Sign in to follow this  
Captain Braunsfeld

MOC: WIP Harbour Scene

[pid][/pid] 253A

Ahoy,

I've been working on a harbour for quite some time. Now I can start to show the pictures: :pir-sweet::pir-grin::pir-classic:

harbourscene2_15.jpg

harbourscene2_3.jpg

harbourscene2_14.jpg

After the modification of Olivander's Gringott's Bank also got transformed (just a bit) to fit into the scene (same story by the way as with Olivander's: Nobody in our family has ever played with Gringott's).

harbourscene2_5.jpg

harbourscene2_6.jpg

harbourscene2_8.jpg

harbourscene2_13.jpg

On the very right of the scene you will find MOCs I have presented before:

harbourscene2_16.jpg

.. and we also tried a parade of the Blackcoats:

harbourscene1_1.jpg

(which are meant to be Prussian).

So, please give a drum roll for the harbour scene...

harbourscene1_10.jpg

... and share your feedback with me!

(@Sebeus I: This is the harbour scene I was hinting at.)

Very nice Captain. It has a great LEGO look to it and seems like something that could be sold as a large set.

Hello Herr Kapitän Braunsfeld,

I like your Moc a lot. Especially the town hall with its pillars is great. Your Blackcoats reminds me of "Landwehren" of the 19 century in several german princedoms.

I am looking forward to the more of your work :pir-sweet:

Your harbor rules! I really like this atmospheric composition of classic Lego pirates' design and colors, playful and funny features, as well as historic elements. And you're mixing fleshies with yellow minifigs, not bad. The sky in the background is also a nice touch. Well done!!

One question, though. How do you handle your kids' 'urge to play' with your creations? I mean, you seem to work together, so do you allow it, or are your creations just for display once finished? Do you even have a say in this? pirate_laugh2.gif And are you then allowed to tear a MOC down in order to build something new? The joys of a 'Lego family'.

Again, great harbor, judging by the WIP title I hope you'll expand it, soon.

Keep it up!

Regards

Great buildings, I like the high embankment, great use of those angled panels for that.

Once I got my house-building skills up-to-date I'm going to try a harbor as well.

Very nice so far.

I love your black coats:)

Somewhere I have one of these firefighter torsos, too. Could become a prisoner or ambassador then.

A beautiful harbour!

Wellesley

Thanks for the kind feedback so far.

Here are some more pics:

Another parade of Prussians...

harbourscene1_9.jpg

I was trying to do a pirate home where the pirate has turned his boat into the roof:

harbourscene1_15.jpg

It is located at the back of the whole scene, so you can't really see this on the other pictures.

Your Blackcoats reminds me of "Landwehren" of the 19 century in several german princedoms.

Spot on! This is what they are meant to be (black - red - golden). Fighting Napoleon!

And you're mixing fleshies with yellow minifigs, not bad. The sky in the background is also a nice touch.

One question, though. How do you handle your kids' 'urge to play' with your creations? I mean, you seem to work together, so do you allow it, or are your creations just for display once finished? Do you even have a say in this? pirate_laugh2.gif And are you then allowed to tear a MOC down in order to build something new?

Again, great harbor, judging by the WIP title I hope you'll expand it, soon.

Many questions, let's try to answer:

1) Mixing fleshies with yellow minifigs: my son did that pirate_laugh2.gif

2) Sky in the background: Yes, this is something that I plan to develop. Saves a lot of time in photo-editing. pir_laugh2.gif

3) My oldest son (turning 14 next month) is entering the dark ages and less and less enthused about lego. pirate_look.gif

My younger son (11) was the one who populated this harbour scene!

So, he was the one to put up the parade of the black coats (and he invited our Dutch soldiers and other Prussian troops as well). This is how we did the first shoots of the scene.

Then I asked him to remove most of the troops, keeping mainly the redcoats and then we did the second series of photographs.

Yes, we work together sometimes. The pier was a joint collaboration. pirate_laugh2.gif

Biggest praise for me is when at least one of my kids is interested in the model and starts to play with it.

And I cannot tear down things without discussion and joint agreement. (I have to promise to improve things!) pirate_satisfied.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

I hope I have answered all or at least most of your questions.

Wow! Beautiful scene! Very lively, great detail. I like how you've incorporated classic pirate designs while maintaining a realistic feel. Great work! Do any of the buildings have interiors?

Hmmm, this is why I frequently stop by the classic pirates as well - sooooo many beautiful ideas for buildings in here.

