[pid][/pid] 251B

Hello again !

I had not wrote a new thread here since months ... The blame for this has been what I brought in hand from about makes about 6 - 8 months...

I present to you this diorama seen at LEGO Catbrick Event in Barcelona.

image.png

The Fortress of Santa Catalina, located in Puerto Rico, in the heart of the Caribbean. Erected in the sixteenth century, was the first fortification built to defend the city of San Juan and the first in a series of military forts. Construction was authorized by King Carlos I of Spain as a protection against the attacks of indians, corsairs and pirates.

Eastern tower section.

Jungle and river.

Pirate prisioner on courtyard.

For its construction I used about 35,000 pieces.

In theory it is not right either a MOC, I should label it as a WIP, because the original project is a quarter of a much larger diorama than this. This portion, is 6 x 4 baseplates and the final project will occupy 12 x 8 baseplates. Gradually I will try to finish it.

I 'm uploading to flickr the rest of the gallery, so I recommend that you see there the rest of photos and see the details. (If you click on image you will be redirected to flickr)

I wish you enjoy it!

A greeting!

EDIT: I add more photos! pir_laugh2.gif

Wow, that looks fantastic! I love your color scheme, and a great level of details, not too much going on and not too little pirate_classic.gif Nice layout too, and good use of BURPs!

Edited by emilstorm

That is a spectacular diorama Petoriano.

I think the roof tiles and wave crests are particularly well done.

A question - how do you move that?

Edited by ummester

Thank you guys for comments! :pir-sweet:

A question - how do you move that?

Well, it's a little bit complicated. It divides into 3 parts. Two of them with 4 x 2 baseplates sections and other one in 2 x 2 baseplates section and the others with individual baseplates. Then to move it is needed a van ( so it's impossible to put into a car :pir-cry_sad: ) and I have three wooden planks to put the sections above.

Regards!

This is truly spectacular! Such level of detail, some pictures in your flickr stream really blew me off my feet.pirate_oh.gif I'm especially fond of your wall design with all those various decorations, holes, and whatnot. And when you say there's more to come! wub_drool.gif

Great work, looking forward for more.

Best regards

Stunning work! Your building techniques and ability are amazing! I clicked on the the picture, but it did not take me to your flickr gallery. Only to the picture itself. Anyway you could provide a link to your gallery?

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I clicked on the the picture, but it did not take me to your flickr gallery. Only to the picture itself. Anyway you could provide a link to your gallery?

I'm so sorry about it! I thinked that I putted it witk flickr link. Here you have the full galery -> https://www.flickr.c...57644439214800/

Anyway I will edit first post to put more photos. pirate_satisfied.gif

Thank you for all comments. I'm very happy to read them and they encourage me to continuate the diorama!

Edited by pretoriano

One of the best forts I've ever seen. I love the scale, texture, footprint, pier, and other details. Really great work. The level of vegetation is also nicely balanced. Again great work! God Bless and thanks for sharing,

Nathan

Very nice, makes me want to try a fort of my own, I like the angled walls a lot pirate_classic.gif .

Great work in every way, wish i can do something like that one day :-)

How many bluecoats/revolutionarys are there??

I'm very glad to see general moc comments. Thank you guys!

Great work in every way, wish i can do something like that one day :-)

How many bluecoats/revolutionarys are there??

Hi Chofus!

There are 21 revolutionary soldiers, all of them customed with bags, hats, epaulettes and diferent minifigs heads. In fact, there isn't soldier with same face! pirate_tong.gif

On the courtyard you will see the Governor exiting from barraks and the Almirant ordering to a soldier that opens the main door because an exploration troop is coming.to fortress.

After seeing those 4 pictures which you have shared I really want to see a lot more from this stunning fortress!

This is one of the best imperial fortresses I've ever seen, love to see more of it.

Hello again!

My friend and LUG colleague Celesmen has published this video about my creation. I share it with you. I hope you enjoy it and don't forget to turn up the volume!

Postscript: The Wallie you see in the jungle is a competition event.

Edited by pretoriano

Fantastic! The fort looks great, from the detailed walls to the amazing roofs, well done!

This is the reason why I joined.

I absolutely loved the first time I've seen this work.

Every time I discover new details is a pleasure to watch the youtube video.

Beautiful I make so many compliments. pir_laugh2.gif

Edited by TheMomiX

Wow! This is amazing! I love the overall look of it, and it's filled with all kinds of cool details. I Especially like the roof technique and the walls. They look inpenetrable. pirate_classic.gif

Great work!