The Yellow Brick

WIP MOC - Lego City

indexed.gif Layout

Last year I started a topic showing my Lego City. However since then I have made a few changes to it.

It was previously placed on the carpet, which was incredibly bumpy and didn't really help as some of the baseplates were begining to mold into the shape of the carpet by the sun and the city it was also a great little town for spiders and bugs who loved to crawl into the buildings and die default_look.gif.

So not long ago we had a table made which at first I was quite worried that I wasn't going to get all of my town to fit on. But I managed to squash it on (you can see, because the train track is hanging off nearly). But I'm quite happy with the result, so here it is. my new table town.

5458945891_2f5803f889_z.jpg

5459551810_27b0abf046_z.jpg

5458946317_a138ef84c0_z.jpg

Now you may be wondering why is the beach empty. Well I can explain.

I'm still waiting for the new harbor sets to be released so that I can upgrade the beach.

(Some of you might of seen my other Beach, and thought that it needed more details added)

You can also see that I'm building a wall of rocks on the side of the water.

5459552652_a17f2ef16e_z.jpg

5459552838_ee610e1e7d_z.jpg

The farm is also something that I plan to upgrade alot.

Previously I posted a much larger farm. but some of you pointed out that it was very bare.

So after taking your comments into consideration, I made it alot smaller and also added some plans and tree's (I will be putting more in)

5458946909_d73f146e90_z.jpg

Can you spot where I ran out of track default_blush.gif

5459553336_8384415c3b_z.jpg

5459553664_7dc88dfb2c_z.jpg

That's all for now. I will keep you updated in the future when I add to it.

C & C welcome as allways. default_classic.gif

Oh and the quality of these photos dosn't look too good so I'll try and improve that sometime.

Very nice city The Red Brick default_thumbup.gif. Its nice and simple, not over crowed. Where did you find a table that big, its almost 10 feet long default_wacko.gif?

Keep Bricking!

EverettYA

Nice and clean looking 'The Red Brick', plenty of room to expand....by the looks of it you are getting ready for the new harbour sets....oh, don't forget the new surprise 3677 maintance train....left room for that eh ? :wink:

Brick On 'The Red Brick' ! :grin:

Yay!! :thumbup:

I love seeing scenes like this :wub:

You must have hours of fun with your town!

Thank you for sharing.

Very nice city The Red Brick default_thumbup.gif. Its nice and simple, not over crowed. Where did you find a table that big, its almost 10 feet long default_wacko.gif?

Keep Bricking!

EverettYA

Yes the table is very long and tall (Gives me a great little hide out under it, I sometimes take a lamp, a book and a nice cup of tea under there too default_tong.gif)

Nice and clean looking 'The Red Brick', plenty of room to expand....by the looks of it you are getting ready for the new harbour sets....oh, don't forget the new surprise 3677 maintance train....left room for that eh ? default_blink.gif

Brick On 'The Red Brick' ! default_laugh2.gif

Yay!! pirate_thumbup.gif

I love seeing scenes like this default_wubnew.gif

You must have hours of fun with your town!

Thank you for sharing.

Thank you Lightningtiger and Pandora, I am most certainly ready for the new sets. I have it all planned out.

Oh and pandora I have quite alot of fun. I sometimes have those moments where I pretend I'm a minifigure living in it and act out car chases and other things default_blush.gif Oh I wish I could be a kid again and do that everyday.

Edited by The Red Brick

Its very nice and open you don't get that much with other peoples city's they always look too crowded I like it and also a lot of room for expansion too, can't wait to see what you add next. :thumbup:

I really envy all you people with these spectacular cities! I love your city a lot, and I look forward to seeing it finished. Well done!

wow!! ur city (and table) is enormous!! i hope ur table is not against the wall or else you will not be able to access the buildings on the inside easily.

Thank you for all of your nice comments. I'm very excited myself to see it expand.

wow!! ur city (and table) is enormous!! i hope ur table is not against the wall or else you will not be able to access the buildings on the inside easily.

No, I have just enough room for me to walk around it or squeeze around. And I can easily reach into the middle.

