Kintobor

Heroica RPG- Quest #122: Invasion of the Sheep Snatchers

[banner Pending]

Four heroes heeded the call to assist the Sheep Tribe in defending their sheep from some unknown source atop the legendary Mount Ulysses, which some claimed to be tall enough to touch the sky. Those heroes are...

15776593006_d5e8922489_o.png Matthias the Carnival Crusader (StickFig) *Party Leader

22 Year Old Male Gnome

Level 17 Druid *Gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed* *Immune to Bound, Slowed*

Power: 36 (17 + 9 + 0 + 0 + 10)

Defense: 4 (0 + 4 + 0)

Health: 27/27 (6 + 16 + 7 + 0 - 2)

Ether: 17/17 (0 + 16 + 1 + 0 + 0)

Gold: 91

Equipment: :cannon: Restored Fireball Extraordinaire (WP: 9, hits enemies above and below target, Darkness and Electric Elemental, user is slowed), Hunter's Plate (SP: 4, wearers gains +10 gold for each humanoid kill, suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and beast warriors) (Dreyrugr), Winged Sandals (wearers is immune to bound and slowed, footwear)

Inventory: Peashooter (WP: 2, deals Burning: -2), Pongcanis Crossbow (WP: 8), Dapper Hat (Head wear, 1/6 chance to be encouraged at the beginning of battle), Ruby, 2x Elixir, Grand Potion, Grating Stone, Potion, 2x Red Death Blood (first target hit is doomed, consumable), 4x Remedy, 2x Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Magic Compass

lindmainbkphotoheadshotii.jpg

Lind Whisperer *Immune to Fire*

21-year-old male Human of the Munchkin tribe

Class: Rogue

Level: 15.5

Power Bonus: +3

Defense: 4

Health: 35/35 (7+14+4+9)

Gold: 2

Glory Points: 14

Equipment: Anniversary Medal (+3 Health, +3 Power, +3 SP, +3 Ether, Immune to Fire; accessory, suitable for anyone), Akrone Fez (Artefact; SP: 1, Max. Health: +1, Headwear, suitable for anyone), Ethereal Deck (WP:7, throwing weapon)

Inventory:

• Mugger's Mask (Protects from loss of gold from gold stealing enemies, headwear.), Trickster's Mask of the Human (suitable for anyone, changes users appearance into a human of the same gender, accessory),

• Bedroll, Shovel

• Venom, Mead x2, Potion x4, Remedy, Bone, Phoenix Essence

Newspaper with Picture of Lupine (Quest/role-playing item), Alfendi's Cape, Alfendi Lupine's Blank Calling Cards

Decamon Deck: Tweetybird (Flying 1), Mud Frog (Rock 2)

15605732077_bd60270f70_t.jpg

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)

180 Years Old Female Elven Mystic Knight

Level 18 *Immune to Fire and Fragile, Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, Stunned*

Power: 42 (Level 18 + WP 20 + 4 Bonus #102)

Defense: 13 (5 + 3 + 5)

Health: 27/27 (Base 5 + 17 Levels + 7 Health Bonus - 2 Penalty #102)

Ether: 26/26 (Base 5 + 17 Levels + 4 Bonus #102)

Gold: 163 (Owes Karie 25 gold)

GP: 6

Equipment: Zelphie's Staff (WP: 20, cannot be imbued with elements, damages undead), Blue Hand Shield (SP:5, immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to Fragile, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators), Aventine's Tricorne (SP: 3, Immunity to Fire),

Inventory:

Equipment: Lullaby Wand (WP:8, Sleep effect), Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Chaotic Whip (WP: 5, Light and Darkness Elemental), Thorny Rose (WP: 17,wood-elemental, deals the Poisoned by 3 effect, mace), Crescent Shield (SP: 7, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides Nimble Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torsowear), Ruby (Fire), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Confusion

Consumables: 2 Potions, 11 Grand Tonics, Remedy, Tiger Balm, Mead, Ambrosia, 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Raw Sushi (Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether when consumed), 2 Tasty Pretzels (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Tinyshroom, Level Up Mushroom, Bone

Decamon Deck: Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Barghest (Electric 2), Automaton (Electric 5)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

0d825d83-ba7e-453f-b4cc-22d12430c2fe_zps0b0c6c04.jpg Siercon (Siercon and Coral)

Male, Age and species unknown (Visual appearance of hollow black smoke in human form.)

