Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

The Meta image for Facebook Posts

I've just seen my first Eurobricks Facebook Post since the forum upgrade:

post-273-0-26074000-1350156530_thumb.png

It seems Facebook uses the Invision Power Board logo by default because that's what is set in the template's header.

I.e. via this code...

<link rel="image_src" href="http://www.eurobrick...meta_image.png" />

Perhaps it would be more desirable to either:

1. Replace the IPB logo with the Eurobricks logo.
  2. Remove "image_src" line of code completely and then Facebook will parse the webpage looking for images to allow the user choose one.
  3. Get really clever and use the IPB for the Board Index and homepage, but let the user choose when the image they're posting a thread. After all, it may be preferable to the display a thumbnail of a MOC for example, rather than a logo. Assuming Facebook can extract the right image which is not always the case.

Maybe that was already on the agenda but it's something to think about if it's not.. :pir-classic:

Hey Mister Phes,

I was actually trying the facebook function of the new board exactly to see what would happen.

Just like you I think the IPB logo on the facebook post needs to be something else.

I'll request Siegfried to look into this.

Since no one knew or something, I just tossed a 70x70 EB logo into that file. It should do for now, but as there was no link, I can't actually check it.

Later on I'll look into Phes' ideas.

Excellent! :thumbup:

I'm hoping you'll have it all figured out by the time I get round to designing the Pirate Forum Skin, so that'll mean less thinking for me. :pir-grin: