Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Main Street Mafia: Day Four

mainstreetmafia.png

Main Street Mafia Day Four: Third Time Lucky

IMG_3334.jpg.png

It's late at night once again, since night of course follows day, and Ace Brickman (Kintobor) sits on the park bench after returning from one of his late night illegal bingo games.

"Goddamn cheaters." he says. "That free space was perfectly lined up."

IMG_3343.jpg.png

"Oh, hello! Are you here to kill me?" Ace asks.

"Why, yes I am."

"I was able to determine that by noting that your identity is hidden and there's a gun in your hand, plus that I'm being shown at night!"

*BANG*

IMG_3326.jpg.png

"Freakin' smartass."

Elsewhere...

IMG_3362.jpg.png

The Serial Puncher strikes again!

"Ow! Who are you stranger, and why are you punching me?!" Eric Foster (Palathadric) asks.

IMG_3348.jpg.png

The Mayor emerges from the Town Hall the next day with a mixture of triumph and despair on his face, even though his exp

ression can't really change.

"I have good news and I have bad news, as usual." he starts. "I was able to determine that Russell Price (Sandy) was scum! However, poor Ace Brickman (Kintobor) was killed. He was a loyal townie! We'll have time to mourn later. For now we must continue on in our search!

~~~

Players (10):

sarahharris.jpg.png

Sarah Harris, owner of the Grand Emporium -- Jackjonespaw

chrisharris.jpg.png

Christopher Harris, Sarah's Husband -- Dragonfire

wandabarnes.jpg.png

Wanda Barnes, Brian's Wife -- Piratedave84

ericfoster.jpg.png

Eric Foster, Co-owner of Chez Albert -- Palathadric

annfoster.jpg.png

Ann Foster, Co-owner of Chez Albert -- StickFig

eugenebryant.jpg.png

Eugene Bryant, Chef at Chez Albert -- Dannylonglegs

louismurphy.jpg.png

Louis Murphy, Owner of the Pet Shop -- Jamesn

lindacook.jpg.png

Linda Cook, Owner of the Palace Cinema -- TrumpetKing

alcooper.jpg.png

Al Cooper, Owner of Al's Barber Shop -- TinyPiesRUs

gregmchenry.jpg.png

Gregory McHenry, Res-Q Seaman -- Lady K

Gone, but not forgotten:

brianbarnes.jpg.png

Brian Barnes, owner of the Green Grocer -- Shadows (Scum)

shirleycarter.jpg.png

Shirley Carter, Brickman's Secretary and Lover -- def (Townie)

carlhill.jpg.png

Carl Hill, Waiter at Chez Albert -- KingoftheZempk (Townie)

kathymurphy.jpg.png

Katherine Murphy, Louis' Wife -- jluck (Townie)

ireneallen.jpg.png

Irene Allen, Firefighter -- Mostlytechnic (Scum)

pamelacooper.jpg.png

Pamela Cooper, Al's Wife -- Tamamono (Townie)

russellprice.jpg.png

Russell Price, Dockworker -- Sandy (Scum)

acebrickman.jpg.png

Ace Brickman, Private Detective -- Kintobor (Townie)

Rules:

1) Every player has received their own character. You are either aligned as a Townie or Scum. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. Any third party characters have received their own conditions.

2) Every day you will be able to vote for a player. Voting should be done as so: Vote: Character (Player). Unvoting is to be done in the same fashion: Unvote: Character (Player). A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You must vote every day, or you'll receive some sort of devious punishment.

3) A game day will last 72 hours, but if a unanimous vote is acheived after the 48 hour mark and the day thread goes quiet, the day may end early to my discretion. You may not vote within the first 24 hours of the day. Once the day is over, you will have 24 hours to send in a night action if this applies to you. Nights will last at most 48 hours, but it usually won't and I'm just saying that so nobody faults me if I'm late. You may not talk about the game outside of the day thread.

4) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6) You are encouraged to role-play in this game. I've provided a role for you to expand upon if you wish. With that being said, please try not to post out of character in the game thread. You may PM other players, but do so at your own risk.

7) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances.

8) Don't edit your posts.

9) You must post in every day thread. You must also post every twenty four hours.

10) Try to be nice to your fellow players. It's a game on a LEGO forum.

11) Violation of your first rule will result in a 5-vote penalty and your second violation will result in your death!

12) If any player asks you to break these rules or does break these rules in private, report them to me immediately with proof of their violation.

Alright, well, colour me surprised that Ace was a Townie. :laugh: Excellent that Russel was scum, although it got pretty obvious at the end... so... who's next? Eric? Anyone have any other insight into who the remaining scumbo may be?

You know, we should lynch for a living considering how successful we are at at. Ann, I'll look into starting up a new business leaning to that department. We could be quite the hit, if you don't mind me saying so.

Also, apparently I was punched in the face, but I didn't get any PM in regards to that. :look:

So, yeah, with that result, Sarah is pretty much confirmed Town in my mind.

Greg is still top on my scum list for now, though I have to add that Wanda and Linda have rubbed me the wrong way since Day 1.

We're on a roll! But it's curious that we've only had one kill for the past two nights, when there were 3 on Night One.

We're on a roll! But it's curious that we've only had one kill for the past two nights, when there were 3 on Night One.