Level 16.0 Battlemage (Darkness to all Attacks; Immune to Darkness, Asleep)

Power: 33 (16 levels + WP 17)

Spell Power: 43 (Magicians Gloves +10)

Defense: 5 (Dark Phibbian Cloak +5)

Health: 25/25 (5 base + 14 lvl + 5 class)

Ether: 21/21 (5 base + 14 lvl + 1 class)

Gold: 9 (owed 100 by Purpearl)

Equipment:

-Giant Spear (WP:17, causes Bleeding, Hollow upgrade [Potion Stored])

-Dark Phibbian Cloak (SP:5, Adds Darkness-element to attacks and protects from darkness, suitable for magic users, body wear, Immune to Sleep,)

-Magicians Gloves (Spellpower +10, Artifact, Hand Wear)

Gems: Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Ruby (Fire), Emerald (Wood)

Bombs: Cataclysm Bomb 200 (200 damage to all enemies with all elements [except darkness], ignores row and SP), Muddy Bomb (deals blinded and poisoned by 3 to all foes),Confuse Bomb (Deals 5 damage and the confused-effect to all opponents), 5x Bone (Distracts monster for 1 turn when thrown)

Consumables: 7 Potions, 3 Remedies

Inventory: Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk), Sanctified Rito Spear, (WP:4, doubled against Flying enemies, Hollow upgrade [ ____ Stored])

Tools: Magic Compass, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

After a long and relatively boring but cold walk on the open road, and having travelled through R'kilf, Ve'er, and Shelbric, the party came to the beginning of the Mt. Ulysses Trail. Looking up, the party could see the trail spiral up the mountain, leading to what looked like a small village. A large wooden structure marked the beginning of the hike up the mountain, while a wooden sign sat nestled in a patch of snow. A fluffy white owl nestled on a rock, eyeing the party occasionally before hooting to no one in particular.

16140211048_a681b476cd_o.jpg

QM Note: Hey guys! Welcome to Invasion of the Sheep Snatchers. Check your stats and make sure they're alright, if not, let me know. I think you guys know the drill by now, but if you want to check something out, just bold it. Let's get started!

:classic:

Edited by Kintobor

OoC: A brief list of stat changes, from Lind going Black Knight:

New character pic:lindmainbkphotoheadshotii.jpg

Health: 35/35 (7+15+4+9)

And, he shouldn't be carrying his Darker Ethereal Deck, since he left it with Germ as collateral.

The Black Knight began to silently investigate(in order), the Mushroom, the flag(to see if it could be used as a weapon), and the shield hanging over the archway(If the part is just a decoration, than ignore that last action). He did not begin any conversation with the rest of the party; since they had left Eubric, the Black Knight had barely spoken more than a score of words, and even then, they were only spoken to shop and innkeepers, people with whom conversation could not be avoided unless one wished to go without food or shelter.

The Black Knight began to silently investigate(in order), the Mushroom, the flag(to see if it could be used as a weapon), and the shield hanging over the archway(If the part is just a decoration, than ignore that last action). He did not begin any conversation with the rest of the party; since they had left Eubric, the Black Knight had barely spoken more than a score of words, and even then, they were only spoken to shop and innkeepers, people with whom conversation could not be avoided unless one wished to go without food or shelter.

