Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 12

Murder on the Emerald Express

Chapter 12: A Night in the Mill

The group has discovered the corpses of two individuals in the mill, as well as the discarded murder weapon. While no one is fond of the idea to stay the night within the old wooden mill, they have decided that it's much safer than travelling through the forest at night -or is it?

One or more of the group hides a sinister secret, believed to be part of an evil Town Council. Will he/she attempt to thwart the efforts of the group to escape the strange town of Willoughby? Unlock the mysteries in Chapter 12 of Murder on the Emerald Express, A Night in the Mill.

I wonder if Elizabeth Rose Thornton is an anagram... :look:

O, Heartthrobs Inlet Zone!

*wants to sleep with Arin on one side and Jimbee on the other*

I don't think that's it. My specialty is puzzles. I'll work on this anagram.

I don't think that's it. My specialty is puzzles. I'll work on this anagram.

Could I help, Herman? I sure do like a good puzzle, and I'm good with words :sweet:

*Whisper*I'm also good with you, too*Whisper*

Could I help, Herman? I sure do like a good puzzle, and I'm good with words :sweet:

*Whisper*I'm also good with you, too*Whisper*

Lay off. :angry: Herman's my special friend, isn't that right buddy? :sweet:

So, um, what exactly are we doing now? Are we sleeping, playing cards, or what?

Lay off. :angry: Herman's my special friend, isn't that right buddy? :sweet:

So, um, what exactly are we doing now? Are we sleeping, playing cards, or what?

I'm a woman :wink:

A big, beefy, trucker-woman... do truckers count as human? Hmmm...

*Drifts off into deep-thought*

I'm not clever enough to have a point. I'm a trucker, remember? :sadnew::tongue:

Honestly, Mark, you need to see a doctor, I think. It's all in your head, all in your head :laugh:

The group creates a makeshift sleeping area in the center of the large 2nd floor room. Using wood for pillows and sawdust for bedding, it provides a very uncomfortable place in which to rest, but still the desire to sleep is overwhelming.

The agreement between the group is that a few would take shifts staying awake to watch the others.

The order of volunteers is 1) Max, 2) Steve Thomas, 3) Pete Smith, 4) Lorraine, and 5) Grill n' George.

For those of you participating, please send me a private message (PM) with your "Night Move". Please call the PM "Mill Move" providing the specific time of your action (between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am) and what you will attempt to do during the night. These actions may or may not be successful depending on the other moves. No one may stay up the entire night, if you try to do this. If I don't hear from you, I may "write-in" your action or assume you slept the whole night through.

Good night John Boy... :devil:

:sweet:

Not to worry, everyone, I brought inflatable beds in my pockets. That's right, a full size bed can be folded down the the size of a matchbox.

Did anyone else notice that apparently someone is going to die tonight? Alex's index thingy told me.

Did anyone else notice that apparently someone is going to die tonight? Alex's index thingy told me.

Yes, this place has a haunting vibe to it. I'll sure be sleeping with my gun under my pillow.

And I'll have my axe in hand at all times.

Yes, this place has a haunting vibe to it. I'll sure be sleeping with my gun under my pillow.
And I'll have my axe in hand at all times.

An' I'll have these here guns! *shows off muscles*

Heh, anyway, good night fellas, I'm feelin' a might bit tired, so I reckon I'll catch some shuteye.

So, should the guards, or all of us be planning what to do in the night currently?

So, should the guards, or all of us be planning what to do in the night currently?

I believe it's just the guards, the rest of us are asleep. :wink:

Now shut up and go to bed!

Oh man, I'm getting tired, *yawns* just remember to wake me up when its my turn to watch. :wink:

Now shut up and go to bed!

Agreed! I'm tryin' ta get some shuteye here! I don't mean ta be rude but this is the one time ya don't wanna see me!

The sunlight begins to shine through the mill windows waking everyone up from a rather sleepless night. There was a lot of activity during the night.

