Sign in to follow this  
Disco86

Imperial Fort

[pid][/pid] 251D

This model was built for the Store Showcase in Wiesbaden (Germany). I decided to build a new theme, and because I always favor to build themes from my childhood I think it was time for some Pirates. But I am also a castle builder and I found these blue-jacket soldiers in the stores figure box, so I wanted to build anything that was like the old Imperial Soldiers sets. I got my inspiration from the sets "Eldorado Fortress" (6276) and the "Armada Flagship" (6280).

Building time: 70 hours

Bricks: 24.000

14322677556_9470942490_c.jpg

14365995973_6438268fc7_c.jpg

14159212800_cde4084bea_n.jpg14159316247_0ddaa6f639_n.jpg14344204212_6333e97916_n.jpg14345811975_a4f31c92f5_n.jpg14365995023_95bba38815_n.jpg14159152019_dbdd1a96e1_n.jpg14322677796_4a6298ac3d_n.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting :pir-sweet:

That is a really nice fort! I was actually just wondering the other day what a mix of masonry bricks and tiles would look like for old walls pirate_classic.gif Turns out it looks pretty great, thanks for clearing that up pirate_classic.gif It has a lot of nice details, i like the "filler" in the walls and under the floors, and the beams sticking out of the walls. Overall it looks really nice and smooth, and I like that it doesn't feel like you tried to squeeze too much in there. And the courtyard just looks nice pirate_classic.gif

Always a fan of a good fort, and yours is great. All these small details, your use of colors, the scenery... I really like it a lot. pirate_wubnew.gif Makes me want to travel to Wiesbaden to see it in real.

The ship could use a little work with the masts and sails, but that's just nitpicking pirate_laugh2.gif

I can only politely suggest to keep building 'Pirates', please please please!

Best regards

Cool on many levels literally, the dungeon complete with the villain in irons. This whole Dio is just outstanding, great work!

I really like the walls technique. Hope to see something like that in official sets pirate_satisfied.gif

The water is great too. There is lots of details and nice touch! But we did get a closeup of the bare naked torso minifig upstair pirate_laugh2.gif

Amazing MOC with many great details. I especially like the water and the beach.

This is a great MOC, I love all of it but my favourite bit is the water. What did you put under those trans-blue tiles to achieve that depth effect?

Very nice work!

I have to admit that this (although too many parts) is what I secretly hope for in the "New Pirate Theme" discussions. pirate_satisfied.gif

I have to admit that this (although too many parts) is what I secretly hope for in the "New Pirate Theme" discussions. pirate_satisfied.gif

Me too... I really like that architecture style pirate_classic.gif

Great. If someone needs a reference on how to take the Eldorado Fortress to the 2010s then THIS IS IT!

Congratulations, this is outstanding.

The seagull, the waves, the beach, the rocks - and the fantastic fortress.

And the cross-section through the whole building is also very fine indeed!

Thanks a lot for this enourmous positive feedback, really appreciate that. Glad you like my model !

Makes me want to travel to Wiesbaden to see it in real.The ship could use a little work with the masts and sails, but that's just nitpicking

Then gert on the road and come to Wiesbaden, going to display it after Tuesday the 10th of June. No problem about criticising the ship, it was build in a hurry and it did not come out perfect.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Special thanks for blogging, I am feeling honored pirate_satisfied.gif

But we did get a closeup of the bare naked torso minifig upstair pirate_laugh2.gif

I just want to make sure that people under 18 could have a look at it pirate_laugh_new.gif

This is a great MOC, I love all of it but my favourite bit is the water. What did you put under those trans-blue tiles to achieve that depth effect?

Simple answer, I got a pic

14047724845_b72ee1b01e_n.jpg

The ship is quite strange for me (proportions)

Yep, was a mistake to not work on it until it is perfect...

Simple answer, I got a pic

Thanks for that, I will give it a go some time as the effect is superb

This is something extraordinary. It is all around perfection but I love the details you used on the walls. Very very well done, great job.

Excellent job! The fort especially is one of the best I've seen!

I've got a question, if you don't mind revealing a secret. I've gotten a problem on my own town's construction, that the pieces that I need for one of my roofs are obnoxiously expensive (if I go that route, I'll be dropping about $300 on just one roof), so I was curious as to how you anchored the angled roof in this set, and if it's removeable.

Thanks for your positive feedback ! Seems like I have to build Pirates again :)

so I was curious as to how you anchored the angled roof in this set, and if it's removeable.

The roof is not anchored, it just holds in place by gravity, but it would be possible to angle it. Just need to enlarge one of the brown plates to the inside, then you can put somthin in there like hinge bricks or a technic construction for holding it in place.