Sign in to follow this  
Captain Braunsfeld

MOC: Olivander - Pirate Style

[pid][/pid] 251A

Ahoy,

I've been working on something recently that has been neglected for quite a while but might come to (new) life now: a pirate house (I think of turning it into a gun shop).

olivander-piratestyle3.jpg

As you can see, this is based on the TLG model of Olivander's shop. I was quite fond of building the Diagon Alley set but - a bit to my surprise - my kids could not have cared less about that set.

Nobody in out home has ever spent a single second playing with the three buildings (or at least with one of them). :pir-look: (... but they do play with Hogwarts, etc.)

Still the design was fascinating, well done. So I figured it must be about the colour scheme.

olivander-piratestyle4.jpg

I kept the roof "as is" and added that standard pirate/red coat building colour scheme.

And this will soon find a place in the harbour scene that I am working on.

olivander-piratestyle5.jpg

(Next post will be a ship again) :pir-grin:

Buildings like this are defenitely under-represented, I made some small pirate-town buildings as well recently (not yet posted).

I'm looking forward to that harbor scene pirate_classic.gif .

I never payed any attention to that set!! I will have to go back and take a look now for copying the designs!!!

Thanks for this, it's a nice MOC. I'm surprised how nice it looks in bright colours too! :thumbup:

I like it, as mentioned earlier there is a lot of ships but really a small amount of buidlings. So well done