Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now 3: Day Four

Day Four: Never Get Out of the Boat

It was night time, and Mist (Mencot)'s still lay motionless on the deck. The crew had learned that she had been Corrupted by the terrors of Ragnarok.

1_zpsoksn6dth.jpg

Elsewhere, Pudding-Head (Hinckley was kissing Pernilla goodnight.

9_zps7ks0iycx.jpg

"Goodbye piggy," said Pudding-Head, climbing the hull, "Pudding-Head is going for a swim or something."

10_zps7nw4opyh.jpg

Meanwhile, Tarben the Wise (Tamamono) was having trouble sleeping.

2_zpsgngiqge4.jpg

"Tonight is my night," Tarben groaned, "I'm getting up tonight."

3_zpswrd3eemx.jpg

Using a nearby battleaxe to support himself, he lifted himself up!

"I'm going to get me some chicken," he said.

4_zpsefldothp.jpg

When the axe-wielding killer came to see Tarben, he was nowhere to be found. The figure looked around, puzzled.

5_zps8hxlvbjd.jpg

"Looking for someone?" a voice came from behind the figure. It was Tarben!

6_zpstqw4snnf.jpg

Unfortunately, Tarben had spent all of his energy, and was unable to lift his great axe in time...

7_zpsagicaywy.jpg

Later that night, Munud the Strange (mostlytechnic) was roaming the deck, searching for his lost potion.

"Ah! There it is! The missing chemical that turns water into mead! I have done it, mein Emperor!"

11_zpspcmj8gqw.jpg

Had the shadowy figure behind him overheard Munud's babbling, he may have been hesitant to kill him.

12_zpsiplxvn6j.jpg

Unfortunately, the figure didn't overhear him, and so he cleaved Munud in half.

13_zpsuyeeyy7g.jpg

"Heh! You fool! Weren't you paying attention yesterday? Those aren't my real legs! I can survive without them! Heheheh..."

IMG_2201_zpsmug12skc.jpg

Munud still couldn't survive underwater, however. He was Loyal.

IMG_2202_zps2skwzicx.jpg

Tarben the Wise was also Loyal, unable to withstand his shadowy rival.

8_zpsogct6dmd.jpg

The sun rose again, and the einherjar continued their journey to Valhalla. The snow was beginning to die down.

IMG_2213_zpsladn6qaz.jpg

"Our supplies are running short!" Tarr Egg-Chaser (Tariq j) complained, "I cannot cook with these shoddy ingredients! Bork de bork!"

"We will have to make do with what we have," Kára replied, "it is too dangerous to go foraging in these parts."

IMG_2214_zpsa022yhfk.jpg

Nevertheless, whilst the ship was resting, Tarr left in search of more food.

IMG_2216_zps8la6eaz1.jpg

"I think I see something!" Tarr shouted to the others.

IMG_2220_zpsysezrrcd.jpg

It was Pudding-Head (Hinckley), having returned from swimming or something.

"Chickens!" said Pudding-Head, presenting his find.

IMG_2221_zpsdlo9jvhn.jpg

The two heard a rumbling coming from behind the bushes.

"What was that?" asked Tarr.

IMG_2222_zpstob5xldz.jpg

"GIANTS!"

IMG_2223_zpsjcd2cett.jpg

"Never get out of the boat," the two wanderers muttered, "Never get out of the boat..."

z_zpseg4h6ski.jpg

Characters (15)

IMG_1946_zpsx2dcvaj8.pngCanute Grey-Bush (CallMePie)

IMG_1949_zpsw4ro0e01.pngPudding-Head (Hinckley)

IMG_1966_zpsysaqwjio.pngCranebeinn the Redder (Chromeknight)

IMG_1961_zpsgxcqurdi.pngPetrus Fire-Starter (Pandora)

IMG_1957_zpsgm3xvmof.pngDanr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs)

IMG_1952_zpsm4eiknse.pngPetr Half-Troll (Piratedave)

IMG_1939_zpsjjhouj1a.pngToki (TrumpetKing)

