Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now 3: The Heart of Darkness - Sign Ups

Preview-4_zps95adf95f.jpg

This game takes place after the events of Ragnarök Now: Redux, in which the world ended. Each of you will play the role of a Norse hero, struggling to survive in a post-apocalyptic Asgard.

Game rules and mechanics will be similar to the previous two Ragnarök games. Roles will be mainly based around those used in Ragnarök Now: Redux, though there will be some changes made to reflect the flavour of the game.

(None of this is vital, but here's a quick recap of where things left off):

Heimdall blew a horn, which meant that Ragnarök had arrived:

IMG_1485_zps9ad5922d.jpg

Loki rode to war against the Gods with some monsters:

IMG_1493_zps787a15d7.jpg

In the ensuing battle, the Gods all died. Heimdall and Loki killed each other:

7b_zpsgeqvrpvp.jpg

... Thor and the serpent Jörmungand killed each other...

8_zpsbc6mrk8d.jpg

... And Odin and the wolf Fenrir died too...

9b_zpspuhbgmhn.jpg

The Einherjar couldn't take part in the battle, because the Servants of Loki had duped them all big time:

IMG_1558_zps24e2c70e.jpg

Harald the Non-Playable Character turned out to be working with the Servants of Loki all along:

IMG_1560_zpse0b065c8.jpg

But he got eaten by a dragon:

IMG_1570_zps74af41c2.jpg

The dragon proceeded to burn everyone and the world ended:

IMG_1587_zps92141139.jpg

The End... (?)

Since there have been no recent Mafia School games, and since there has been a general shortage of players lately, I will be allowing new players to sign up, provided they have a good understanding of mafia games. Experienced players will still receive first preference.

To sign up, please answer these three simple questions:

1) Have you participated in a mafia game and/or passed a Mafia School game? If not, what steps have you taken to gain an understanding of EB mafia games and mafia games in general?

2) Will you be able to post regularly over the next 4-6 weeks?

3) If you have played a Ragnarök game before, do you wish to reprise your role as your previous character(s)? If you have NOT played a Ragnarök game before, you get to sit this question out!

Good to see the game coming up!

1.) Sadly, no. I have read lots of Mafia School games and some Advanced/Veteran Games, I have also had a look at mafiascum.net for information about roles etc.

2.) Yep, I'll be free.

Whoo haa

1. Yes, i have many Times... played the game that, understanding... not that much :sarcasm::tongue:

2. Pretty much yea, some days can be more busy but I always post everyday.

3. Ofcourse, hell yeah. The lunatic wannabe Einherjar Mist was fun to play, as long as it lasted hopefuly this time it will be longer than a day and night. :sweet:

1. I played in both of the last Ragnarok games for starters.

2. I should be.

3. I certainly wouldn't mind keeping Patrekr. :wub:

1) Yep.

2) Yep.

3) I'd love to get Canute's hairy Gray Bush into this.

1) Have you participated in a mafia game and/or passed a Mafia School game? If not, what steps have you taken to gain an understanding of EB mafia games and mafia games in general?

I have played 4 mafia games in total. I think I have a basic understanding although I still feel and act like a newbie at times.

I am taking summer school, but I should be able to post sufficiently.

3) If you have played a Ragnarök game before, do you wish to reprise your role as your previous character(s)? If you have NOT played a Ragnarök game before, you get to sit this question out!

*Sits question out*

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Wish I had been part of it before..... :sad:

Nope! Yes! Yes! Danr, the day 1 (or 2, I forget) martyr shall rise again!

~Insectoid Jarl

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I'm in. Yes, played many games here, yes, I'll be available (slightly less available the week of June 28-July 4, but I'll still be plenty active. Just more likely to be reading/posting on phone instead of computer so less in depth perhaps). And no, I wasn't in any previous games of Ragnarok.

1) Have you participated in a mafia game and/or passed a Mafia School game? Yes, four games (counting Mafia School)

2) Will you be able to post regularly over the next 4-6 weeks? Yes

3) If you have played a Ragnarök game before, do you wish to reprise your role as your previous character(s)? N/A

Well since a mafia school hasn't came out yet and I've been waiting for one of these games, I'm going to enter this one.

1) Have you participated in a mafia game and/or passed a Mafia School game?

Yes, I've passed one of them. I've played the traditional party game too.

Hopefully yes if no tragedy happens.

1) Never played mafia

2) I'm out of town until next Saturday, but I'm free as a bird afterward.

As much as I want Baulf to return, I'm going to have to sit this one out. I'm about to study abroad for the summer and I don't think I'd be able to fully commit.

It'll be interesting to watch from the sidelines though. It's been a while since I've done that.

1) No. However, I have read a lot of games here over the years, and I feel like I have a fairly good grasp on the mechanics.

2) Yes, I believe so.

In short, I'd love to get a chance to play if you'll have me, but if not I'm happy to watch from the sidelines :classic:

Ooh, I'm sad to say I'll be sitting this one out as well. I do believe Snotra died anyways. :look: I'll definitely watch from the sidelines!

1) Yes, I have played Mafia games before this.

2) Unless something utterly unforeseen comes up, yes.

3) No. :grin:

Oooooooh I wish I could join, return as Sveinn, but I'll have to sit it out, I'll cheer from the sidelines :classic: ! Good luck!

By my count, we've got 17 sign ups so far, which is a little less than I'd planned for. I'll leave the Sign-Ups open for a while longer, but hope to get the game started up in the next week.

3. Sure

You've actually played as two characters before. Do you have a preference?

24.jpgDagst_zpsbc99ded3.png

Dagrun and Dagstyrr the Fool

This sounds awesome, but

As much as I want Baulf to return, I'm going to have to sit this one out. I'm about to study abroad for the summer and I don't think I'd be able to fully commit.

It'll be interesting to watch from the sidelines though. It's been a while since I've done that.

Me too! My wifi is way too spotty to commit to playing a game with you all.