Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest#102: Debts

14089177058_bbac313fc9_o.jpg

IMG_2002_zpsa04e0125.jpg

"Where are those heroes?" muses Johnny Everyman as he stands on a street corner. Aparently, heroes aren't known for their punctuality.

Check your inboxes, heroes!

Edited by Zepher

OoC: Worth noting - no one has been lazy or slow with responding! The dice gods happen to be holding a person or two up, so I'm moving this along for those who finished!

IMG_2003_zps27465358.jpg

86e72599-dcf2-4158-89cc-4f14cf6c28f6_zpsbe873b22.jpg

"Well hola there, amigos!" exclaims Everyman as he pivots and finds two heroes behind him, as if they've been there the whole time and not like they've just arrived from two separate directions. "Ah, the lovely Miss Fenral - still single, I hope - and you must be... Nerwen?" He laughs aggressively. "Just kidding, just kidding. Oh how I make myself laugh. Matthias, how are you, I'm Johnny Everyman, but I guess you already knew that, huh? Where are the other four protectors? You should at least know where your Heroica fellows are, right? It's always the ones you don't expect to be on time that surprise you - but I guess something you're expecting can't really surprise you."

The Heroes

summernew_zpse90b9539.png

Alexis Fenral
, Orc-kin
(Masked Builder)
*Immune to
Blinded
*Counterstriking*
*Lucky*
*Hastened*

22 year old female elven Harlot

Level 44.4

Power Bonus:

Defense:

Health:
42/72

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Cat-o'-Nine-Tails (WP: 20, damage divided between all enemies, Suitable For Rouges), Ring of Sight (protects from
blinded
), Counterstrike Gloves, Medal of Glory (Artefact/Accessory - Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles)

Inventory:
Steel fan (WP:20,
ice
lightning
-, and
darkness
-elemental), Death's Whip (WP:11, on successful hits there is a 1/6 chance to cause double damage), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect, suitable to Rangers), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Staff of Ennon (WP: 5,
light
-elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4; staff), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Smelly Hide
(Suitable for barbarians and beast warriors, half damage from beasts and humanoids on Damage, bodywear),
Aquamarine (
Water
), Diamond (
Light
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Topaz (
lightning
), Fifty Shades of Bley, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Remedy, 2 Somas, 8 Water Bombs, 2x Lightning Bomb, 2x Fire Bomb, 3 Dirt Bombs, Smoke Bomb, 4x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, Health Core, 4x Potion, Grand Potion, 9 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 9 Remedies, 7 Grand Potions, Skeleton Decoy, 8x Bone, Deadly Venom, 2 Kraken Fangs (grants hastened- and reinforced-effects when consumed), Silver Ore (worth 60 gold), Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons during one battle. Consumable), Winged Sandals (artifact; footwear; protects from bound and slowed effects), 2xTitan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), Mulled Wine, 2 Grating Stones, Lieutenant's Helmet (SP:3, protects from
fragile
),
Crimson Venom (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects for the duration of one battle)

14010504049_0b44b3bbfd_o.png

Matthias
the Carnival Crusader (nstickney)

Level 10 Ranger *Immune to
Bound
Slowed
* *1/6 chance of being
Encouraged
at the start of any battle*

Power Bonus
: 1

Defense
: 0

Health
: 15/15

Gold
: 63

Equipment
: Fireball Extraordinaire (Hand Cannon, WP:5, also hits enemies listed above and below target, user is
Slowed
), Dapper Hat (wearer has a 1/6 chance of being
Encouraged
at the start of any battle), Winged Sandals (Footwear, protects from
Bound
and
Slowed
effects)

Inventory
: Steel Cutlass (Sword, WP:5, suitable for Knights or Rogues), Sword of the Red Lizard (Longsword, WP:10, fire-elemental), Grimmau's Clothespin (Headwear, prevents the first negative effect inflicted on the wearer during a battle), Grand Potion, Grating Stone, 2x Mead, Phoenix Essence, Remedy, Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

"Well hola there, amigos!" exclaims Everyman as he pivots and finds two heroes behind him, as if they've been there the whole time and not like they've just arrived from two separate directions. "Ah, the lovely Miss Fenral - still single, I hope?"

"Nice to see you too, Johnny. It's been a while. And yes I'm still single." She grins.

Matthias lets out another low whistle - he hadn't noticed Alexis standing there either, and how could a man miss that?