IMG_1954_zps0dpzzjm2.pngKaupmad (KingoftheZempk)

IMG_1947_zpsn9ovqetf.pngLauga (Lady K)

IMG_1965_zps9ses2d9f.pngTarr Egg-Chaser (Tariq j)

IMG_1948_zpsq5i1jvvy.pngAgnar Skull-Smasher (Adam)

IMG_1963_zpsyi4miq7q.pngDar (Dragonfire)

IMG_1944_zpsztlzsnri.pngJafri (Jackjonespaw)

IMG_1943_zpsskx4fsri.pngRagnvald the Troll (Ranger of the Forest)

IMG_1958_zpspujyp8zc.pngLodmund the Dwarf (Lord Duvors)

The Dead

1_zpszhk3sxez.jpgBrand (Brickelodeon) - Loyal - voted out, Day One

2_zpsj6otvry9.jpgPatrekr the Red (Palathadric) - Loyal - murdered, Night One

3_zpsl8ymhll8.jpgLambi (TheLazyChicken) - Corrupted - murdered, Night One

4_zpsvlm95tgu.jpgJarl Name-Loser (jluck) - Corrupted - voted out, Day Two

5_zpsztemwwwn.jpgDagstyrr the Fool (Darkdragon) - Loyal - murdered, Night Two

IMG_1959_zpswe3m5i2r.pngMist (Mencot) - Corrupted - voted out, Day Three

IMG_1973_zpslciuuoub.pngTarben the Wise (Tamamono) - Loyal - murdered, Night Three

IMG_1967_zpspftt8w9m.pngMunud the Strange (mostlytechnic) - Loyal - murdered, Night Three

Reserves

mediumsnowman

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Loyal or the Corrupted. To win the game, the Loyal must kill off all of the Corrupted, while the Corrupted must outnumber the Loyal. Neutral characters will have their victory conditions outlined in their role.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

2b. You may give your proxy vote to a player in the following format: Proxy: Character (Player). Doing so will gift your vote to the player of your choice, effectively giving them an extra vote. You may retract your proxy in the following format: Unproxy: Character (Player).

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

5b. Similarly, you may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent by another player via PM. Please paraphrase instead.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. Violation of any of the above rules will result in a vote penalty (1 for every 4 players alive) on the first two occasions and a mod-kill on the third.

10. You must post in every day thread. Failure to do so will result in a mod-kill or a replacement.

11. If you encounter a problem or have any further questions, feel free to contact me via PM.

We got another one! Three down, how many more to go?

It's unfortunate that we lost two loyal folk last night - seems I was wrong about Munud. I'm beginning to think that there isn't a SK now - there have never been more than two kills.

I had feared Munud was scum. His loyalty means he may have been onto something with his contribution. I shall trim my stylish goatee and consider what was said. I may need to take a nap too, so forgive me if I'm quiet for a little while, it is not that I will have forgotten or evaded the task.

I think we all feared Munud was Scum and his contribution seemed to be mostly about traitor speculation. Although it's tragic we lost a Loyal member, we can at least be glad that we won't waste today accusing him. He made one interesting contribution yesterday. I remember thinking it was a good point but I have to go back, dig through all the traitor nonsense, and find it.

This:

As for the voting of crane by jarl. I went back and looked. Pudding voted Crane first. Then Jarl was the second vote on Crane, in the very next post of the thread in fact. The only way that makes sense would be for Crane to be town. If Crane was scum, no way would Jarl risk following Pudding like that. It'd be way too likely to turn into an actual lynch of crane (like it nearly did).

The good news of the day is we have now gotten three corrupted. Sadly, lost two more loyal. Although Mist never contributed anything useful directly , she did PM Lodmund and he was convinced enough to unvote her after she said in thread she was scum. He would be worth looking into more today I think.