Some of the buildings look like very much Potter inspired, but its very nice what you made of them. pirate_satisfied.gif

Ahoy,

thanks to the inspiration given by Sebeus I. I am happy to present a comic related to this harbour scene.

The comic is called "The Visit".

the_visit_1.jpg

the_visit_2.jpg

the_visit_3.jpg

the_visit_4.jpg

the_visit_5.jpg

the_visit_6.jpg

the_visit_7.jpg

the_visit_8.jpg

I hope you enjoy it!

pirate_laugh2.gif

I love it, the painting joke is hilarious, someone had his eyes closed pirate_laugh_new.gif

I have a feeling we may see these historically (in)correct references again in future comics.

Mr. Townsend will be happy to see his sigfig in a recognizable manner.

I enjoyed it very much, haven't counted the monkeys yet but I will pirate_laugh2.gif .

I hope other members are now inspired to also make their comics and maybe then they should be indexed somewhere as well pirate_satisfied.gif .

Edited by Sebeus I

Funny comic! I also like how you included several official Lego buildings to your scene, but gave them a very unique touch. Cool stuff!

Hello, I am very honored to be a part of your great comic. The joke pf the closed eyes is great pirate_classic.gif .

I tried to count the monkeys, but I am not sure. I thinks there are 6 monkeys and a quarter monkey in pic no 7 in the right sight??????? Maybe one monkeys is processed in the saugasage allthough there are no monkeys in Kassel only a lot of raccoons pirate_laugh_new.gif

Edited by Matthias

Haha, it seems a mild comic breeze is coming... pirate_laugh2.gif

This one rocks! Hilarious, it was hard to stop laughing at some point.

Your humble home... with a twist, niiiiice. 'Wow, Sebeus.' Love it! Oh, I promise it wasn't me having my eyes closed. But I see several visitors who had one eye closed...

Hmm... I too wonder what's in that cup, but being a Beamter it's probably coffee... and rum, definitely rum. Maybe just rum. Yes.

Thanks for making this, and letting me be part of it. Hope making these comics catches on!

Best regards

KB

That was awesome Capt. Braunsfeld! I recognize that handsome fella with the beard. pirate_blush.gif I didn't realize just how big your harbor is. Incorporating all of your land MoCs including the Governor's Manor. I want to do that at some point. Though I will actually have to build land MoCs for that to be a possibility. pirate_tong.gif

Unfortunately, I could not attend as I had to jump ship at another port to deal with some pesky Islanders far away... Sounds like you lot had fun anyways. Great comic, thanks for attempting to include me!

Note to self: Make sigfig to avoid unwanted clashes with Islanders in the future...

Wow!! This is quite the moc, it has a very nice Classic Pirates look to it which I like. The bank really sticks out...it represents the era very well. Good work!

Dear Captain Braunsfeld,

I'd like to register a complaint. I'm not allowed to the party just because its 'historically incorrect'??!!! pir_wacko.gif

I mean, who cares about history when there are sausages to be had? pirate_laugh_new.gif

... Needless to say - I absolutely like the comic - looking forward to a sequel where I'm allowed in.

BRICK ON!

Yours faithfully

The medieval Loves Houses

I tried to count the monkeys, but I am not sure. I thinks there are 6 monkeys and a quarter monkey in pic no 7 in the right sight???????

Well, I probably don't know myself pirate_laugh_new.gif

There is one monkey on the beach who appears several times (and gets painted and Redblade plays with it).

One is on the right roof of the palace.

I like the crane a lot and it's pretty cool how you gave it an old LEGO look.

Ahoy, Behemoth. Sorry, I cannot take credit for the crane. It's from a book by Megan Rothrock (Lego Adventure Book), which she luckily signed when she was at a LEGO show in Cologne.

(and I am a Purist MOCer myself pirate_laugh2.gif )

And now for something completely different:

I was able to add the final pages to the comic presented before.

Drumroll: The VISIT II: (again with a strong focus on historical correctness)

thevisit_ii-1small.jpg

thevisit_ii-2small.jpg

thevisit_ii-3small.jpg

thevisit_ii-4small.jpg

thevisit_ii-5small.jpg

pirate_laugh2.gifpir_laugh2.gifpirate_satisfied.gifpirate_laugh_new.gif

Ok, enough of this - I need to work on the harbour and its buildings.

Bye!

Haha, 'Kiss the dog'!?! Only in Austria... pirate_laugh2.gif

I want a cup of rum so badly now... and cake, I want cake!

Well done, Captain!

Regards,

KB

PS. What are your plans for the harbor?

Nice work,

I like the blackcoats, they nice, what torso did you use for them? Or did you make them with a decal?