"and you must be... Nerwen?" He laughs aggressively. "Just kidding, just kidding. Oh how I make myself laugh. Matthias, how are you, I'm Johnny Everyman, but I guess you already knew that, huh? Where are the other four protectors? You should at least know where your Heroica fellows are, right?"

Math gives a slight bow. "Yes, I'm Matthias. Purpearl was headed to the Marketplace last I saw her" the gnome says, "but that was hours ago. I was walking over with a watchman named Thistlethorp and we were assailed by a Crimson Crown assassin. He said he was after Private Thistlethorp but I wonder. Who is this friend we're protecting?"

Edited by nstickney

"Nice to see you too, Johnny. It's been a while. And yes I'm still single."She grins.

"Encouraging!" declares Everyman with a smile. "I think last time I saw you, you know, saw you in person you had a little lackey mage, but I'd heard the good news threw the grape vine that he was bonkers and joined the watch and was fired from the watch and leaks now, so, glad to hear it's true!"

Math gives a slight bow. "Yes, I'm Matthias. Purpearl was headed to the Marketplace last I saw her" the gnome says, "but that was hours ago. I was walking over with a watchman named Thistlethorp and we were assailed by a Crimson Crown assassin. He said he was after Private Thistlethorp but I wonder. Who is this friend we're protecting?"

"Well, I don't want to spoil the surprise before everyone's hear. But I've heard of Thistlethorp. Bit cross-eyed? Yeah, it's not like the Crimson Crownies to make a mistake - if they're after him, they're after him, but Gods know that what's his face, my pal, has made some enemies, apparently, so who knows, maybe there was a merry old mix up? Oh, and look, another protector arrives! Did you get distracted with some unrelated adventure as well? I'm Johnny Everyman, and you're Purpearl Calmcacil! See how much I know?"

Purpearl makes her way out of an alleyway and joins her party!

9526423509_a47eccbb56_o.png

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)

180 Years Old Female Elven Mage *
Evasive

Level 10.5

Power:
(Level 10 + WP 3)

Health:
11/18
(Base 5 + 9 Levels + 4 Bonus)

Ether:
16/16
(Base 5 + 9 Levels + 2 Bonus)

Gold:
(Owes Karie 25 gold)

Equipment:
Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides Evasion Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torsowear), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory)

Inventory:
Thorny Rose (WP: 17,
wood
-elemental, deals the poisoned by 3 effect, mace), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to fragile, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators), Bedroll, Potion (x3), Grand Tonic (x2), Raw Sushi (Consumable, Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether), Tasty Pretzel (x2) (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Mead, Ambrosia, Bone, Tinyshroom, Level Up Mushroom, Venom (x2)

Gemstones:
Ruby (
Fire
), Topaz (
Lightning
)
, Amethyst (
Darkness
)

"I'm Johnny Everyman, and you're Purpearl Calmcacil! See how much I know?"

Matthias finds that the smooth-gabbing Johnny is already beginning to irritate him. "Hi, Purpearl," he says, happy to see she's arrived. "Any idea where Lady Nerwen might be?"

"Well, I don't want to spoil the surprise before everyone's hear. But I've heard of Thistlethorp. Bit cross-eyed? Yeah, it's not like the Crimson Crownies to make a mistake - if they're after him, they're after him, but Gods know that what's his face, my pal, has made some enemies, apparently, so who knows, maybe there was a merry old mix up? Oh, and look, another protector arrives! Did you get distracted with some unrelated adventure as well? I'm Johnny Everyman, and you're Purpearl Calmcacil! See how much I know?"

Purpearl makes her way out of an alleyway and joins her party!

Matthias finds that the smooth-gabbing Johnny is already beginning to irritate him. "Hi, Purpearl," he says, happy to see she's arrived."

Purpearl heaved a sigh of relief as Alexis and Matthias came into sight and lowered her wand, now stained with dried blood. "Good to see you again, Matthias, Alexis. How did you both find your way? I had to ask for directions, and was lucky to meet Keith Kibblestone." She turns to Johnny and gives a slight nod, trying to clean the blood off her wand, "Pleasure to meet you Mr. Everyman, I am Purpearl Berthadhiell. Please forgive me for being late, I didn't anticipate pests to be so hardy around here."

"Any idea where Lady Nerwen might be?

Purpearl shakes her head, "I was desperately trying to keep up with Alexis before two Town Watch guards took my attention away."