I was slightly worried towards the end of the day that Mist was actually just a Townie pulling a sting. Now that we know for sure that we've bagged three Corrupted in as many days, I have to ask... :look: Are we being punked? It's like the Scum team is all Wyle E. Coyote. They had an opportunity to really megabluck with us with that anonymous writeboard. They could have messed with our heads or tried to manipulate our Night Actions but they didn't...at all. They wasted an opportunity by not doing anything even slightly clever...at all. Judging by that and the fact that they keep confessing to try and find a traitor who may not actually even exist, I have to suggest that we're not dealing with the sharpest axes in the hut, if you catch my meaning, which if you are Scum, you probably do not.

Tarben, by the way, did tell me he tried to infiltrate by contacting Mist to claim to be the traitor. He did not get a writeboard like Agnar, Lodmund and I did. He just got a confession from Mist that she was also a traitor. :wacko:

Damn, I thought I was actually getting somewhere looking at Munud. :sceptic: But as Pudding-Head said, at least he won't be a suspicious distraction.

So...Danr. It's day four. You haven't finished reviewing day one, as you said you would in your "yay we got a scum, oh dear we lost a townie" post two days ago. Have you gotten stuck on some of the bigger words? Two common words that often crop up are 'sheep' and 'scum'.

NOOOoooo! Tamoooo! :cry_sad:

Well, aside from the death of Tarben the wise and too-good-for-this-world, we seem to be doing pretty well. Manud's death at least removed an obstacle from our way, as he would likely have been high on our list of suspects today. (Sorry buddy, no offense intended)

It looks like our blocker chose a non-killer target, which is not super useful in terms of easy catches, but maybe useful in terms of Sherlokian deduction.

As for Lodmund, I really can't see why he would be so easily swayed from voting for someone who claimed scum, but I absolutely cannot imagine a scum would be so dumb as to pull a stunt like that. :sceptic:

Damn, I thought I was actually getting somewhere looking at Munud. :sceptic: But as Pudding-Head said, at least he won't be a suspicious distraction.

So...Danr. It's day four. You haven't finished reviewing day one, as you said you would in your "yay we got a scum, oh dear we lost a townie" post two days ago. Have you gotten stuck on some of the bigger words? Two common words that often crop up are 'sheep' and 'scum'.

Sheep. There's not a day 1 review coming. I'm just trying to stay current now.

As for Lodmund, I really can't see why he would be so easily swayed from voting for someone who claimed scum, but I absolutely cannot imagine a scum would be so dumb as to pull a stunt like that. :sceptic:

There's always a small part of me that second-guesses scum claims, worried that they might be desperate townies pulling a sting, but if that's the case you need to reveal the sting at some point to someone. There were what, four hours left in the day? By that point, I think Mist had proved where her allegiances lay, so I still don't fully understand why Lodmund felt confident in unvoting her.

Danr, just one post above you, Canute asked some questions about posts you made in the past. Why did you ignore them?

I think Lodmund is Scum and when Agnar presented him with an opportunity to "pretend to be a traitor" he took it so that he would seem like a Townie trying to infiltrate the Scum. Agnar, how did Lodmund get involved in this scheme to contact Jarl? Who contacted who first? Why did you trust him to tell him what the plan was?

Wasn't around to answer this question yesterday. Shortly after Jarl made his confession and petitioned for traitor claims, Lodmund tossed me a potato engraved with words very similar to these:

This situation is leaving me unsure. Is it your belief that a traitor really exists?

It was after receiving his message that I decided it might be a good plan to falsely claim traitor to the scum. Lodmund told me that he had just done so, I assume at my suggestion, and was waiting for a response. That's around when I threw you a potato.

Following that, Lodmund wasn't really transparent with me. He didn't tell me he'd gotten a link to a Writeboard until I specifically prompted him about it. From the moment he sent me that first message, I was a little pinged that he asked me whether or not I thought Jarl's claim was for real. I'm not sure whether or not there is or isn't a traitor in this game, but it felt like he was probing to see whether or not Jarl's claim was a townie sting. If I was a traitor, and I was faced with an opportunity like Jarl's offer, I would want to make damn sure that he was for real before potentially outing myself to a townie.