Beginning with the mushroom, Lind doesn't find anything out of the ordinary about it. It's just a plain old, somewhat oversized mushroom. Noticing the flag, Lind can see multiple others like it dotting the path. The flags seemed to mark the trail up the mountain. Looking at the shield, it seems worn and old, as if it was hung along time ago. Even if Lind wanted it, he couldn't possibly reach it. Some runic scriptures seem to have been carved into the shield, although without any knowledge in the runes, Lind can't read what they say.

Beginning with the mushroom, Lind doesn't find anything out of the ordinary about it. It's just a plain old, somewhat oversized mushroom. Noticing the flag, Lind can see multiple others like it dotting the path. The flags seemed to mark the trail up the mountain. Looking at the shield, it seems worn and old, as if it was hung along time ago. Even if Lind wanted it, he couldn't possibly reach it. Some runic scriptures seem to have been carved into the shield, although without any knowledge in the runes, Lind can't read what they say.

Having met no success in his looting attempts, the Black Knight investigated the sign. He then quietly turned, and spoke to the rest of the party.

"Perhaps, the Battle Mage should put on his cowl, and talk to the owl, to see if it has anything to say?"

Siercon walked up. "Hello everyone" Looking at Lind, he continued. "I see you've been training. Good."

OoC: Siercon always has the hood on, but has to turn the effect on and off due to the artifact rule... but ascetically, he always has the cowl on ;)

Taking his shovel he digs around the half buried sign. He was both looking for items as well as slowly uncovering the sign to see what it said.

'removing' his gloves he dawns on his hood, and listens while he digs. He hoped to catch what the owl was saying before revealing that he could understand, or reply back.

OoC: Everything looks good for me :) Also I'm good with keeping up with posting, but if for some reason if I miss a day or so in the next ten days please understand. Especially around 30/31st when this building month ends.... O.O + :D

Edited by Siercon and Coral

Some runic scriptures seem to have been carved into the shield, although without any knowledge in the runes, Lind can't read what they say.

After examining the sign, the Black Knight turned and tried to copy the signs down onto a piece of paper*.

*OoC: If they are big enough for him to be able to read them. Also, if having him use paper he's carrying in RP is pushing the rules too much, than I take back the action.

Taking his shovel he digs around the half buried sign. He was both looking for items as well as slowly uncovering the sign to see what it said.

'removing' his gloves he dawns on his hood, and listens while he digs. He hoped to catch what the owl was saying before revealing that he could understand, or reply back.

Taking his shovel in hand, Siercon digs around the sign, not realizing that the signs board was indeed showing. Perhaps his hood was down to low? Much to his dismay, he finds nothing in the snow worth any value. Siercon then takes to reading the sign.

--Mt. Ulysses Trail Begins Here--

Those heading to the town of Hoogan or the spire of Mt. Ulysses, continue along the path.

-This sign was brought to you by the Sign Brothers

After reading the sign, Siercon begins to listen in on the snowy owls curious monologues.

heroicaquest100-snowyowl.jpg

"Hoo... Hooo..... Hooooo... <Hmmm.... armoured warriors... haven't seen their sort in a long time... wonder where they're from... should I ask them?... maybe they can't hear me...>"

After examining the sign, the Black Knight turned and tried to copy the signs down onto a piece of paper*.

Lind squints his eyes and tries to make out the runes while copying them on a piece of paper... but it seems like they're too nuanced and detailed to fully replicate. Perhaps he could find out more about the shield in the village of Hoogan?

"Good to see everyone again. I hope everyone had a good rest after our short run into the Fields." Purpearl nods as she wipes some random snow off her armour. Before proceeding any further, Purpearl pulls out her Magnifying Glass and investigates the path ahead for any traps. "Are we supposed to meet anyone here? If not I suggest we make a move and follow the trail once everyone is ready."

"...If not I suggest we make a move and follow the trail once everyone is ready."

The Black Knight stepped closer, and spoke softly, without emotion.

"The circumstances in the description of this particular quest are of especial interest. In the event that this owl may be able to share some information before we pass the threshold of no return, we are questioning him.