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

...trying to clean the blood off her wand... "I didn't anticipate pests to be so hardy around here..." "I was desperately trying to keep up with Alexis before two Town Watch guards took my attention away."

"Yikes!" Matthias exclaims, noticing the blood. He wasn't the only one waylaid, then, and he also wasn't the only one to meet up with the Watch. "Are you alright? What happened?"

"Encouraging!" declares Everyman with a smile. "I think last time I saw you, you know, saw you in person you had a little lackey mage, but I'd heard the good news threw the grape vine that he was bonkers and joined the watch and was fired from the watch and leaks now, so, glad to hear it's true!"

"Doesn't surprise me. He was a bit odd in the head."

"Speaking of being waylaid, I rescued a girl from a Crowkin. Which reminds me, where are we going Johnny?"

"Yikes!" Matthias exclaims, noticing the blood. He wasn't the only one waylaid, then, and he also wasn't the only one to meet up with the Watch. "Are you alright? What happened?"

"I'm alright, thanks for asking. It's nothing, dried out blood from rats. Just helped out with some spring cleaning, so he could get his lady back." Purpearl winks, obviously shuffling and shredding a few facts to avoid embarrassing herself in front of others. "M--att-hias, I saw that," Purpearl grins jokingly as she turns to look at Alexis.

"Speaking of being waylaid, I rescued a girl from a Crowkin. Which reminds me, where are we going Johnny?"

Purpearl begins to grow wary of her surroundings, "Heard from those Town Watch guards that it's pretty dangerous around here."

Purpearl heaved a sigh of relief as Alexis and Matthias came into sight and lowered her wand, now stained with dried blood. "Good to see you again, Matthias, Alexis. How did you both find your way? I had to ask for directions, and was lucky to meet Keith Kibblestone." She turns to Johnny and gives a slight nod, trying to clean the blood off her wand, "Pleasure to meet you Mr. Everyman, I am Purpearl Berthadhiell. Please forgive me for being late, I didn't anticipate pests to be so hardy around here."

"No trouble at all, Purpearl! Pests are pests are pests, they've got to be dealt with, of course. So more than forgiven. Hel, it ain't my life on the line anyway."

"Best I can tell you'll be hopping on a ship and heading out to sea. Can't say where you're headed, exactly. That information is confidential, so I told him to not tell me. See, if someone goes after him, and captures me, and tries to get the information out of me, I genuinely won't have it, so probably they won't try to get it out of me, knowing that."

Purpearl begins to grow wary of her surroundings, "Heard from those Town Watch guards that it's pretty dangerous around here."

"Hey, don't worry, no one is going to attack you while you're with me. I'm friends with more people than not, and so attacking me doesn't make since. For every one enemy I've got, there are two friends to protect me. A smart system, ain't it?" He grins. "Oh, look, there's three more friends now."

Nerwen walks forward, accompanied by two animals you usually don't see together.

11848567465_ee55225c16_o.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)

263 year old female Elven Paladin *Immune to
Fragile*

Level 28

Power bonus:

Defense:

Health:
47/47

Ether:
32/33

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Warrior of the Light (WP: 14,
Light
Elemental, Meditate becomes hits, longsword), Orc Barbed Shield (SP: 11), Heavy Armor (SP:5, Immune to
Fragile
, bodywear), Seal of the Warrior Priestess (At the beginning of the battle the user has a 1/6 chance to be Transcended, a 1/6 chance to be Blessed, and a 1/6 chance to be Inspired, Accessory, Suitable for Paladins), Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear)

Inventory:
Magical Staff (WP: 15;
Water
Darkness
-elemental; staff), Mourning Star (WP: 10;
Fire
-elemental; inflicts
Fragile
-effect; mace), Bent Crowbar (WP: 8; 3x damage to Mechanic enemies; hammer), Axe of the Minotaur Champion (WP: 30; user is
Slowed
and
Immune to Hastened
; cannot be equipped at the same time as a shield; axe), Shield of the Red Lizard (SP: 2, Immune to
Blind
), Helm of the Lord of Light (Headwear, Immunity to
Light
and
Jinxed
, Suitable for Knights),

•
Medal of Valor (Double experience from battles, accessory), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3; Max Ether +5; Immune to
Sealed
; bodywear), White Cloak (Max HP +3; backwear)

•
Opal
Topaz
Diamond
Garnet
Sapphire
Emerald
Aquamarine

•
Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Fragile, Scroll of Confusion

