maydayartist

English warship "Revenge" from 1577 in minifigscale 1:50

[pid][/pid] 155B

Hi guys,

I have done it.

After nine month of work i will present you my replica of the english galeon Revenge.

It is not all done with Lego but the sails and rigging is not suitable with Lego.

I need two weeks to find the modell I like.

The minifigscale was one of my prerequisite and so the original ship have to be a smaller one.

This size fit in my car so I can´t build a ship like the Vasa, the Sovereign of the seas or La Coronne.

But a galeon at any rate.

And after a talk with my workmate (a wooden ship modeller) the ship was found.

He owns a lot of books with many information about ship modelling and drawings

especially some very nice ones from the revenge.

After the selection I start with the hull and change my complete design after the first wall was finished.

The new technique and design fits very well and I continued work.

After three and a half month the most done with Lego was finished.

And I start the work with all the cloth and strings til now.

Minifigs aren´t on board at the moment but I will join them later.

If anybody is near Paris this weekend he can visit the "festibriques".

I will show my ship at this event.

Ok thats it for now.

enjoy the pictures ;)

galleone_revenge_01_.jpg

galleone_revenge_02_.jpg

galleone_revenge_03_.jpg

revenge.jpg

galleone_revenge_04_.jpg

galleone_revenge_05_.jpg

galleone_revenge_06_.jpg

galleone_revenge_07_.jpg

galleone_revenge_08_.jpg

galleone_revenge_09_.jpg

galleone_revenge_10_.jpg

galleone_revenge_11_.jpg

galleone_revenge_12_.jpg

galleone_revenge_13_.jpg

galleone_revenge_14_.jpg

galleone_revenge_15_.jpg

galleone_revenge_16_.jpg

galleone_revenge_17_.jpg

galleone_revenge_18_.jpg

galleone_revenge_19_.jpg

galleone_revenge_20_.jpg

galleone_revenge_21_.jpg

galleone_revenge_22_.jpg

galleone_revenge_23_.jpg

galleone_revenge_24_.jpg

galleone_revenge_25_.jpg

galleone_revenge_26_.jpg

Phil

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

This is outstanding! Mind boggling! Jaw dropping! Awesome! Splendid! Fabulous! AM-A-ZING!!

I adore this beauty!!

Edited by Mutant Orc

It's beautiful, astonishing, the shape is very smooth,

I can already say this is one of the best lego ships I've seen so far.

I'm very curious, how did you attach the hull planks?

I haven't seen any lego hull like it before,

I tried a technique involving flex tubes and clip plates but it always left gaps, your hull looks watertight and shows a great curve,

please enlighten me pirate_laugh2.gif .

Edited by Sebeus I

This is outstanding! Mind boggling! Jaw dropping! Awesome! Splendid! Fabulous! AM-A-ZING!!

I adore this beauty!!

WHAT HE SAID!

That is an awesome building technique and this huge ship shines with such incredible detail! Fantastic ship!

This is.......I got no word to describe such incredible beauty! Perfect proportions, perfect shape, splendid details at every inch of the ship, your technique to build the hull is so unique! I thought I was crafting a very nice one at LDD, but this leaves my desing sooo far behind, Its even frustrating just peek at it and see how perfect everything is! Haha, please, as Sebeus said, enlighten us!

I adore this beauty!!

um..what he said, truly awesomepirate_satisfied.gif

Well there goes my thunder... This must be the best galleon ever presented here and is easily one of the best ships ever. Though there is a bit of a gap where the bow transitions, the sheer scope of this project more than over shadows any perceived flaw. The level, of detail and accuracy is astonishing and I have a special love for functional rigging. You have my congratulations and respect for completing the full sail and rigging plan. I love the use of what I've been calling the "bent brick" method, using the natural tolerance of the Legos to curve the hull organically. I've been working on a method using this technique my self but no where near anything on this scale, yet. I have to thank you for sharing as in one motion you have rendered me both incredibly envious and inspired. Cheers to you and your Revenge! 

Edited by kurigan

That's an amazing ship! So many details, and so many ropes and sails...

I'd like to learn more on the techniques you used.

This is outstanding! Starting from the bottom up, the water breaking at the ships's hull really shows off the geometry of the boat with all the ''curvyness''. Detailing and decorations are amazing as well, snoted sides add extra volume, and it looks very realistic. The least likeable detail (not that it's not impressive) are the ropes and sails - they have a tendency to hide all the amazing details.

default_oh.gif This could indeed well be the finest LEGO galleon I've ever seen on this forum!

The amount of detail and accuracy is mindblowing!

And the rigging and sails are just like you would see them on a wooden model.

Do I also spot Sir Francis Drake himself on that one picture?

By the way, you've also earned yourself a place on the Eurobricks Frontpage default_pirate2.gif

Umm..... Wow! Just Wow! :pir-oh3: Where to even begin? I simply cant praise this MOC enough... Its just so massive, so detailed, and the hull.... Just how did you managed to do that? :wub: Oh my... I already knew how talented you were, but this jsut blows my mind to pieces.

Captain Becker

I have to agree with what the others have said - I haven't had so much time to read this forum lately, and I mostly check the Town forum, but when I saw this on the front page I knew I had to take a look. I'm duly impressed with how you've managed to put together a model that looks almost like a scale model - and that is not least due to the wonderful rigging and sails. I also really like the crazy angled walls and, not least, the irregular base. Well done - admittedly, I don't see as many LEGO pirate ships as a lot of other people that frequent this part of the forum more often, but I dare say you've raised the bar :)

Wow. Not only is it impressive from first sight, but I keep going back and appreciating all the little details on each level of the deck, all of the technic pieces embedded in the rigging (and the sheer amount of knot-tying that went into this!) let alone the incredible building techniques that everyone else has mentioned to achieve the curved look of the hull.

This is absolutely astounding.

Edited by rodiziorobs

This is not Lego anymore... it's a masterpiece of art! I love all the little details, especially the smooth curve of the ship and how you managed to put in all the little bright colours.

Thank you for sharing!

What more can I say but that I agree with all the compliments above. This is a fantastic MOC and something I am looking forward to examining in more detail.

Truly awesome, there is like no words to describe you ship.

That has to be the most beutiful, detaild Lego ship I have ever seen.

It would be cool to see that pearl in person