As the terrain around here is rather barren, and ripe for a potential ambush, shall we repeat the previous trade we made in the fields, you equipping my Medal of Glory, while I equip your Tricorn, Chaotic Whip, and Elven Tunic, with the addition this time of the Crescent Shield?"

After having made this request, the Black Knight turned to the mage.

"Try asking him if he's seen anything...strange, around this mountain. If there was anything to see, it might have been spaced at intervals of fourteen days. Odd lights, strange...birds, people - anything out of the usual."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Having observed the three other heroes for a moment from around a bend in the road, Matthias approaches as quietly as a gnome carrying a very large cannon can, doing his best to project an aura of strength, leadership, and confidence. Addressing the owl, he says "When last did you see armored warriors, friend hunter? And what other things of note might you have seen lately?"

Turning to Whisperer, he says with a wink, "Master Lind, I am perfectly capable of speaking to the owl on my own." The gnome raises his eyes to the two others, and asks, "Should we proceed to the village, or is there anything else we should investigate here?"

Edited by StickFig

The Black Knight stepped closer, and spoke softly, without emotion.

"The circumstances in the description of this particular quest are of especial interest. In the event that this owl may be able to share some information before we pass the threshold of no return, we are questioning him.

As the terrain around here is rather barren, and ripe for a potential ambush, shall we repeat the previous trade we made in the fields, you equipping my Medal of Glory, while I equip your Tricorn, Chaotic Whip, and Elven Tunic, with the addition this time of the Crescent Shield?"

"Any information would be great." says Purpearl as she hands over the Tricorne, Chaotic Whip, Elven Tunic and the Crescent Shield before equipping the Anniversary Medal. "Just a word on that shield, it belongs to another Hero. Please refrain from resting it on the ground, or lending it to someone else. Won't be nice if the owner sees it all soiled and scratched up."

The gnome raises his eyes to the two others, and asks, "Should we proceed to the village, or is there anything else we should investigate here?"

"Right after making sure there aren't any traps ahead."

Turning to Whisperer, he says with a wink, "Master Lind, I am perfectly capable of speaking to the owl on my own."

The Black Knight acknowledged the gnome's arrival on the scene.

"I must express my joy at being ranked under such stalwart leadership thus far, Party Leader. There are very few things as inspiring to an army as a leader that leads from the rear."

"Any information would be great." says Purpearl as she hands over the Tricorne, Chaotic Whip, Elven Tunic and the Crescent Shield before equipping the Anniversary Medal. "Just a word on that shield, it belongs to another Hero. Please refrain from resting it on the ground, or lending it to someone else. Won't be nice if the owner sees it all soiled and scratched up."

The Black Knight bowed. "I will treat this shield with a comparable level of care as to that which I would extend to a first-born child." He calmly slid the Tunic over his head and coiled the Whip at his side*.

*And equipped the Tricorne.

Gnome eyes roll under the brim of a tall top hat. "What would you know about armies, 'Grey Foxer'? I don't seem to remember battle royale being among your long list of qualifications and experience. Lady Purpearl and I have stood between two armies, fought and died to preserve peace. Have you?"

Softening his tone a little, Matthias continues, "Stalwart Heroes are we all, but we are no army. Once I have wrung every scrap of information from this raptor, we'll head to the village."

Edited by StickFig

Gnome eyes roll under the brim of a tall top hat. "What would you know about armies, 'Grey Foxer'? I don't seem to remember battle royale being among your long list of qualifications and experience. Lady Purpearl and I have stood between two armies, fought and died to preserve peace. Have you?"

The Black Knight looked at him coldly. "What do I know about armies? I know that no army ever could preserve peace - and rare is it that an army can make it.

I am here because peace is kept not by the many, but by the one standing alone with the knowledge to keep it. A secret is our peace, and our peace is a secret."

Siercon put his gloves back on. It was a little chilly, and he figured he let the ranger born do the owl talking. As for the others and their conversation of peace and war... well, perhaps he'd join in another time...

