Sign in to follow this  
Zeya

[MOC] Lonely Mermaid

[pid][/pid]196B

I made this before Halloween, but couldn't get around to posting it. Not quite as fitting for the Christmas season, but oh well!

6511632387_e6b3933ef7_z.jpg

6511631809_6e3bdc0f66_z.jpg

6511632759_a407a9bee4_z.jpg

My original idea was to have a mermaid alone on a small island. I wanted to use the crying face of the mermaid, as if she's waiting for someone to return - a little bit of mystery.

That idea changed as I went along, when I realized that I simply don't have the volume of bricks to make my vision come alive. So it became smaller, and it took a darker twist. I added some spookier heads in various levels of decay, maybe suggesting that hapless sailors that are lured here never return. :pirate_skel1:

The bird in this photo was directly lifted from 5770 Lighthouse Island, which I had on the shelf. The white studs on the rocks by him are supposed to be droppings. :pir_laugh2:

Thanks for stopping by!

I like the layout. The backstory really works well for this character. Those sirens are always getting their way, huh. I like the different levels of decay with those heads.

Keep up the brilliant work.

This is a nice little scene which puts me in the mood for some more Pirates of the Carribean, which supposedly is on it's way. :pirate_skel1:

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Thanks for blogging my MOC! I had a pleasant surprise when I was going through my RSS feeds this morning.

Great job! The zombie's head with black hat and beard is awesome! I like so much also the tentacles and the seagull with epaulettes. Great color scheme for a beautiful moc!

Farrant