TalonCard

A Guide to the Pirates Minifigures - Part II - The Soldiers

Ahoy again!

080107-article_promo.jpg

After the success of the the part I bring you Part II of my highly entertaining Guide to the Pirate Mini-figures.

Part II delves into the hectic lives of the soldiers who strive to keep the cantankerous pirates at bay.

a_guide_to_the_pirate_minifigures-part_ii.pdf

Now tell us what you think!

Nice! If you're still looking for those ''jobs'', maybe i can help... *sweet*

Very nice! Informative and amusing. The graphics look good too! *y*

Found it very fun and informative, thanks! Ill have to search for part 1 and give it a read too

The Soliders? X-D

Spell error has been corrected. Actually it was corrected on one of the page which I assumed would mistakenly update all pages - silly me, wrong program. Although it was my first using InDesign so there was a bit of a learning curve.

Nice! If you're still looking for those ''jobs'', maybe i can help... *sweet*

Always looking for help, what skills do you have?

If you need redcoat pictures, I can help there. I'm one of those wonderful shako nuts you mentioned |-/

Pictures would be a wonderful thing! Providing your camera is decent. I think we need to rise above those grainy catalogue cans for future articles.

Always looking for help, what skills do you have?

Hmm...image editor fits the best with me, but what does a desktop publisher?

A desktop publisher is a program that allows users to arrange text and graphics on screen for print. Like a Word Processor only more flexible when it comes to the layout.

Examples of desktop publishers include:

Microsoft Publisher

Abode InDesign

Quark Xpress

Thank you for explaning, Mister Phes!

A jolly damned good read wot wot!

That was far more entertaining than the Gazette lying in the officer's dorm on the pirates. :-P

I always remember how wonderful the soldiers looked when I first saw them, they were so obviously the good guys and in all the time I played with pirates and soldiers as a child I always favoured the later.

Where is Part I

On top of the pirate forum, you'll find a pinned thread called "Indexes - Libraries - Tutorials - Reviews".

It contains links to all the interesting stuff including part I.

Thanks for all the kind words, mates! Er, no offense meant about the shakos. ;) Mr. Phes's graphics are absolutely wonderful--I just saw them on my school computer, and they look amazing! (BTW, I love the classic "feak out" pose of the trooper in the first post! ;) ) I'm looking forward to Guard pictures--I have a few amusing ones, but my Imperial Guards collection is actually looking kind of sad right now. :(

TC

Edited by TalonCard

None of this wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you Mr TalonCard so give yourself a rather lengthy pat on the back.

I'm not sure why pats on the back are supposed to be a sign of reward, but anyway...

I would but unfortunatly i cant seem to download or view it

That's strange. What version of Adobe Reader do you have? Try right clicking the link and going save target as to save the file to your computer. If that doesn't work, PM me.

Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

the problem is not the Acrobat reader version, I tried to download it too and I had a 404 error.

" The requested URL /archive/articles/docs/a_guide_to_the_pirate_minifigures-part_ii.pdf was not found on this server."

It looks like the files were lost when Classic-Pirates had some down-time last month.

I've re-uploaded them now, so everything should be fine :pir-classic:

It works perfectly , thank you Slyowl the great mocman !