•
Phoenix Essence, Grand Tonics (3), Potions (4), Elixirs (3), Remedies (6), Tiger Balm, Neutralizer, Essence of Sorrow (50% assassination chance on non-immune target), Venom (2), Fire Bombs (2), Ice Bombs (2), Lightning Bombs (2), Water Bombs (2), Dirt Bombs (2), Air Bombs (2), Bone, Milk (restores 15 HP and 15 Ether), Carrot (restores 5 HP, 10 to rabbits), Ether Core, Grand potion, Ambrosia (3)

•
Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass

IMG_1994_zpsf80902ce.jpgIMG_1992_zps7f01817a.jpg

Russel Ruffers & Sir Pigley

Level 16.5 Rogue *Hastened*

Power: 42

Health: 26/30

Defense: 4

Gold: 346

Equipment: Crabspirator (WP: 16, deals the Blinded effect, darkness elemental, longsword), Crab Shell Armor (+4 Max Health, 4 SP), Pigley (+4 Power, +4 Max Health, Hastened)

Inventory: Rebel's Sword (Longsword, WP: 11)

"Thank that's everyone? Are y'all ready to go say howdy-ho to your employer?"

Stars shine I our meeting Master Everyman.

Alexis, it is good to see you. I see you have been working hard at your profession.

Matthias, Lady Berthadhiell, a pleasure to be in the same party more than just temporarily.

This is Russel Ruffers, the swashbuckling crab, and his faithful compainion Sir Pigley. I have a sylvania's cowl so can understand what they are saying. But they can understand you, so if you wish to speak to them or ask questions, go ahead. Treat them like any member of the party.

"Best I can tell you'll be hopping on a ship and heading out to sea. Can't say where you're headed, exactly. That information is confidential, so I told him to not tell me. See, if someone goes after him, and captures me, and tries to get the information out of me, I genuinely won't have it, so probably they won't try to get it out of me, knowing that."

"Well, it is what it is. I was going to bring along the girl I rescued, but she's going to Ve'er, not out to sea. And yes, let's get moving."

Nerwen looks over her party.

Alexis, I believe you can equip four artifacts. If you have nothing you wish to wear, feel free to borrow my white cloak for a little extra health.

You might also lend Matthias your quiver if you are not using it, his hat is only useful at the start of battle and exchanging a item that hastens is effectively a free action.

"Good idea Nerwen." Alexis takes the cloak and puts it on, then hands her quiver to Matthias. "I expect to get that back."

"M--att-hias, I saw that," Purpearl grins jokingly as she turns to look at Alexis.

Matthias gives Purpearl a wink. :wink:

"Best I can tell you'll be hopping on a ship and heading out to sea."

"So long as the captain knows his crew this time..." the ranger grumbles under his breath.

Nerwen walks forward, accompanied by two animals you usually don't see together.

Matthias looks on curiously to see a crab riding a pig... and smiles - he won't be the shortest adventurer in the party this time!

Matthias, Lady Berthadhiell, a pleasure to be in the same party more than just temporarily.

"Lady Nerwen, the pleasure is all ours I'm sure," the gnome says with a bow.

"Good idea Nerwen." Alexis takes the cloak and puts it on, then hands her quiver to Matthias. "I expect to get that back."

Matthias takes the quiver and examines it to see if it might be usable for storing shot and powder. "Of course I'll return it," he says; "thank you for loaning it to me!"

"Think that's everyone? Are y'all ready to go say howdy-ho to your employer?"

"Yes, let's be on our way!"

"Hey, don't worry, no one is going to attack you while you're with me. I'm friends with more people than not, and so attacking me doesn't make since. For every one enemy I've got, there are two friends to protect me. A smart system, ain't it?" He grins. "Oh, look, there's three more friends now."

Purpearl nods in agreement,

"Sometimes it is better to have more friends than enemies."

Stars shine I our meeting Master Everyman. Alexis, it is good to see you. I see you have been working hard at your profession. Matthias, Lady Berthadhiell, a pleasure to be in the same party more than just temporarily. This is Russel Ruffers, the swashbuckling crab, and his faithful compainion Sir Pigley. I have a sylvania's cowl so can understand what they are saying. But they can understand you, so if you wish to speak to them or ask questions, go ahead. Treat them like any member of the party.

Glad to see the party united, Purpearl smiles at Nerwen and welcomes Russel and Sir Pigley with a slight wave.

