Sign in to follow this  
Dzoni90

July Revolution, Liberty Leading the People

Such a well executed scene. I like the little details, like the smashed glass in the cabinet, you've built quite a picture :-)

A well done historic scene reminding of the famous episode from "Les Miserable" with Hugh Jackman. Did the movie inspire you. Both the painter and the painting are famous, too. Keep on building.

Thank you all!

@Staslegomaster, I didn't watch the movie, I want to read the book first, but I was inspired by the books of other French novelists where they describe July Revolution.

Two things I like about this MOC:

1) The use of a Lincoln Beard for the man flanking the flag bearer.

2) the expression of the soldier firing his weapon and feeling the pain of a dislocated hip simultaneously.

Excellent build, friend!

This is an excellent depiction and is overflowing with activity. The two buildings are really nice and all the different minifig poses are great. The big pile of furniture blocking the street is a nice feature. The top hat/hairpiece is perfect for this build, but my favorite part has to be the skirts of the dress - that's a great way of using those jumper plate pieces to show movement. Excellent work. :classic:

I really like the pile of thrown furniture.. Beautiful moc there and nice buildings too!