Sign in to follow this  
ShaydDeGrai

[MOC] Summoning an Air Elemental

The ancient runes inscribed in the white marble of the Temple of Air resonated with deep magic. Rising like a vortex from the summoning circle, the Air Elemental answered the call...

13882815245_21637dc715.jpg

Ever since reading The DaVinci Code, I've been looking for an excuse to try building an ambigram (text that reads the same right-side up or up-side down) in LEGO. This seemed like as good as an excuse as any, and you'll notice the symmetric "runes" on the back wall form the word "AIR" in calligraphy script (even if you're reading this on a tablet and have the display upside down).

13881994444_99b22a036a.jpg

The Air Elemental itself is made of clear 1x2 plates, 1x1 round plates, cheese wedges and a few white 1x1 round plate (just to accent the spiral). It's terribly fragile but catches the light nicely.

13881654493_de909dddbc.jpg

The other "runes" built into the base are the alchemical symbol for the element of Air. It seemed appropriate and had the added bonus of being pretty easy to build after scrapping a dozen different versions of the ambigram from the back wall...

13881993054_02f3334f09.jpg

I'm the first to admit I'm not a great photographer (Lego or otherwise) but I hope these shots were good enough to get the gist across.

Thanks for stopping by.

Amazing work! The elemental is wonderfully crafted, though I imagine it was very frustrating to build!

Very neat! I like the idea of an ambigram. I hadn't thought of that term before.

You definitely pulled it off. It definitely helps a story along with pictures and an interesting creation such as this.

Keep up the great work!

Fantastic build. Great job on the runes. The Air Elemental is incredible as well.