Year Released 2010

Piece Count

Minifigs: 2

List Price: £24.99

Front of the box

front_of_box.jpg

Back of the box

back_of_box.jpg

Side of the box advertising the new City movie ‘Clutch Power’.

side_of_box.jpg

The contents of the box – no stickers.

contents.jpg

Random page from the instructions

random_instruction_page.jpg

The minifigures – I think the blue overalls are new?

minifigs.jpg

The set itself

all_set.jpg

Spare Pieces

spares.jpg

New pieces (I'm pretty sure the tyres are new).

new_pieces.jpg

I've been waiting to own this since the first grainy pictures last year. I love this set. The Tractor has a fantasic design and of course the pigs to add to the cows of last year are a must have (luckily you get four). Soon we will have camels and ostriches to add to the animal kingdom. Overall 9/10

Cheers - Richard

Thanks for the first pictures of this excellent set BTT! The new overalls torso is great. And the design of the tractor is also better than the 2009 ones in my opinion (at least it's a welcome break from two similarly designed tractors in 2009). And let's not forget the lovely pigs... :wub: Oh, and those tyres were included in the Coast Guard 4 x 4.

Blogged on Classic-Town.net!

Edited by Rick

Thanks for the review Brick Town Talk. I could not wait to see a couple of new photos of this lovely little set. I like the idea of this set where LEGO combines a nice tractor with a little pig farm. Tractors alone are nice but combined with little farm elements is a lot better. I always tought that vehicules should always be sold with something else and this set does it for me! :thumbup:

Thanks for the review! I'll get a couple of "7566 - Farmer" sets for the pigs. It should be cheaper that way. 25 GBP is out of my range unfortunately.

I'm sorry to say, but this review is bad...

It's looks like you made it in hurry...

no nice pictures of each part (one for tractor, one for pen, one for trailer)

You should put pig next to minifig and horse to show curious people how big it is.

-----------------------

This set is another win of Lego

Me like:

-4 Pigs

-Female in the set with new torso (they could use Tracs Hair here...)

- Pen looks nice

- I love how lego did the crib

- It fits to farm nicely

Me not like:

-Another farmer

-Another Tractor

Thanks for the review. It looks like a well thought out set. Love those piggies.

This is maybe the only set from the first round of 2010 I'm looking forward to get, and of course that's only for the pigs :tongue:

Thanks for the review, but could you add your personal opinions, especially on the construction of the three elements? From the pictures it seems the build isn't one of the best, there is some details on the tractor but nothing particularly interesting. Also how about the piece selection?

Overall it seems quite overpriced for its size as all the Farm sets, but the fact that they included 4 pigs is a big "+", considering the pigs are probably the reason for 90% of those who will buy this set :classic:

Edited by Legoist

Nice review, although you could go into more details with the actual set, like the tractor, the trailer, and the pig sty. :classic: I'm not going to rate this because I can't really tell if the set is good or not.

Edited by prateek

This looks like a great set. I really like the tractor design, and I love the colour. The trailer looks a bit thrown togethor, but im not buying the set for the trailer, so i really dont care. The new blue overall torso is great, and 4 pigs will be very welcome!

Where did you buy it?

How smart of LEGO to make a new torso print for the female fig, at first I was going to get the impulse set, but seeing this review convinsed me to buy this set in stead of the impulse set.

Thanks for sharing the early picture review BTT.

My thoughts:

This is really a nice little/mid-sized set. I love the Farm theme and the new pig piece is a fantastic new addition to LEGO's piece assortment.

While another tractor would not have been my first choice for an additional farm set, the pig pen and trailer make up for it. In fact, I really like the trailer. It's definately a lot smaller than the grain trailer contained in the previous Farm set and the use of the bendable side plates will serve quite useful for other creations, esp. a train wagon (perhaps I may build down the road). One thing; however, that I think looks awkward is the hitch which seems a bit blocky/clumpsy. The back section looks interesting.

The pig pen has a bit of a Classic Town charm, although it would have been great to see the return of the sink/faucett piece. It's interesting to see the use of a brown fence to raise the back section, but I think it works. The overall color selection will blend in nicely with the large Farm.

I like the new female fig, but it looks like Mr. Green Jeans appears again, this time with a red cap instead of tan fidora (I call window washer attire).

Overall, I like this set, and will most likely buy when available. Oink!

EDIT: Please note: I have added a poll for our Townie fans to vote, and indexed, but your images are too large. Site guidelines are no larger than 800x600. But still, thank you for the review.

Great new pictures. I did not even know the set was available allready. And so close to my country :classic:

Thank you for the nice review.

Could you maybe make some extra pics from the pig from different angels and how it;s fit on a plate?

Thanks for the review!

I am so getting this set. Good looking tractor, 4 piggies... hopefully it will be 249 SEK in Sweden (about the same value as 25 GBP), but it will probably be around 350 SEK... Still, a great set! :thumbup:

Thanks for the review 'Brick Town Talk' ! :sweet:

I think this is pretty close to being the best farm set Lego have ever done ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

Why ?

Two reasons - 1. the tractor & 2. PIGS !!! :grin:

I'll have too buy at least three sets, so I get at least 2 tractors for myself and 1 tractor plus all the pigs to my son (he can't wait to a Lego Three Little Pigs :laugh: ) !

The green tractor is very realistic and at least on both it and trailier - tool holders to hold your broom and shovel - at last !

Come on April (that's the Australian release date) ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :laugh:

Thanks for this great review! :classic:

This is yet another great addition to the Farm subtheme. However we have seen alot of tractors but this one is fairly nice. :laugh:

Yes the female minifigure and her blue overall torso is new :wub:

The new pigs however are the real special part about this set :oh:

However you can get a pig much cheaper in the Farmer Impulse.

This set though, is still worth it , as the pig pen is very nice and you get carrots.

Edited by Macoco

Thanks for the review.

Not sure if I will end up buying this or not, I've been put off by the farm its self. Every time one of my kids play with it something beaks, it seems way to fragile and this set look the same. What am I saying I have every other farm set so far and I wont start skipping now.

But the pigs do look good and will make some great roast pork

All I need in my farm now is some sheep.

Should be $30 in the USA. Great set, $30 isn't too bad if it's the price, the small red tractor is $13, so this is about the perfect price.

Also the 5 spare cheese pieces is why I'm against the new 1x2 cheese piece, you won't get extras. :tongue:

The overall color selection will blend in nicely with the large Farm.

Still deciding on whether to get that...

I like the new female fig, but it looks like Mr. Green Jeans appears again, this time with a red cap instead of tan fidora (I call window washer attire).

:laugh: Yeah, that torso is getting way overused in the farm sets, especially with it also appearing in the farm impulse this year...

Really like this new set and cant wait for it to come to the us. I hope tru has it soon. I do really like the pigs though they appear to be sorta differant then what I envisioned them. I guess I do like the brickforge pigs. but of course they are not lego. but its a nice little set. the farm theame is what drew me out of my dark ages. I have a farm I display with my local lug. it has been a really cool year. I have met so many cool people and including jamie. just for going back to the farm. now if they were black and white to that would even more awsome

The good news is for anyone in the UK this set is 100% available right now in Argos!

No waiting for March as expected for general release!

£24.99