Sign in to follow this  
Paul cantu

Review: 6241 Loot Island

:pir-cry_happy: This is a really good set with many accesories to help build up your pirate collection. It cost 19.99 US. Sorry about the pics, the camera I use isn't the greatest.

pb130002.jpg

pb130001.jpg

pb130003.jpg

An interesting amount of extra pieces

pb130007.jpg

This is the really cool comic:

pb130005.jpg

pb130006.jpg

These are the pieces the set includes.

pb130004.jpg

thanks for the pictures, but i think this can't be classified as a review really :pir-tongue:

Have you got any other sets?

Edited by metalandi

thanks for the pictures, but i think this can't be classified as a review really :pir-tongue:

I agree. Nice set, but not really a review.

NICE SET. where did you get it at?

I am in Bayarea, wondering when they will offically arrive in the shop or on the website =[

Planing to garb all sets or 2x them. ^_^

No this is the only set I have. What else would you like me to add to make it more of a review?

Thanks for the pictures. Could you post a picture of that base by itself, top and bottom?

What else would you like me to add to make it more of a review?

I think people want more opinions, and perhaps a rating.

Lego12 is working on a full review as well, so don't worry about changing this if you don't want to.

Nice looking set! I love the fig with the ripped shorts, and it seems he might have a new head. Quite a few nice leaf pieces as well.

Lego12 is working on a full review as well, so don't worry about changing this if you don't want to.

Nice looking set! I love the fig with the ripped shorts, and it seems he might have a new head. Quite a few nice leaf pieces as well.

Yes indeed, he has a new head it kind of reminds me of a sad puppy.

No this is the only set I have. What else would you like me to add to make it more of a review?

Thank you for taking the time to share these pictures with us!

We do in fact have a Reviewers Academy in which can teach you how to write the best reviews possible - let me know if you're interested.

Is it just me, or it really seems like new lego pirates remind of megabloks sometimes?

First the colors are really dark or bright, and that baseplate is just different in my point of view. The minifigs look detailed so thats a good thing. Everything else just doesnt d it for me :(

really? 20 bucks for that? I think the pricing on new castle was way more feasible... that set sucks for that price... maybe 14 bucks... but not 20.

Thank you for that interesting little review, Paul cantu! :thumbup:

I really like that set... it looks quiet playable to me, the blue boat´s

nice, the dark green on the pirate looks great and that Robinson Crusoe

MF´s simply superb! The baseplate looks also better that I initially thought

and could even become handy for some neat wasteland MOCing... Tatooine, here we go... :pir_laugh2:

And that little 'prison' where the sea´s the only kind of back wall... pretty surrealistic, isn´t it..? :shark:

thanks for this little review^^

Like asuka, I like that little set, and the baseplate looks better than it looks at first sight, the little comics is cool too and WHOOO you got a lot of extra pieces!

Excellent, thanks for posting pictures of the set so quickly. I'm undecided about the island I think I'll need to have it in my hands before I make a decission but it looks quite good.

Thanks for the photos and review.

Yeah, this set looks nice. I for one like the 3D baseplate (sure I wouldn't want one in every set), and it is a positive development that it can be attached to studs. Certainly will be useful on top of tan baseplates (I've oodles of those from Western) for sandy/dusty scenes (Beach/Western/Egypt/Desert). I wouldn't want too many, so hopefully there'll only be the occasional set making use of these (and hopefully other colours, e.g. dark bley).

I like the torn trousers on the castaway.

I love to see pictures of the new Pirate sets, but some of the photos are blurry. I think you did a good job though. :kahuka:

Can you give us a pic of the beard guy without his beard (to see if its a new face?)

It is a new face. I might take more pictures.

You probable take better pics then me so dont worry mate. :pir-blush:

Hmm still not too sold on this set, Especially since I still got alot of other stuff to buy. :pir-sceptic:

The little prison looks abit bare but still the idea behind the set is cool. :pir-classic:

Nice review too :thumbup:

EDIT: Woohoo! 1,000 Posts Im a Count! :pir_laugh2::pir-grin:

Count DL AWAY! :pir-grin::pir_yoda:

Edited by Darth_Legois

It is a new face. I might take more pictures.

Judging from the eyes, it looks like a scared head or an angry head...

Edited by samthelegoman1

It's a sad face.

Thanks for the pictures. I like this set and even the baseplate, it can be attached to a blue baseplate so it looks like sand in an ocean. I really like the figures and the accesoires. But I think 20 euro for this is a bit overpriced, and that's a shame...