hostage." Kiray pushed back a losse strand of hair before saying,"And if Sirone's family is havning trouble, could we use that to our advantage?"

"Like I said, we'll talk more aboard the ship--whichever one you pick for us--but I will say this: people can get touchy when family's involved. You'd be surprised how much someone can change when their family's in crisis."

"Interesting idea. I don't know if Dragonlord would be too happy to have to pay extra money for an additional ship. I also don't think we'll find them as quickly as you suggested. They won't necessarily be expecting us. Even if they were, I get the feeling that they'll be busy trying to find their dragons, and if they already have them, trying to master the art of flying them."

Turning to Dragonlord, Actaeon asks, "Do they know we are being sent after them?"

"If they do not, it would be unnecessary to take both. And if the airship can actually fly without crashing, I see no reason to take Bartholomew's ship. Unless we could be attacked from the air by something else."

Actaeon waits for a moment for his companions to respond. Perhaps they could think of other dangers the airship might hold.

Siercon utters, directing his voice to the group of heroes.

"Falling from he heavens to the surface of the waves, or from the surface of the ocean to the bottom of the sea...

fighting creatures in the sky, or monsters from the depths...

Both will make us stronger, so It matters not to me."

Still more hushed he continues:

"However, Nicoles can travel by land or by sea. which may be of use for additional travel once we arrive. So I guess If we can keep the transportation throughout a bit of this quest, it boils down to stronger but restricted to sea, or weaker but free. I personally prefer the humble gal than the haughty prince."

Then speaking normally towards Nicole and Bartholomew, Siercon asks. "As we don't know exactly what we'll find when we get there, will our fare cover simply the journey there or will you remain nearby to aid us depending on what we find. If so, how long might you stick around?"

"Siercon and Kiray are right. There's benefits and drawbacks to both ways, but there's no way of telling exactly what lies ahead."

"Dragons? You wish to use my ship as a lure to draw out dragons? The Bostonius has its defenses, but it is not built for that scale of combat. Regardless, I cannot stay once I have delivered you--I have important projects for the Tritech corporation underway that cannot be left unattended for more than a few days."

Captain Hornigold scoffs.

"We are willing to stay--a few extra days in port will not harm our schedule, and there are plenty of valuable commodities in Dastan that will improve our profit margins--a few extra days would only serve to increase our opportunities there. However, I doubt we'd be of much help in Dastan itself--the desert is no place for a sailor, naturally."

"It looks like either way, we'll be on our own once we reach Dastan."

"Well, I think the ploy is a good idea, but if we don't go for that, I'd have to say flight." said Warlen.

"Yeah, Bonapartes get Blownapart, but flight is right," remarked Quarion.

"Whatever the rhyming equivalent of Badum, Ting! is, lets just pretend I said it."

"Said Warlen.

"Charming," the captain remarks dismally.

Edited by Flipz

"If it matters not once we get there, I say we fly. I'd rather go for speed and an awesome ariel view."

Siercon said motioning to Actaeon Artus in a yielding way as if to say, "the decision is up to you"

"If it matters not once we get there, I say we fly. I'd rather go for speed and an awesome ariel view."

Siercon said motioning to Actaeon Artus in a yielding way as if to say, "the decision is up to you"

"I appreciate your deference, and I agree with you. I was leaning more toward going with the Captain until he said that he would not likely be helpful in Dastan itself. If that is the case, I think that his crew will only be useful in our travels there. Since Nicole can hopefully make the voyage much shorter, I think that an experienced crew won't be as big of an advantage as speed. If anyone has any objections, voice them now, otherwise, we'll be taking the airship."

Edited by Actaeon

"No objection from us." said Warlen.

"No use going the slow and snarky route." whispered Qaurion into his ear.

The pair burst out laughing, much to the bewilderment of the other heroes, and the annoyance of the dark clothed girl.