There are a number of possibilities. The blocker is still alive, we lynched/killed the scum killer (is that a role? I haven't played scum in like 3 years).. Ok not that many possibilities, but..two or three.

So who are our lynch options today? Is it between Greg and Eric?

Nice to see we were right once again on Russell. Surely there can't be many more scum out there, but going from three kills to 1 kill is interesting, and I think we've got a serial killer on our hands. It's very possible that the vigilante is dead. A possible scenario is the scum blocked the vigilante night two and killed them night three. I can't imagine the scum would block the vigilante, notice there were less kills, then keep them alive the next day too, so I'm beginning to think maybe Kintobor was our vigilante, unless they were actually killed earlier.

Also, in my experience the scum usually inherit the killing role when their godfather dies, so I don't think that's why we're seeing one kill. I think the likely scenario is that the vigilante is dead, leaving a scum kill and a serial killer to make the kills, which also means, should our blocker be alive, should hopefully have a result that can connect to either of the killing roles. I definitely don't see this kill coming from a vigilante

Oh, and the complications of doctor saves come into play, in which it's possible, but much less reliable, to gain some clears from that too.

Nice to see we were right once again on Russell. Surely there can't be many more scum out there, but going from three kills to 1 kill is interesting, and I think we've got a serial killer on our hands. It's very possible that the vigilante is dead. A possible scenario is the scum blocked the vigilante night two and killed them night three. I can't imagine the scum would block the vigilante, notice there were less kills, then keep them alive the next day too, so I'm beginning to think maybe Kintobor was our vigilante, unless they were actually killed earlier.

Also, in my experience the scum usually inherit the killing role when their godfather dies, so I don't think that's why we're seeing one kill. I think the likely scenario is that the vigilante is dead, leaving a scum kill and a serial killer to make the kills, which also means, should our blocker be alive, should hopefully have a result that can connect to either of the killing roles. I definitely don't see this kill coming from a vigilante

Oh, and the complications of doctor saves come into play, in which it's possible, but much less reliable, to gain some clears from that too.

Hehe, I could easily see it being a vigilante kill. Ace was scumming up the place in my opinion, and avoided getting lynched yesterday despite the penalty votes, and then Russel seemingly bussed him at the end. If I were the vigilante, I would have done the same. Furthermore, wouldn't the scum have prefered to lynch Ace during the day and kill someone not on the chopping board last night? I personally think it's much more likely that the Scum killer got blocked. Unless the scum knew for sure that he was a power role, it wouldn't make sense for them to kill him.

It could have been an SK though, if the SK's win condition lets him/her win with the town, acting as a vigilante would serve him/her well Now that we're obviously winning.

Also, not sure I personally believe this, but I'm sure I've heard before of the scum killer'killer's death preventing the role from being usable the night after.

I definitely think that our protector or blocker was successful last night in preventing a scum kill. It'It's now a matter of figuring out if the block was the key, meaning we have a positive result for scum (or SK if we assume this is the scum kill and we don't have a Vig and the SK killed last night), or if it was the protector who guessed accurately the would-be target.

I'd be very interested to hear what Al has to say on the matter. If we play our cards right today or tonight may be our last. :grin:

I said yesterday that the dual bandwagons would give us important information if Russel flipped scum. Because the Eric wagon took off earlier, it is probable that the last few scum jumped on, seeing an easy chance to take out a townie after losing two scum in two days. Ann, Wanda and Greg voted for Eric and didn't switch to Russel. Again, it is likely that the earliest votes on Russel are townies, as scum would not want to risk bussing another buddy after losing two of their own to lynches. Linda, Sarah and myself voted for Russel early. However, once the votes became tied and Russel's wagon gained momentum, it is quite likely that one or two scum switched votes to look town. Louis was the only vote-switcher, although Eugene and Eric did vote late.

The really odd thing is that Eric waited for a long time to vote for Russel, even though he himself was the alternative. This looks scummy; however, I doubt that three scum would all jump on Sarah on Day 1 - that would just be too obvious. It does make Sarah look town, though.

Living people who voted for Eric: Ann, Louis, Wanda, Gregory

Living people who voted for Russel earlier: Chris (me), Linda, Sarah

Just saying, it is unlikely that the scum killed Ace. Unless they thought he had a power role, he was an efficient distraction to the town and a possible lynch candidate. More likely SK than vig, though. And I agree that one of Pamela, Carl or Shirley was likely our vigilante.

