Sign in to follow this  
Matteo1130

Suggestion needed!

Hi all, hope I'm writing in the right section!

I'm trying to build somekind of a modular village/harbor to be used with prefab hull ships for play/display/comics.

I know there are some beautiful land based MOCs in this forum, but they're really different from what I'm trying, because they're huge, complex and too detailed. I would like to mix old school/few pieces design with some new building technique... like old official LEGO sets, but slightly less "naif", like a lot of mini-sets designed for AFOLs instead of kids, to be connected to make different villages.

To make an example: a house could not have more than three walls (enough in the lego world!), stereotyped rooms ecc.. or a shop may have the classic red/blue slope tent

What I would like is suggestions about the "kits" I need.

Dock sections?

a simple tavern?

a fish shop?

a little guard's station and.. what else?

Thanks for reading!

Hi,

nice idea. Additions to what you've already got in mind depend on how big a harbor and village/town you are aiming at.

I suggest:

a harbor master's office,

some houses, simple in design and interior,

a storing facility/ store house(s),

a blacksmith,

a small shipyard,

a market place.

Out of ideas at the moment...

This diorama made by Matthias could be inspirational.

Looking forward to what you come up with.

Regards,

KB

I'm not sure if this will be useful to you but It's something I personally like a lot?

The building style you describe sounds a lot like my house-building style, here, you may find that useful.

Kolonialbeamter named most but here's another one

a sail patcher, that was actually Horry's Idea, you'll find many more suggestions in his thread.

@KB: the (beautiful) diorama is far from what I was searching, because there are so much baseplates.. but you helped me very much suggesting those shops and places.

@Sebeus: horry's colony could be a great start, I may just build similar buildings separately and connect them with technic pins.. this way with the same mocs it's possible to alternate different patterns to reproduce different villages.

P.S. the "top" would be the sharing of those instructions, so any member could reproduce those villages and, since I'm working on comic purpose, any member could write on the same comic if inspired!