Sign in to follow this  
LACIII

Johnny Thunder Brickfilm!

Hey there guys, I just completed my latest Johnny Thunder Brickfilm based on the Adventurers Jungle theme and was wondering what you guys thought.

Lewis

Here's the link

Wow, this is actually quite good! I love the sepia-tones, and the voice-actors are very good for being amateurs. It's great that you added some Spanish into the mix as well. The technical execution isn't perfect (eg. the rolling clouds in the sky stop when the characters move), but it's quite skillfully done nevertheless. You certainly know how to do digital animation, alongside LEGo animation.

Also, you've stayed true to the Johnny Thunder sets, and brought them alive. That's a big plus.

I've just watched the first part, but based on it, the plot is quite standard fare. It's not bad, I just feel like I've seen the same plot-twists and action scenes a hundred times before in Hollywood adventure films. I'll watch the second part now, and hope that the story picks up. :wink:

EDIT: I watched the second part now, and yes, it was unexpected and quite exciting. :grin: The Bionicle-monster was a total surprise, as was the fact that both Johnny and Harry suddenly had two pistols they hadn't used earlier. I also don't understand how a blimp can lift a whole metal ship from the water with just the anchor, but let's count that as an artistic liberty. :wink:

I would have never guessed that you voiced almost all the male roles, since the voices were so distinctively different from each other. Excellent job! :thumbup: