Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Rise of the Antichrist

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This was originally going to be The Apocalypse according to Joel [one of my favorite prophets of the Old Testament] but it kinda morphed slowly. This is my rendition; you can see, however, there are a few details that can be found in the Book of Joel; the ground quakes, pillars of fire and the swarms of "locusts" [yes, they're ants, but pretend they're locusts!]

Keep in mind this is just another "quicky filler MOC." I'm no Brendan Powell Smith. :wink:

lego2.jpg

A couple notes on the MOC; all of the rocky parts fit in together for a more realistic pattern. The red pillar is, of course, supposed to be blood [a surreal representation.] The moon/planets are stickers from the Discovery sets.

Thanks. :classic:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I saw this on Flickr before. Splendid job, I think the fig is perfect. And nicely built too. :thumbup:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Book of Joel? Is that in the Catholic bible?

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Book of Joel? Is that in the Catholic bible?

Its part of the Old Testament, or the Tanach. Its part of as I know it "Divrieh HaYamomim" which is the later part of the prophets.

:blush: Whilst growing up I attended church with my family three times a week (:sick: for about 17 years of my life) I'm ashamed to say I still know very little about the Old Testament, The New Testament or the various versions thereof. So this is new to me.

Is a nicely constructed MOC. I love the effect used for the ground quakes. :thumbup:

Edited by Cutlass_Iz