Sign in to follow this  
lukeiamyourfather

Battle Of Aargau (clone wars) WIP

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

This a little thing I decided to do one day because I don't usually make dioramas so I thought it would be interesting and fun to make.

If you cant tell it is a bridge that was blown up while clones were crossing it and the droids came out to pick off the stragglers.

Its the clones final stand.

Aargua is an actual planet in the star wars universe and it seemed to fit the setting of this moc perfectly.

The set up actually started as a vig, but I decide the the bridge would look weird alone

4131368955_d40031f2e8_m.jpg

I basically used nearly all my clones in droids on this ( I Know I should get some more)

4131366613_7401f9a96e_m.jpg

The base plates are a white 16x16 I had around, and the odd base plate from the 2005 police station. I moved my police station to a flat BP so I had this available.

4132122964_b22b50fed0_m.jpg

I dont have many pics up right now because I was using flickr and I had a lot of pics, brickshelf was being mean and wouldn't let me upload. But I will upload some more pics later.

If anyone wants some further pics after I post the others later today or tonight go ahead and ask I don't mind, just ask before the 27 because I'm gonna demolish it and use the white 16x16 for a Christmas MOC to enter in CopMike's raffle.

Comments and criticism is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by KimT

Wow, you put some baseplates together because you were bored?

What a way to introduce this *huh*

If you did this "BECAUSE YOU WERE BORED", then why'd you even share it with us?

Please put a little effort in it before you post. :hmpf:

Look I edited it just for you, happy now? or should I further edit it?

I wouldn't be saying that you just might make the wild beast inside kimt mad. :tongue:

But I totally agree with kimt no real effort just some baseplates put together.

This is alright I guess...

The effects are the best thing in this.

I like the clone in the water firing the rocket. Also the clone on the bridge engulfed in flame from an explosian. :thumbup:

I wouldn't be saying that you just might make the wild beast inside kimt mad. :tongue:

I agree.

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Man you must have been so bored to do this!

I do like the clone firing the rocket he looks really cool and so does the rocket. Its cool how you got all the clones to actually stand up on bridge just because there's so many of them and if one fell down it would create a bit of a path of destruction. Im not sure why there's a lamp post up the top though. Do they have lamp post in the star wars universe?

great work!

I have seen some truly horrible MOCs on this website and others, and all they get is praise, never even constructive criticism or anything. All this guy did was say he was bored, and the whole rest of the thread goes downhill because the first replier had some kind of problem. I wonder how many MOCs were born out of pure boredom?

It's not like his little diorama there was even particularly bad. At least some effort was put into it, it looks like.

edit: and another thing I noticed mostly in the SW forums, there's never any discussion, at least in MOC threads. It's always just pages of people going "yeah, what he said".

Edited by lefty

My issue with this is that it's not what I would call a diorama or a MOC.

It looks more like a display of figs that have been put on a few baseplates.

And stating that you've done something out of boredom isn't what we're looking for here.

The least one could do before posting something is to put a little work into it.

Some critisim for this one:

Take it apart and start over.

What is it you want to build?

A bridge?

A combat scene?

Fine, then start with the scene and not the figs.

This is hardly the work of an AFOL, is it?

I've changed the title to be a WIP (Work In Progress) and I suggest you take a look at the different dioramas in the Star Wars Forum MOC Index for inspiration. With work and effort this could turn out a good MOC.

Personally I've only posted one MOC ever and it was a train station - I'd never ever post it if I'd build it today.

MOC'ing is about getting better, I'll agree to that.

I've discareded several handfulls of MOC's over the past years - none of them have made it even close to me posting them here.

One day I'll post a MOC, but not until I am satisfied and sure that it'll be appreciated by other fans.

Am I making any sense here?