"I'm ready."

Johnny Everyman waves the heroes along into a squat ransacked house. The insides smell of mold and rot, and the wood is soaked to the core, soft, creaking, spongey. He leads them to the basement, which is marginally better - at least made of stone, though this too is crumbling, and dirt is poking through the cracks.

IMG_2000_zps6012b673.jpg

"Hello heroes, I'm Bart Aventine," says Bart (who I embarrassingly enough forgot to take a picture for...) "I'm glad you could make it. And Russel Ruffers and Sir Pigley as well. You come highly recommended from Everyman, all of you. I am told by Everyman that some of you may know my other body guard, also highly recommended by Everyman."

IMG_2001_zpsa366000d.jpg

XX.jpg

"Howdy there heroes, long time no see," says XX with his signature smirk. "Always wondered what'd it be like to work alongside you instead of blowing you to bits, so when Everyman offered me the job..." he scans the faces of the heroes discretely, though he must know the face he was hoping for wasn't there - "I jumped at the chance. I think Alexis is the only one I know. How's it going, Alexis. Glad to see you're alive and all, I guess."

[bart]

"Are you all going to catch up, or can I tell you a little bit about what we're doing here?"

XX.jpg

"Sure, get on with the show."

[bart]

"Thank you. The situation, heroes, is simple. Seven years ago, when I was younger and more foolish, and craved power over all else - as many young men do - a fellow apprentice and I stumbled upon a demon in the woods. Stumbled perhaps is the wrong word. We sought him out. Three witches visited us at night promising us great power if we struck a deal with him, and so we went to find him. He did indeed grant us great power, and we have used it since. But he was a demon. And he had a stipulation. When seven years passed, we were to meet him and each other, and we would duel to the death." Bart Aventine does not sigh at his misfortune, or smile pettily as if what he says is some paltry tale with foolish characters. His face remains solemn and drawn. "When I was young, seven years seemed a long time, and the idea of killing my fellow apprentice - Ennoc forgive me - did not make me feel ashamed, or even frightened. I was sure I could kill him, as I am sure now. It is now only a question of wanting to, or not, and I have found in my seven years since than that I have no desire to kill. I have performed many great and terrible deeds, but I have, through them, become a changed man. I am not old and wise yet, but I have every desire to be, and wish the same for all peoples. I have found, in the last two years, the call of Ennoc - not the call that the ferocious Paladins answer, but a happier call. A kinder call."

"If I could, I would go to the duel and lay down my life so that my former friend could live, but I am very afraid that a deal with a demon, and dying while fulfilling such a deal, will prevent me from entering Ennoc's Holy Land. And so I will not go to the duel, at the place where the demon told us to meet, and I have advised my fellow former apprentice, now my peer, to do the same. But he will not listen to reason. He hunts for me, and for my life. He will not live and let live, but would rather see one of us die, and all for the sport of some spawn of Zoot."

"The duel is on the Seventh of the Week. Today is the First. All I ask is that you protect me until then. Are there any questions I can answer for you?"

You have not met me, but I am familiar with your work.

Nerwen says coldly to the smirking bomber.

Speaking to their employer, she says in a warmer tone,

You may not find me a ferocious, but you will still need to be forthright and honest with us.

What are the penalties for not showing at the duel?

Matthias takes the quiver and examines it to see if it might be usable for storing shot and powder.

OoC: Meant to explain this earlier, but I just want to be sure - the quiver is usable without a bow or crossbow?

Less than enthused by the introductions of 'XX', Bart Aventine, and their mission, the gnome eyes Alexis, wondering what her reaction to the mysterious man will be. As Nerwen speaks to 'XX', he can hear the ice in her voice, and ponders the wisdom of bringing along an obvious enemy in the party when even Heroicans have betrayed him - and Purpearl - in the past.

You may not find me ferocious...

"Actually I think we may all find you ferocious," Matthias mutters, too low for anyone to hear.

Bringing his deep, small voice up, the ranger addresses Nerwen. "Lady Calmcacil, do you know if Mr. Aventine's fears of Ennoc's justice are founded?" Turning to Bart, he adds, "And I assume that when you ask us to protect you until the Seventh, that will include the Seventh Day itself, during which the demon is likely to appear. Everyman here mentioned a ship - may I ask where you intend to go in that time, and what you know about the demon itself?"