"I know that no army ever could preserve peace - and rare is it that an army can make it. I am here because peace is kept not by the many, but by the one standing alone with the knowledge to keep it. A secret is our peace, and our peace is a secret."

Matthias is dumbstruck... What is this guy talking about?

"Good to see everyone again. I hope everyone had a good rest after our short run into the Fields." Purpearl nods as she wipes some random snow off her armour. Before proceeding any further, Purpearl pulls out her Magnifying Glass and investigates the path ahead for any traps. "Are we supposed to meet anyone here? If not I suggest we make a move and follow the trail once everyone is ready."

Looking up the trail, Purpearl doesn't see any traps present, but of course perhaps one was further up the trail.

Having observed the three other heroes for a moment from around a bend in the road, Matthias approaches as quietly as a gnome carrying a very large cannon can, doing his best to project an aura of strength, leadership, and confidence. Addressing the owl, he says "When last did you see armored warriors, friend hunter? And what other things of note might you have seen lately?"

Upon listening to Lind, the owl seems to get somewhat excited, as it shifts on the rock it had rested on and began flapping its wings before speaking to Matthais.

"Hooo-hoo! Hooooo, hoooot! Hooot, hooo, hoot! <Oh, you can hear me? I was worried I might be stuck here without anyone to talk to. I go by many names, but Wise Old Owl seems to be the one most people call me, but my full name is Owlowiscious. Oh, well it has been many a season since I've seen men armoured in such splendid armour, and although I do fly around the mountain and see many things, the last time men of your calibre of strength came here... oh my, it must have been thirty moons ago, eh wot.

Now, as for individuals going up the trail, the Hinckwell cart has already come back down, yes that was yesterday... oh, yes! There was that one cart that trundled up the mountain! Three men from Hoogan were on it with an empty cart. I believe they sell sheep's wool in Shelbric on occasion, and they were heading back up about an hour ago. They should be back in Hoogan already, but why are you heading to the Sheep Tribe's village? Unless... oh, you've been hired to deal with them.

Now then, I don't think I got your name, young master gnome, do you mind sharing it with me?>"

QM Note: I see no Medal of Glory in your inventory, Lind, so I assume you mean the Anniversary Medal? Check your renewed stats, mainly Purple and Lind. I'll get you guys further down the trail either later today or tomorrow.

The Party

15776593006_d5e8922489_o.png Matthias the Carnival Crusader (StickFig) *Party Leader

22 Year Old Male Gnome

Level 17 Druid *Gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed* *Immune to Bound, Slowed*

Power: 36 (17 + 9 + 0 + 0 + 10)

Defense: 4 (0 + 4 + 0)

Health: 27/27 (6 + 16 + 7 + 0 - 2)

Ether: 17/17 (0 + 16 + 1 + 0 + 0)

Gold: 91

Equipment: :cannon: Restored Fireball Extraordinaire (WP: 9, hits enemies above and below target, Darkness and Electric Elemental, user is slowed), Hunter's Plate (SP: 4, wearers gains +10 gold for each humanoid kill, suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and beast warriors) (Dreyrugr), Winged Sandals (wearers is immune to bound and slowed, footwear)

Inventory: Peashooter (WP: 2, deals Burning: -2), Pongcanis Crossbow (WP: 8), Dapper Hat (Head wear, 1/6 chance to be encouraged at the beginning of battle), Ruby, 2x Elixir, Grand Potion, Grating Stone, Potion, 2x Red Death Blood (first target hit is doomed, consumable), 4x Remedy, 2x Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Magic Compass

lindmainbkphotoheadshotii.jpg

Lind Whisperer *Immune to Fire* *Nimble*

21-year-old male Human of the Munchkin tribe

Class: Rogue

Power Bonus:

Defense: 10

Health: 35/35 (7+14+4+9)

