Siercon and Coral

SoF: Spinel Fox - The Pink Faerie Fox

The pink Faerie Fox.

An enchanted creature of lore said to be glowing with the hearts and hopes of mankind. Also known as the ninetails or the Faerie Fox.

7476512488_b0a9ec6dda.jpg

This was built for the Friends contest on Eurobricks.

Also as part of our continued Faeire Forest in Avalonia.

7476511908_599947e623.jpg

Hope ya like it :D

you guys certainly have a knack for building beautiful creatures and this one is no exception!

Is it fully pose able?

That is just gorgeous, although I think I may gag from all the pink. :tongue:

I've already commented on Flickr and CC but this totally deserves another comment!

Every time I look at it I see another cool detail, the space parts on the bottom of the Fox's neck stood out to me this time :thumbup:

And the pink slopes for the ears work so effectively! Truly incredible :wub:

*oh2* wow this fox is filled with NPU from the Toa Mata eyes (Do you build Bionicle), the islander fan hair piece, and lots of pieces I can't name. Even though its pink it somehow looks badass.

Edit: I just saw minifig legs, kopaka phantoka's armor, and what looks to be a train piece on the neck.

You are the Master of NPU

Edited by turtleman2020

It's a beauty again! I really like the tails although you've used that technic allready. And as always there is a load of great parts usage like the bionicle parts used for the feet and the minifigs legs in the legs and so on! :thumbup:

Wow! It´s beautiful! :classic: Is the tails sturdy and posable? Love how nice the pink looks with the black background! :thumbup:

Nine-Tails eh....Naruto inspired?

As usual it looks great! It's always nice to see unusual colour combinations. :thumbup:

You've certainly kicked off entries for the contests with a bang! :laugh:

This is certainly a fiesta of pink, and the combination of shades of pink with white on a black background is dramatic and quite lovely. It makes me think of the Final Fantasy series quite a bit.

Aside from the colours, this is an ingenious and inventive use of LEGO parts to create a really magical creature. :thumbup:

It's so precious! Great work with making it look organic. SoF used to mean "Soldier of Fortune" to me, now it means Summer of Friends!!

Ah! I just geeked all over this!

you guys certainly have a knack for building beautiful creatures and this one is no exception!

Is it fully pose able?

Thanks! His limbs are all posable, they cannot rotate outward, but all 'bicycle' motion is possible.

*oh2* wow this fox is filled with NPU from the Toa Mata eyes (Do you build Bionicle), the islander fan hair piece, and lots of pieces I can't name. Even though its pink it somehow looks badass.

Edit: I just saw minifig legs, kopaka phantoka's armor, and what looks to be a train piece on the neck.

You are the Master of NPU

Thanks a ton, we dont build often with just bionicle, but we often (especially in creatures) use bionicle elements to augment or give strength. So not really, but all the time lol.

That is amazing... *oh2*. How did you get so much pink?

We were given a rare PaB gift when one of our stores took down their Friends displays. And it was my birthday (but they didnt know that lol)

Wow! It´s beautiful! :classic: Is the tails sturdy and posable? Love how nice the pink looks with the black background! :thumbup:

The tail specifically can easily droop. the individual curves are perfectly posable but it's maybe 3 studs too long or 2 plates too narrow at the tail base to fully be 'posable'. But the technique is typically very strong. This one just needs to be slightly more balance or the tail will fall slightly horizontal (which honestly is ok.. just wanted it to fit into a 32x32) And we ran out of 1x2 pink plates lol. ;P

Nine-Tails eh....Naruto inspired?

As usual it looks great! It's always nice to see unusual colour combinations. :thumbup:

That and the pokemon ninetails were most definitely in my mind when building this :) Thanks!

You've certainly kicked off entries for the contests with a bang! :laugh:

This is certainly a fiesta of pink, and the combination of shades of pink with white on a black background is dramatic and quite lovely. It makes me think of the Final Fantasy series quite a bit.

Aside from the colours, this is an ingenious and inventive use of LEGO parts to create a really magical creature. :thumbup:

Thanks so much! We are big fans of many of the final fantasy games :)

Thanks so much everyone!!

Sincerely Sean & Steph

Haha, ahhh, you bring the awesome yet again! :sweet: Amazing sculpting on this, and very well timed with the freinds theme going on on EB. The head and paws are just brilliant, and the whole thing is so imaginitive! You certainly raise the bar on brick built animals. :thumbup:

Gorgeous!!! I love the tails done in the technique that you've used for flowers in the past. All that pink, wow, really eye-catching.

Your creatures are always stunning, even mythical!!! Every single brick fits perfectly :classic:

*oh2*

As a huge fan of Okami, I cannot even begin to tell you how much I adore this thing.

The flame-like aesthetic of the tails, the usage of the S6 Space Girl's torso for the eyes, the way you've used pink elements without it ending up looking gaudy or excessive; everything is simply beautiful. :cry_happy:

In fact, I almost feel ashamed to be in it's presence, and I'm only looking at a computer screen! :grin:

Bluebeard, out-

Beautiful fox. Love the tail especially, but the face is also awesome! :thumbup:

Amazing, very impressive indeed. It can be so complex to figure what parts to use to make creatures,robots etc.