simonwillems

New Set Town Plan

I don't know if this has been posted here, close if it has, but I found a new picture of the townplan set 10184 at the site of De Bouwsteen:

nieuweset.jpg

post-486-1192773016_thumb.jpg

post-486-1192867017_thumb.jpg

post-486-1192867057.jpg

post-486-1192867038.jpg

EDIT by Hinckley: just added some more pics *sweet* *y* Thanks to Brickshelf postings and thanks to Sinner who found them on the BrickJournal site...

That's a nice looking set. Looks like a classic lego town design. The cinema looks great.

Is the guy in the background one of the kids from the 1958 set?

Steve

Sweet!!!

I can't see one bit wrong with that set. The petrol-station is awesome, the cinema is awesome, the town-hall is awesome, the cars and acessories are awesome.

And a nice touch that Kjeld himself is one the box too. Sweet touch with the reference on the corner of the box.

I am so getting minimum one of this set.

edit: Censorship's recommended words didn't have the same punch as the intended word. :D Ah, never mind.

Athos: Take a good look at the box, it clearly states that it's Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen that's portrayed on the box.

Edited by Freddie

well, i'm lukewarm on this set. i would have preferred a decked out town hall over a front heavy set. i'm pretty sure all the buildings here are chopped in half with the back exposed.

if only they used that 1981 pieces to make this

th01.jpg

*wub* *wub* *wub* *wub*

plus i hope you guys realize the town plan was not built on base plates. :-P the "grass" is "painted" on. :-P

This is a fantastic set...I love the rounded architecture, I love those cars, I love everything! I wish the buildings were a bit more elaborate, but i have to echo everyone else

Wow!!

Really has a great old-school feel to it!

Great find Simon!!

Amazing set... it is sooo playable.

This must be the dream of every kid.

Moved to the LEGO Trains & Town forum!

OH MY MEGABLOCKS!!! what an absolutly umbelieveable set words can not describe! how amazingly lovely! The octan station the cinema the city hall with bride and groom the old cars the posters on the walls the fountain!

What an atonishingly retro set! amazing find Simon! this is the best set ever without a doubt!

Edited by casewindu

Yes, I saw it too at Legoworld Zwolle today. The Lego founder's grandson Kjeld will turn 50 in 2008 and I think it said that this is his own design. It is him on the small box picture also with his little sister playing with early Lego blocks. This set is due for January 2008 so it was written on a letter.

Very nice.Reminds me of the movie "Back to the future". Nice thing is, that even though its got a 50's feel, it would still work with alot of todays sets as well. The movie theater would look good next to cafe' corner. I really like gas station too. I really like the fact that they included a service bay with a role up door! Sweet!

Wow, looks great! I love the basic concept, and the throwback '50's design is something we've never seen Lego do before. Looks like tons of mini-figs too, which is really cool.

I have two minor complaints:

1) The colors of that movie theater are beyond garish. Yikes.

2) No road plates???

Otherwise, very cool set.

Wow, looks great! I love the basic concept, and the throwback '50's design is something we've never seen Lego do before. Looks like tons of mini-figs too, which is really cool.

I have two minor complaints:

1) The colors of that movie theater are beyond garish. Yikes.

2) No road plates???

Otherwise, very cool set.

I like the movie theater didn't they used to be painted like that in the 50's? (I wouldnt know! :-P )

I also like the way the blue car doesn't have those <insert that tiresome argument> mud flaps, th originals were a lot better!

This is a great bit of nostalgia.

As Jamtf said, the kid in the old Lego pictures is indeed the current president (or whatever) of the company. Showing him as a child and 50 years later, wearing the same shirt more or less, playing with Lego..... too cheesy, but so very effective.

Brilliant set. I'm gonna have one in my office, one in my home, and several in "the vault".

Sensational! The whole thing has a wonder full 50's feel to it, especially the cinema. *wub* It looks just like a portion of Hill Valley circa 1955 ( X-D ), and the building that resembles the famous clocktower seems to be....a church!? It's not very traditional style church architecture, but there's no mistaking that newly wed couple out front. That's something new for LEGO.....

I have just realized how good would it be to put Doc and Marty into this set! (from back to the future)

I take it the man on the box is the child in the 50's pic?

Edit: sorry I have seen that oo7 got to the back to the future joke before me! oh well...great minds think alike ;-)

Edited by casewindu

Is the guy in the background one of the kids from the 1958 set?
Athos: Take a good look at the box, it clearly states that it's Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen that's portrayed on the box.
The Lego founder's grandson Kjeld will turn 50 in 2008 and I think it said that this is his own design. It is him on the small box picture also with his little sister playing with early Lego blocks.

Ah, then I was right... X-D

Steve

The Lego founder's grandson Kjeld will turn 50 in 2008 and I think it said that this is his own design. It is him on the small box picture also with his little sister playing with early Lego blocks.
Ah, then I was right... X-D

Steve

umm, it's semantics but kjeld is more than 50 y-o if he was a kid 50 years ago. otherwise he wouldn't have existed 50 years ago.

that cinima is really cool... i can't wait to see what movie posters decorate the sides. im not to fond of the other two buildngs... i think the 2007 gas station was better than what we have here. though, im excited by the red truck.

im glad to see some american architecture coming from the factory line, after seeing the CC, MS, and eiffel tower i was getting a little worried this new line had forgotten about us :-$

- BM

I have just realized how good would it be to put Doc and Marty into this set! (from back to the future)

I take it the man on the box is the child in the 50's pic?

Edit: sorry I have seen that oo7 got to the back to the future joke before me! oh well...great minds think alike ;-)

Haha, yes indeed! I guess I can take this opportunity for a little self-promotion. :-P

1462589035_48444a655b.jpg

Heh heh heh....

Does anyone have any guesses on the price point? Perhaps it will be the same as The Cafe Corner. It looks huge, maybe bigger......