The really odd thing is that Eric waited for a long time to vote for Russel, even though he himself was the alternative. This looks scummy; however, I doubt that three scum would all jump on Sarah on Day 1 - that would just be too obvious. It does make Sarah look town, though.

I don't see any reason why the Eric isn't scum from this; while it's probably not advisable for the scum to be so obvious, doing so that early in the game might be just the kind of gutsy move they would think made sense. Our Day One was a pretty quiet one compared to some I've participated in, and maybe that's why. I don't have a problem voting for someone else if more information emerges, but here's my vote to start today.

Vote: Eric Foster (Palathadric)

Sorry honey, I wub wub wub wub you but you seem pretty scummy!

The really odd thing is that Eric waited for a long time to vote for Russel

They probably wanted to swing the wagon around onto Ace. In fact, known scummo Russell voted for Ace to make it 6 votes - they only needed one more person to be convinced in order to lynch someone we now know (and they knew all along) was a townie. I voted for Eric early yesterday, and I'm happy to do it again.

Vote: Eric Foster (Palathadric)

BOOM! 3 for 3; we're really good at this!

I'm going to follow my previous impressions and Vote: Eric Foster (Palathadric)

Hehe, I could easily see it being a vigilante kill. Ace was scumming up the place in my opinion, and avoided getting lynched yesterday despite the penalty votes, and then Russel seemingly bussed him at the end. If I were the vigilante, I would have done the same. Furthermore, wouldn't the scum have prefered to lynch Ace during the day and kill someone not on the chopping board last night? I personally think it's much more likely that the Scum killer got blocked. Unless the scum knew for sure that he was a power role, it wouldn't make sense for them to kill him.

It could have been an SK though, if the SK's win condition lets him/her win with the town, acting as a vigilante would serve him/her well Now that we're obviously winning.

Also, not sure I personally believe this, but I'm sure I've heard before of the scum killer'killer's death preventing the role from being usable the night after.

I definitely think that our protector or blocker was successful last night in preventing a scum kill. It'It's now a matter of figuring out if the block was the key, meaning we have a positive result for scum (or SK if we assume this is the scum kill and we don't have a Vig and the SK killed last night), or if it was the protector who guessed accurately the would-be target.

I'd be very interested to hear what Al has to say on the matter. If we play our cards right today or tonight may be our last. :grin:

I agree with much of this. Hopefully Al can clear things up for us.

I think that right now the one who stands out the most to me would be Ann. She has already voted for Eric ( the first of three successive votes) by quoting Christopher? On Day 1 three people jumped on the bandwagon for Sarah. Two of which are confirmed scum. It doesn't make sense for three scum to stick themselves out like that. Eric as the middle of those three seems more townie now than scum. But Ann's reasons for voting him today really doesn't make sense after Russell turned up scum.

So I will vote:

Vote: Ann Foster (StickFig)

:moar:

Apparently Eric has been cleared as a townie, but of course that doesn't rule out the possibility that he's the godfather. I can almost buy that three scum would vote for Sarah in a row since Brian would have been a big loss for the scum team, and because no one would normally expect three scum to associate with each other so obviously. Eric and Irene's almost simultaneous votes for Sarah, as well as Eric's reluctance to vote for Russell yesterday, both still bother me too.

Personally I think there are better options to pursue today, but what does everyone else think of Eric?

I particularly don't read Eric as scum. Yesterday's bandwagon on him confused me and seemed rushed, so hearing he's town wouldn't surprise me all that much based off my own read.

I want to get a vote analysis done later, hopefully that can shed some light on where we should look into.

Apparently Eric has been cleared as a townie, but of course that doesn't rule out the possibility that he's the godfather.

[....]

Personally I think there are better options to pursue today, but what does everyone else think of Eric?

Well that changes things. It's been my theory that Irene was the godfather, so I'll:

Unvote: Eric Foster (Palathadric)

Super-scummy flash-wagons aside, let's focus on the facts:

:moar:

Apparently Eric has been cleared as a townie, but of course that doesn't rule out the possibility that he's the godfather. I can almost buy that three scum would vote for Sarah in a row since Brian would have been a big loss for the scum team, and because no one would normally expect three scum to associate with each other so obviously. Eric and Irene's almost simultaneous votes for Sarah, as well as Eric's reluctance to vote for Russell yesterday, both still bother me too.

I think Eric is likely town, not because of his own actions but because of how hard certain people are pushing for his lynch. I doubt that three scum would all vote for Sarah, though.

Due to a lingering gut feeling and an uneasiness about his bandwagon-hopping, I'm going to Vote: Louis Murphy (jamesn)

Oh, and here's a vote analysis I've been making:

Untitled_zpsewsejgsw.png