Edited by nstickney

Purpearl ponders for a moment before turning to Bart. The thought of demons continues to trouble her.

"Bart, please forgive me for my ignorance, but could you tell me more about those powers you got from the demon? What would happen if your former apprentice and friend, loses his life before the seventh?"

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

Answering Matthias' question, Nerwen shrugs.

It all depends, is he a follower or a servant, a disciple or an avatar? What deal was made in exchange for power and what was promised in return.

As it is, his situation sounds serious but precarious. Perhaps his fate truly does hang in the balance and we may do good here.

What of yourself Master Nogoth, which gods have you bowed before? Which do you honour?

"Well look who it is. Nice to see you too XX." Alexis says with almost a sneer. "Where were you planning on going?"

OoC: Meant to explain this earlier, but I just want to be sure - the quiver is usable without a bow or crossbow?

OOC: Yes, it's just called a quiver because I had a bow when I got it. :wink:

OoC: The quiver is suitable for all rangers, so you'll be good!

You have not met me, but I am familiar with your work.

Nerwen says coldly to the smirking bomber.

Speaking to their employer, she says in a warmer tone,

You may not find me a ferocious, but you will still need to be forthright and honest with us.

What are the penalties for not showing at the duel?

XX can't help but look flattered, though he covers it with another smirk and some light sarcasm.

22815e23-fe26-4b81-8fe5-b829f4e24fb8_zpsf4a52351.jpg

"You Heroicans talk about me? La-de-da."

6a7a6ef1-ef07-402c-8171-3ff8700ab804_zps59ea023d.jpg

"The demon was such a pompous one that he did not say specific penalties. I do not doubt, in his twisted sick mind, that he believed we would show up without hesitation, that human life, to us, is not something precious and the prospect of losing our own or stealing another's does not bother us in the least. He did outline some specific conditions - we must meet at the exact spot that we met him last time. I do not know what he will do if I do not arrive. Perhaps, though I hope not, he will take my fellow Apprentice's life, or perhaps as retribution he will consider me the loser by default and find me. I believe that is better than going, though, as I would much prefer to lose my life than the life of my old friend, and I would furthermore hope that Ennoc saw my final act as defying instead of bowing to a demon."

Bringing his deep, small voice up, the ranger addresses Nerwen. "Lady Calmcacil, do you know if Mr. Aventine's fears of Ennoc's justice are founded?" Turning to Bart, he adds, "And I assume that when you ask us to protect you until the Seventh, that will include the Seventh Day itself, during which the demon is likely to appear. Everyman here mentioned a ship - may I ask where you intend to go in that time, and what you know about the demon itself?"

"The further away I can get, the better. I have always wanted to go to Charis. I have always avoided it due to political turmoil, but I hear things have quieted down there. Perhaps I can finally make that trip."

Purpearl ponders for a moment before turning to Bart. The thought of demons continues to trouble her.

"Bart, please forgive me for my ignorance, but could you tell me more about those powers you got from the demon? What would happen if your former apprentice and friend, loses his life before the seventh?"

"Certainly. As you may know, considering that wand of your's, there is ether out in the world. No one, not even the greatest mages, fully understand it, but it allows us to manipulate things around us - heat, water, light, darkness. We can create luck, we can create speed, we can create music. The more difficult the task, the more ether it consumes. Raising the dead, for example, a dark art that I am embarrassed to admit I've tried once or twice, though no more, requires an enormous amount of ether, and all at once too. This demon allowed me greater stores of ether, and greater powers of manipulation - furthermore, more ether can course through my body at once, and so I can accomplish tasks I once believed impossible. My fellow Apprentice, a man you may now know by the title Lord Chauncey, is capable of similarly great feats. The demon also gave us both incredibly powerful weapons. I have since buried mine. And do not go looking for it. You won't find it."

"Well look who it is. Nice to see you too XX." Alexis says with almost a sneer. "Where were you planning on going?"

"Can't say I'm surprised. Heroica crosses paths with just about everyone. Besides, I told Nyx I thought you'd all live. Can't say I'm unhappy that I'm right." He sneers. "You did all live, right? Or, at least most of you?"

"Can't say I'm surprised. Heroica crosses paths with just about everyone. Besides, I told Nyx I thought you'd all live. Can't say I'm unhappy that I'm right." He sneers. "You did all live, right? Or, at least most of you?"

"Of course we lived, Heroica survives. We all lived, though some have become worse for wear."