11:00 Max begins his shift by stretching his arms wide then waving them in the air like a gorilla. He jumps over to a sleeping Greaseman, pats him on the elbow, then goes over to Eleanor asking for her socks. She slaps him before turning around and going back to sleep.

11:45 Mark Williams slinks out of bed toward the stairs to be caught by Max. "What are you doing there"? Max asks. Mark confesses that he was planning to build a trap to help guard the sleeping party. Unsuccesful, Mark goes back to bed.

12:30 Steve Thomas is awaken by Max for a shift change. Max goes to sleep, and Steve begins his "walk-about" the mill.

1:00 Herman wakes up to spy on Jethro. Jethro is sound asleep though, so Herman just lies on the ground watching him snore, until falling asleep himself.

2:00 Steve Thomas returns from his "walk-about" to wake up Pete Smith for a shift change. While Steve begins shaking Pete to get him up, Schmelt wakes up and taps Arin on her shoulder. Shmelt whispers to her, "I have grits and cranberry vodka with me for a midnight picnic if my darling would like to partake". Arin turns around closing her eyes to say, "not know honey, I have a headache". Pete wakes and looks at a red-faced Schmelt, before Schmelt decides to just "quit while he's ahead".

2:03 Pete decides to have some fun and just begins sitting on as many sleeping faces as he can.

2:16 After the others have returned to sleep, someone sneaks up behind Pete placing a rope around his neck. He feels the strangulation as he falls to the ground unconscious...

2:16 - 3:00 Max, Steve Thomas, Mayor Brown, Eleanor, Hans, and Scruffy all sleeping near one another, awake to extreme pain. :oh: With their necks bleeding, one or more persons have attempted to cut their throats. Hans and Scruffy fall back to the floor where they now lay dead. Everyone wakes up looking around the room. A wood knife is found on the ground near Grill'n George, a small saw blade near David, and a sharp chissel near Arin. Max and Mayor Brown sustain 2 Life Point Damage. Steve and Eleanor receive 3 Life Point Damage. All of them are holding their necks while bleeding profusely.

3:33 Greaseman decides to leave the area to look around the mill. He comes back with something large in his pocket. Schmelt asks, "is that a dynamite detonator in your pocket, or are you just happy to see us"?

3:45 Lorraine walks over to the window, looks outside, and begins yodeling the tune to the Ricola commercial. She then pulls out a sharpie from her pocket looking at Mark. "I was planning to draw a black mustache on your face for snuggling up to Herman, but then all this crap had to happen", she says angrily. :angry:

4:00 Arin says, "well, I was planning on heating some water to put Austin's finger in it, but then all this crap happened".

5:30 Austin says "I was planning to spy on Grill'n George, but I guess it doesn't matter anymore".

Pete awakens but has suffered two life points damage. :wacko: "What the hell happened"? he asks.

I was so exhausted last night, and I was sleeping like a dead log... :hmpf_bad:

My back is feeling aching...

Blast, I didn't get to Sharpie-Stache Mark!

What am I going to do with this permanent marker, stain-all, impossible-to-wash-out Sharpie now? What fun could I possibly get out of it? :tongue:

I think we need to interrogate the 3 who had weapons near them.

*Lorraine closes in, an evil smile on her face, and Sharpie raised...*

Now... 'fess up :devil:

(Please note the above is what's known as "Pulling an Eleanor" xD)

Edited by AwesomeStar

Argh, my neck, my precious neck! I only have this one, I can afford to lose it! :sad_cry:

Now 'fess up, which one of you sons of bi*cough* did it? *Cough* :angry:

Oh, the mutt and the whatshisface are dead. Too bad, but I'm more concerned about my neck!

I... feel dizzy... and... *cough* it's hard to... breathe.... *starts hyperventilating*

Well that was one hell of a night. I can't believe I didn't get injured or killed. That wooden knife was for protection....

I slept all night, sorry about that. The pain was too much from that stupid branch. :hmpf_bad:

And another one of us dead... and Scruffy. :sadnew:

At this point, I think we'd better move on. Wasn't there one path that we didn't explore yet?