:laugh:

In addition to Danr, another sheep has been Toki, who disappeared back into the woodwork after freaking the megabluck out over me saying his post was fluff. Actually, what I said was "no vote" and it sent him into a multi-point tail spin about how I couldn't be trusted. :wacko: what? *huh*

There's always a small part of me that second-guesses scum claims, worried that they might be desperate townies pulling a sting, but if that's the case you need to reveal the sting at some point to someone. There were what, four hours left in the day? By that point, I think Mist had proved where her allegiances lay, so I still don't fully understand why Lodmund felt confident in unvoting her.

See, I just can't see how what Mist did could have possibly been a sting, though. What did she hope to gain by that if she'd been Townie? I can't see any possible benefit.

Danr, just one post above you, Canute asked some questions about posts you made in the past. Why did you ignore them?

Didn't see it till I posted. Ain't that the way? Anyways, I've been inactive, but I would prefer "lurker" to "sheep" as I have my own opinions on matters. And I've been talking Tammo this whole time, as usual. Not as much as usual though. I really have been busy.

Also it seems now I misread CMP's querry. No, sir, I was not mired by sesquipedalian diction, merely the quantity of smaller words. :tongue:

This was the strangest thing Lodmund said, in my opinion:

Mist said yes, and asked if I was the traitor.

And then, bam! unvote? That's not enough to assume Mist didn't know about the writeboard. Mist, whose language isn't always clear anyway, could've just been continuing the conversation started on the writeboard. And the reaction from the Scum about me mentioning Lodmund's name is really weird. I know they're dumb but any idiot can see that I was accusing Lodmund when I mentioned his name. This sounds put on...although that's giving them a ton of credit.

Personally, I've always hated the term Scum or dumb, but I think this is the first game I've seen where it's Scum and dumb.

Well I for one feel that until the next day at least the information we are conversing about should be kept private.

I don't feel this was ever sufficiently answered: Why should that information have waited until the following game day. You were asking us to unvote someone who had confessed to being Scum. And I had already mentioned the anonymous writeboard and the three people who had contacted the Scum.

Another one down! This is starting to seem a little too easy.

As for what Lodmund said since Pudding brought it up, I think it's incredibly dumb (naive maybe) or a little dirty to hide the information being discussed until the next day, especially after a scum claimed scum.

Even if Mist was town, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around why she would've claimed scum in a sting. How often are stings even successful?

Even if Mist was town, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around why she would've claimed scum in a sting. How often are stings even successful?

*huh* ... did you catch the part where she is not Town and therefore that was not a sting.

I don't feel this was ever sufficiently answered: Why should that information have waited until the following game day. You were asking us to unvote someone who had confessed to being Scum. And I had already mentioned the anonymous writeboard and the three people who had contacted the Scum.

I hadn't been in contact with Agnar for a while and thought that she might've had better luck and that telling everything might spoil it. A stupid thing to think quite frankly. And I never asked anyone to unvote Mist, I just said that I was uncertain, again, stupid.

Wasn't around to answer this question yesterday. Shortly after Jarl made his confession and petitioned for traitor claims, Lodmund tossed me a potato engraved with words very similar to these:

This situation is leaving me unsure. Is it your belief that a traitor really exists?

It was after receiving his message that I decided it might be a good plan to falsely claim traitor to the scum. Lodmund told me that he had just done so, I assume at my suggestion, and was waiting for a response. That's around when I threw you a potato.

Following that, Lodmund wasn't really transparent with me. He didn't tell me he'd gotten a link to a Writeboard until I specifically prompted him about it. From the moment he sent me that first message, I was a little pinged that he asked me whether or not I thought Jarl's claim was for real. I'm not sure whether or not there is or isn't a traitor in this game, but it felt like he was probing to see whether or not Jarl's claim was a townie sting. If I was a traitor, and I was faced with an opportunity like Jarl's offer, I would want to make damn sure that he was for real before potentially outing myself to a townie.

I was gone for a while and, as I said, I didn't trust you fully. Sorry.

This is excellent news! I'm surprised about Munud, the question now remains whether there really is a traitor.

This is excellent news! I'm surprised about Munud, the question now remains whether there really is a traitor.