Gold: 2

Glory Points: 14

Equipment: Chaotic Whip (WP: 5, Light and Darkness Elemental), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides Nimble Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torsowear), Aventine's Tricorne (SP: 3, Immunity to Fire), Crescent Shield (SP: 7, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield)

Inventory:

• Mugger's Mask (Protects from loss of gold from gold stealing enemies, headwear.), Trickster's Mask of the Human (suitable for anyone, changes users appearance into a human of the same gender, accessory),Akrone Fez (Artefact; SP: 1, Max. Health: +1, Headwear, suitable for anyone), Ethereal Deck (WP:7, throwing weapon)

• Bedroll, Shovel

• Venom, Mead x2, Potion x4, Remedy, Bone, Phoenix Essence

Newspaper with Picture of Lupine (Quest/role-playing item), Alfendi's Cape, Alfendi Lupine's Blank Calling Cards

Decamon Deck: Tweetybird (Flying 1), Mud Frog (Rock 2)

15605732077_bd60270f70_t.jpg

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)

180 Years Old Female Elven Mystic Knight

Level 18 *Immune to Fire and Fragile, Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, Stunned*

Power: 45 (Level 18 + WP 20 + 3 A. Medal +4 Bonus #102)

Defense: 13 (5 + 3 + 5)

Health: 28/28 (Base 5 + 17 Levels + 7 Health Bonus +3 A. Medal - 2 Penalty #102)

Ether: 29/29 (Base 5 + 17 Levels + 3 A. Medal + 4 Bonus #102)

Gold: 163 (Owes Karie 25 gold)

GP: 6

Equipment: Zelphie's Staff (WP: 20, cannot be imbued with elements, damages undead), Blue Hand Shield (SP:5, immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to Fragile, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators), Anniversary Medal (SP: +3, Max. Health +3, Power +3, Max. Ether +3, immunity to fire, the medals stats will increase by 1 every anniversary, accessory)

Inventory:

Equipment: Lullaby Wand (WP:8, Sleep effect), Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Thorny Rose (WP: 17,wood-elemental, deals the Poisoned by 3 effect, mace), , Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Ruby (Fire), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Scroll of Confusion

Consumables: 2 Potions, 11 Grand Tonics, Remedy, Tiger Balm, Mead, Ambrosia, 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Raw Sushi (Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether when consumed), 2 Tasty Pretzels (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Tinyshroom, Level Up Mushroom, Bone

Decamon Deck: Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Barghest (Electric 2), Automaton (Electric 5)

Tools: Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

0d825d83-ba7e-453f-b4cc-22d12430c2fe_zps0b0c6c04.jpg Siercon (Siercon and Coral)

Male, Age and species unknown (Visual appearance of hollow black smoke in human form.)

Level 16.0 Battlemage (Darkness to all Attacks; Immune to Darkness, Asleep)

Power: 33 (16 levels + WP 17)

Spell Power: 43 (Magicians Gloves +10)

Defense: 5 (Dark Phibbian Cloak +5)

Health: 25/25 (5 base + 14 lvl + 5 class)

Ether: 21/21 (5 base + 14 lvl + 1 class)

Gold: 9 (owed 100 by Purpearl)

Equipment:

-Giant Spear (WP:17, causes Bleeding, Hollow upgrade [Potion Stored])

-Dark Phibbian Cloak (SP:5, Adds Darkness-element to attacks and protects from darkness, suitable for magic users, body wear, Immune to Sleep,)

-Magicians Gloves (Spellpower +10, Artifact, Hand Wear)

Gems: Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Ruby (Fire), Emerald (Wood)

Bombs: Cataclysm Bomb 200 (200 damage to all enemies with all elements [except darkness], ignores row and SP), Muddy Bomb (deals blinded and poisoned by 3 to all foes),Confuse Bomb (Deals 5 damage and the confused-effect to all opponents), 5x Bone (Distracts monster for 1 turn when thrown)

Consumables: 7 Potions, 3 Remedies

Inventory: Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk), Sanctified Rito Spear, (WP:4, doubled against Flying enemies, Hollow upgrade [ ____ Stored])

Tools: Magic Compass, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

Edited by Kintobor

QM Note: I see no Medal of Glory in your inventory, Lind, so I assume you mean the Anniversary Medal? Check your renewed stats, mainly Purple and Lind. I'll get you guys further down the trail either later today or tomorrow.