Edited by The Red Brick

Wow! What an enormous makeover compared to your previous city. This is so much better. Although I'm not fond of that many roads but it still looks great, can't wait to see more buildings and train stuff :laugh::thumbup:

Wow! What an enormous makeover compared to your previous city. This is so much better. Although I'm not fond of that many roads but it still looks great, can't wait to see more buildings and train stuff :laugh::thumbup:

I don't think I used that many roads as I have certainly cut down on them since I moved it onto a table. But anyway thank you Brickviller default_classic.gif

Very cool city layout TRB! I would have to agree the whole layout is very clean-looking and well-planned. I really like some of the neat features you've put in there, like the center fountain, the expanded base for the 7637 Farm, the provision for a mini-beach, and the train tracks circling around the whole city. Though I understand this is still a WIP, so I'm looking forward seeing this with additional sets, details, vehicles, and of course a more populated citizenry.

That is FANTASTIC! Great Build. I can't wait to see it with the new Harbour sets. If only I had room for something like thatdefault_wubnew.gif I'm working on a small island resort at the moment (because that's all I have room for default_blush.gif) How much did it cost for all of this. Those roadplates cost a fortune!

Thank you KielDaMan for your kind comment default_classic.gif

That is FANTASTIC! Great Build. I can't wait to see it with the new Harbour sets. If only I had room for something like thatdefault_wubnew.gif I'm working on a small island resort at the moment (because that's all I have room for default_blush.gif) How much did it cost for all of this. Those roadplates cost a fortune!

A small island, Now that must be an interesting build. I don't know the exact price but I know it's more than £1000. (according to brickset). Luckily I brought the road plates before they shot the price up. Why do lego keep doing that default_hmpfbad.gif.

I apologize for the double post but I have a quick question.

As mentioned before, the train track is almost hanging off the edge and I put some blue tack underneath the tracks to try and hold them in place. But I was wondering if I should remove the blue tack and replace them with some nails. Just to try and hold the track in place (Only in certain parts, not all the way round) default_sceptic.gif

Edited by The Red Brick

You really are lucky having such a big table for your city display. Now you have to fill it with buildings and vehicles, which it sure will be an arduous but exciting task. :laugh:

Time for a small update.

Okay, Today I have been working on the beach and trying out different techniques I could use to make the water look more realistic. All that I could think of was to place some Trans dark blue cheese slopes onto the water to give it a 'wave' effect. I will be also adding some white studs soon.

5522544271_9081de1299_z.jpg

5522546755_d18656d8f2_z.jpg

Oh and I have also done something to the police station... Can you guess what default_blink.gif

5523140220_b004d13c1e_z.jpg

I will be moving the police station soon to underneath the table as I am getting a board made which will create a small city underneath, That way I can get the harbor to fit in next to the beach.

Time for a small update.

Okay, Today I have been working on the beach and trying out different techniques I could use to make the water look more realistic. All that I could think of was to place some Trans dark blue cheese slopes onto the water to give it a 'wave' effect. I will be also adding some white studs soon.

5522544271_9081de1299_z.jpg

5522546755_d18656d8f2_z.jpg

Oh and I have also done something to the police station... Can you guess what default_blink.gif

I will be moving the police station soon to underneath the table as I am getting a board made which will create a small city underneath, That way I can get the harbor to fit in next to the beach.

You Built the police station Backwards!

You've trapped that guys hand in the roller door? :laugh:

How many baseplates is your town? Length & width

G'day 'The Red Brick'....noticed a new photo of your character there....I believe your other one was blown up at an ATM ! :laugh:

I like your beach, pre-heatwave eh ? :wink:

But I might comment on the police station, the road plates don't seem to fit with it right, a T-junction would help out the front so police vehicles don't have a rough ride leaving the station. :wink:

By the way looks like someone either fell from the roof or got dumped at the police station ! :laugh:

Great work as always and Brick On ! :grin:

Correct Fuzzy default_classic.gif

How many baseplates is your town? Length & width

Erm... 14 x 6 baseplate's.

G'day 'The Red Brick'....noticed a new photo of your character there....I believe your other one was blown up at an ATM ! :laugh:

I like your beach, pre-heatwave eh ? :wink:

But I might comment on the police station, the road plates don't seem to fit with it right, a T-junction would help out the front so police vehicles don't have a rough ride leaving the station. :wink:

By the way looks like someone either fell from the roof or got dumped at the police station ! :laugh:

Great work as always and Brick On ! :grin:

Thank you Lightningtiger, Yes the T-junction isn't in the correct place for the police station. That's why I will be moving it underneath the city, I'll hopefully have some pictures of that up soon.

I don't think that women fell from the roof. You see that man up there, I think he pushed her default_look.gif.