I will eat my hat...I don't own a hat...Oh, yes I do! And it's a licorice hat!...I will eat my hat if there is a traitor in this game. I kind of hope there is now because I love licorice!

I brought this up yesterday and I'll throw it out there again. With the way the scum are acting, is it possible that we are dealing with two different scum teams and each thinks they are the only team?

I brought this up yesterday and I'll throw it out there again. With the way the scum are acting, is it possible that we are dealing with two different scum teams and each thinks they are the only team?

That's even less likely than the whole 'traitor' thing. As far as I can tell the scum are simply being idiotic because they are idiots.

That's even less likely than the whole 'traitor' thing. As far as I can tell the scum are simply being idiotic because they are idiots.

From what I have heard in other lives, it has happened in others' past lives, so it is always a possibility.

I don't know how I think about this. Personally, I think it's much more likely that we're just up against an incompetent scum team. We have no evidence to the contrary. We don't even have a 3rd kill by the looks of things! Why that is, I can't tell, because with the numbers as they are, it would certainly not be unbalanced. That's kind of why I believe the traitor issue.

Read the first Ragnarok. The Scum team (which included me) went down so quickly, people thought the same thing. I don't think there is in this case. Having knocked out three Scum, I think we'd have seen the name of another faction at this point. I doubt they would both be called Corrupted. Although, stranger things have happened.

I have to suggest that we're not dealing with the sharpest axes in the hut, if you catch my meaning, which if you are Scum, you probably do not.

But I don't think there's anyone left alive who's that dumb, which worries me. Are they simply acting dumb to give us a false sense of security?

Tarben, by the way, did tell me he tried to infiltrate by contacting Mist to claim to be the traitor. He did not get a writeboard like Agnar, Lodmund and I did. He just got a confession from Mist that she was also a traitor. :wacko:

Hang on... what? Why would Mist claim traitor to Tarben when she asked for the traitor to claim? This is just getting weirder, and I have a feeling that Mist was intentionally being weird to mess with our heads. Remember the guy on the writeboard conversation who spoke in weird text talk? I think that was Mist too.

And the reaction from the Scum about me mentioning Lodmund's name is really weird. I know they're dumb but any idiot can see that I was accusing Lodmund when I mentioned his name. This sounds put on...although that's giving them a ton of credit.

You know what? I have another theory. (This is assuming that Lodmund is town and telling the truth about the writeboard conversation). Maybe the Scum were convinced that Lodmund was legit, and were alerted to the fact that he was fake-claiming when you mentioned the "two others" who had fake-claimed. A bit far-fetched though.

If this is true then by now, the scum themselves should have worked it out and joined up with the other team, but it's very unlikely that it is the case.

I doubt they would both be called Corrupted.

Look at Eurobricks Mafia I. Both teams had the same name.

I've given Lodmund a chance to come clean with me, but he hasn't taken it. After Pudding and I received our Writeboard links, we shared them with each other. TPRU, I don't know if this is a violation of any of the rules about quoting PMs and the like. For what it's worth, we shared the Writeboards with each other before Pudding asked you about whether or not it was OK to post them in the day thread.

I have asked Lodmund several times in private to see his Writeboard, and have given him access to my own. If he's a loyal townie, then he has no reason not to give me access to this Writeboard. Even if he suspected I was scum, why wouldn't he give me the link? If I were scum, I would've had access to the Writeboard anyway. No, the only reason I can come up with as to why Lodmund wouldn't give me access to his Writeboard is that there's something in there he doesn't want the town to see.

Oh Thor, you know what? It just dawned on me. Mist was the traitor. All her scummy posts were her way of signaling to the scum to convert her into the fold. She didn't open with the PM to catch the traitor because she was the traitor. Either she was converted the night before she died (and the "we wasted a night on Hinckley" comment in the write board was just a ruse) or she never got added into the fold.

That explains it to me. I did similarly last life when I was the SK looking to ally with the scum (certain posts were quotes from hannibal, and others were intentionally written to sound evil). I didn't screw it up as badly as Mist did, though.