OoC :facepalm: Right, my bad. Everything else looks great!

To alleviate any confusion, when Matthias uses Animal Talk I color it green; characters without the Animal Talk trait won't understand those words. His normal speaking voice is an orangey brown.

Matthias tips his high hat to the owl. "Owlwiscious, peace to you. I am Matthias, of Heroica, and these are my ...friends, Lady Purpearl, Master Lind, and Master Siercon. We're investigating some disappearing sheep - and it might be related to them, as you say - who do you mean by them?" The gnome puts up a cheery front to the bird, but his inner monologue is anything but calm. Wonderful - a nebulous them to deal with. Maybe we'll get some more helpful information next. Not that I need help; I've already got a party member with delusions of grandeur, plus an elf with a violent streak and a strange mage I hardly know. Oh, and I've never been a leader before, and I hardly know how to be a druid. What could go wrong?

Turning to the party, the gnome sums up, "Well, our friendly neighborhood

is in a helpful mood today. The Wise Old Owl, as he's called, says that thirty moons ago was the last time a party like ours passed his post, and that two carts have passed him recently. Three days ago, an empty cart carrying three men from Hoogan came down and it went back up about an hour ago; a Hinckwell cart also came down yesterday." Edited by StickFig

"Well, our friendly neighborhood
is in a helpful mood today. The Wise Old Owl, as he's called, says that thirty moons ago was the last time a party like ours passed his post, and that two carts have passed him recently. Three days ago, an empty cart carrying three men from Hoogan came down and it went back up about an hour ago; a Hinckwell cart also came down yesterday."

The Black Knight stepped forward, and spoke to the owl directly. "A Hinckwell cart? What sort of dealings do they have in this area?"

Matthias tips his high hat to the owl. "Owlwiscious, peace to you. I am Matthias, of Heroica, and these are my ...friends, Lady Purpearl, Master Lind, and Master Siercon. We're investigating some disappearing sheep - and it might be related to them, as you say - who do you mean by them?"

"Hoot hoo! <I see. Hmm. To be most honest, I don't stick around to figure out who them are, but the sheep talk about them.>"

The Black Knight stepped forward, and spoke to the owl directly. "A Hinckwell cart? What sort of dealings do they have in this area?"

"Hooo." Lind couldn't understand the owl because he didn't speak owl.

Ignoring Whisperer's repeated rude interruptions to the gnome-owl conversation, Matthias continues, "Friend Owlowiscious, I apologize for my companion's jumpy enthusiasm, but he has a good question. Is the Hinckwell presence here normal? Are they here often, for some continuing interest? Or was this an isolated incident - and can you tell us about it?"

"Hoot hoot! <Oh, quite regularly. Usually a Hinckwell cart will trundle up the mountain twice a month and sell goods to the people of Hoogan that they can't get otherwise. It's good business sense to try and market to as many people as you can.

I should be off now, you know. I hope I don't have to repeat anything I said. Farewell, sir Matthais, and may our paths cross some other time!>" Owlowiscious flaps his wings and flies off, away from the mountain until he's out of sight.

The gnome tips his hat again as the owl takes flight and Matthias wonders for a brief moment what a rush the feeling of wind beneath one's feathers must be. The conversation concluded, he turns back to the group. "Master Lind, apparently the Hinckwells' merchants visit the village twice a month for trade. Aside from that, Wise Old Owl referenced a group - he just called them them - that he's heard the sheep talking about, so I'll keep my ears open once we arrive at the village. I'm ready to meet our employers, personally," he says as he heads up the path.