It might be worth pointing out that Christopher voted for Brian when he wasn't in danger of being lynched and the bandwagon had clearly formed against me (though I guess maybe he didn't read that far ahead):

I haven't had time to read any of the posts, and I probably won't be back for about 12 or so hours. I'm going to vote just in case the day ends and I get penalised.

Vote: Brian Barnes (Shadows)

I'll explain it more later.

He never did get around to explaining that vote.

The rest of the votes on Brian came after I roleclaimed.

Well that changes things. It's been my theory that Irene was the godfather, so I'll:

Unvote: Eric Foster (Palathadric)

Perhaps Russell was the godfather? He certainly asked to be investigated and tracked enough times.

In light of the information Al gave us I will Unvote: Eric Foster (Palathadric) and go back to see what I can find.

Apparently Eric has been cleared as a townie,

Oh, do tell? Unvote: Eric Foster (Palathadric) :grin_wub: I never doubted you for a moment, honey!

It might be worth pointing out that Christopher voted for Brian when he wasn't in danger of being lynched and the bandwagon had clearly formed against me ...He never did get around to explaining that vote.

Yes, but he also hammered Irene if I remember right and started the lynch on Russel.

But Ann's reasons for voting him today really doesn't make sense after Russell turned up scum.

Fair enough - I didn't think about that, but it does clear up both Eric and Christopher.

At this point it's hard to pick anyone else to vote for! Pretty much everyone left has voted off scum at least two days of three; nothing is popping out to me on the voting pattern. Closest thing is Gregory McHenry, so I guess I'll do the revenge vote thing for now.

Vote: Gregory McHenry (Lady K)

Somebody let me know if I've missed something and Greg has been cleared....

Yes, but he also hammered Irene if I remember right and started the lynch on Russel.

From my record, it seems you hammered Irene. He voted for her after that. Not that hammering Irene is much of a town tell - Irene was pretty much confirmed scum, and someone had to do it. Not voting for her would have been suicide. As for the Russell vote, I think he was going to come up as a lynch candidate yesterday regardless.

It might be worth pointing out that Christopher voted for Brian when he wasn't in danger of being lynched and the bandwagon had clearly formed against me (though I guess maybe he didn't read that far ahead):

He never did get around to explaining that vote.

The rest of the votes on Brian came after I roleclaimed.

Basically, I voted for Brian because I knew that I probably wouldn't be online again before the day ended and I wanted to make sure I had voted so that I wouldn't get penalty votes the next day. As I said earlier in D1, Brian was the person whom I suspected the most due to his non-committal posts regarding Gregory. I didn't really suspect anyone, but Brian was more suspicious than you IMO, so I voted for him.

Are you implying that you think I'm town, or scum, in this post? I'm not sure.

Nope, I voted for Irene after the hammer. Since everyone voted for Irene, it doesn't really make any difference though.

Vote Count:

Ann Foster (StickFig) - 1 (Lady K)

Gregory McHenry (Lady K) - 1 (StickFig)

Less than 48 hours remain in this day. With 10 players left, it will take 6 votes to lynch.

Edited by Bob

I'm going to Vote: Eugene Bryant (Dannylonglegs) because he seems very confident he knows what the SK did or didn't do last night.

IMG_3427.jpg.png

It's nearly midday, and the town is talking amongst themselves on who could possibly be scum. The bodies of Pamela Cooper and Ace Brickman lay behind them, untouched due to the lack of any town officials left to move them. Somebody had put flowers next to the body of Pamela. It was probably the scum, sick bastards.

IMG_3428.jpg.png

Suddenly, the host appears behind them! It's Bob! The townspeople raise their hands in surprise at his sudden pop into existence.

IMG_3429.jpg.png

"Hello players!" he says, waving. "I'm just here to make sure you're all following the rules! The rules are very important, specifically the one about editing!"

IMG_3430.jpg.png

When suddenly, WHAM! He's hit by a distracted motorist traveling through the town.

IMG_3431.jpg.png

The Host (Bob) lies face down on the road, dead.

"Oops." she says. "I didn't see him. It was his fault anyway, he shouldn't have randomly materialized in the middle of the road."

IMG_3432.jpg.png

The Mayor leans up after checking his body for clues.

"Well, I can't really determine anything about his alignment, so I'm going to have to classify him as a Neutral player with no alignment. It would appear he was mod-killed for breaking the rules."

Hmmm....this is rather interesting, especially since the weapon used was the same one that was used by the killer of both Shirley and Pamela.

Your insistence on voting for Ace yesterday, makes me suspicious then. Is it possible that you were hoping for an easy town lynch and using the guise of "I've already voted for him the past two days."

It's not a whole lot to go on, but if you had found a sympathetic someone to vote with you on Ace, then Russel could possibly have avoided the lynch (although I can't say I know how those situations work) and Ace, someone who very likely had a PR (otherwise I don't see why scum would have killed him), would have been lynched instead.