cavegod

UCS Imperial Landing Craft

Yeah, it's really hard to find any images of the ILM model from the '97 special editions. If it's any help, the X-wing alliance upgrade project have some screenshots on their homepage that should be close to the actual blueprints:

So, making one of these now?

Wow, I can't wait!

yep it's next on my to do list after i have finished the current project, i need to use my lambda shuttle for something.

Yeah, it's really hard to find any images of the ILM model from the '97 special editions. If it's any help, the X-wing alliance upgrade project have some screenshots on their homepage that should be close to the actual blueprints:

cheers for them but they still look off to me.

You can always just take a screenshot from the actual film... several people have uploaded A New Hope: Special Edition on YouTube and other video-sharing sites.

RenegadeClone I'm fairly confident that the shot from X-wing Alliance is a landing craft from a Star Wars video game rather than the movie. (You can tell because the wings are straight, as in the LEGO version; the movie version, as cavegod said, has bent wings.) I've always wondered why LEGO would opt to release the video-game version of a ship that appeared in the movies...

Ok after some painstaking work i can say that the imperial landing craft has two landing gear the boarding ramp is at the front, the cockpit is the same as the lambda shuttle, the rear section where the wings attach is a lot thicker and the wings are the lambdas but switched so that the straight edge is at the front.

so is the shuttle a sentinel or some other shuttle? was the sentinel from a game?

i can also add that the imperial landing craft is 38m long.

Edited by cavegod

just resurecting this as i may post a teaser of progress so far :laugh:

Wookieepedia identifies the Sentinel-class landing craft and the Imperial landing craft as the same ship. In addition, it mentions that its first appearance was in the Shadows of the Empire video game.

Wookieepedia identifies the Sentinel-class landing craft and the Imperial landing craft as the same ship. In addition, it mentions that its first appearance was in the Shadows of the Empire video game.

that would mean wookiepedia is wrong then they look the same but are not identical, just watch the few seconds of it in 'A new hope' frame by frame and you will see. the closest i can find is this version.

AA6004_Landing_Craft_real-1.gif

AA6004_Landing_Craft_real-3.gif

In addition, it mentions that its first appearance was in the Shadows of the Empire video game.

Because it didn't appear in AnH until the Special Edition, after the release of Shadows of the Empire.

that would mean wookiepedia is wrong then they look the same but are not identical, just watch the few seconds of it in 'A new hope' frame by frame and you will see. the closest i can find is this version.

AA6004_Landing_Craft_real-1.gif

AA6004_Landing_Craft_real-3.gif

Where did you get those model kit-looking things? I want a Chiss clawcraft too. :laugh:

According to the starwars.com databank, the "Imperial Landing Craft" was "an entirely computer-generated starship"; in other words, it's unlikely that any of it exists beyond its brief appearance in the Special Edition.

This is going to be exciting to see, please post pics of the build as soon as you can Cavegod!

Really looking forward to seeing them!

CF

Where did you get those model kit-looking things? I want a Chiss clawcraft too. :laugh:

According to the starwars.com databank, the "Imperial Landing Craft" was "an entirely computer-generated starship"; in other words, it's unlikely that any of it exists beyond its brief appearance in the Special Edition.

I think it's just a pic off the internet.

And yeah, I don't think you're going to find any more source material specifically for that CGI model. Wookieepedia probably lists them as the same ship for continuity, and you're better off just building the Sentinel.

I think it's just a pic off the internet.

And yeah, I don't think you're going to find any more source material specifically for that CGI model. Wookieepedia probably lists them as the same ship for continuity, and you're better off just building the Sentinel.

great excuse for AD LIB eh?

great excuse for AD LIB eh?

On my part or Wookieepedia's part?

Either way,

The Sentinel is one of few C-canon elements to make it into the movies; it first appeared in the Shadows of the Empire game, and appeared in the special edition of A New Hope.
Yet another addition to Shadows of the Empire is the appearance of the Sentinel-class landing craft seen in the new dewback scene as well as above Mos Eisley.

ok as promised heres a few WIP pics of the landing craft bear in mind that parts may change as i build, but suggestions are more than welcome.

PA110076.jpg

PA110075.jpg

PA110074.jpg

PA110077.jpg

Looks good. I really like how you've used the same cockpit design as the Lambda, and the curved portion of the body is looking exceptional. This will be minifig-scale, then? To the scale of the Lambda?

it is the lambda shuttles cockpit lol!

yeah will be in scale with the lambda, works out to be twice as long.

all the info i have read states that the weapons are all retractable, so i decided that since it will be displayed in flight that most weapons will be deployed, gives it more substance and greebs!

it is the lambda shuttles cockpit lol!

yeah will be in scale with the lambda, works out to be twice as long.

all the info i have read states that the weapons are all retractable, so i decided that since it will be displayed in flight that most weapons will be deployed, gives it more substance and greebs!

Why don't you just make the weapons retractable?

Why don't you just make the weapons retractable?

I thought about it, but decided against it but you never know :laugh:

Wow. That look great so far!

thank you the pictures don't do it justice they make it look smaller than it is!

it is about 37 studs wide and will be about 60 studs long not to mention the 3 wings. the trick will be to get it to balance on two landing gear.

thank you the pictures don't do it justice they make it look smaller than it is!

it is about 37 studs wide and will be about 60 studs long not to mention the 3 wings. the trick will be to get it to balance on two landing gear.

Nothing in those pictures suggest that it is small. It is looking fantastic so far, and now I can't wait to see it completed.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say please change the design for the head; I don't dmac's construction quite completely captures the feel of the head section:

jb_shuttle.jpg

He did say it was the Lambda's cockpit, so it could be a placeholder, but if not, I think it works just fine, and makes it fit in better with the Lambda.