Sign in to follow this  
Ltfalcon

My first MOC

pirates-indexed.gif 162C

I wanted a pirate ship and thought I'd try to build one, this is my first attempt.

Thinking about calling her Halia, but I'm still on the fence with the name.

Captained by "Deadeye Dave"

Added more pictures and upgrades in the below replies,

Thanks for looking,

71E5FDA8-3355-43F2-8D5B-21F5CBD6AA0D.jpg

EB3B3136-A6D3-4D3C-AB92-ECE22713EE01.jpg

7118C5E4-B381-48DB-BCAB-99C55F890B86.jpg

27B631BB-FC62-4973-9243-4E546C33AD58.jpg

5883E084-93D2-4D21-AFFF-9178D3407F9E.jpg

78E0FE2F-E64E-47D0-B7EC-E088BFD5DC7D.jpg

Linstock in hand "FIRE"

8A91AEA1-6920-4FAD-92AA-783765D0F2D2.jpg

KABOOM Kaboom boom

B239BB71-A6E0-49B8-B5FE-F8AA99733A70.jpg

Wow, I don't know anything about pirate ships, but even to me un-experienced eye that is Impressive. It looks great with the tiles.

But maybe you could take more pictures? So we could see it better. Never mind Thanks

Edited by lego3364

Looks great Ltfalcon! The cloth you did your shoot on is perfect. At first glance I thought you had put the ship on water. I'm unfamiliar with the mast bits with all the pin holes used as your sprit and top masts. What set did those come in? I would love some close ups. It looks like you have custom cannon. I also wonder if the roof of the cabin comes off. Excellent build and brick on!

Thanks for the great replies!

Mr Townsend,

It's actually sitting on our trampoline. The sails were custom made from cloth, and yes the cabin roof comes off.

Thanks again,

David

Very neat little build David. It very much has the look of an official TLG boat, with much better organised colors and trimming details.

I'm also interested in where the mast sections and anchors came from - I don't think I've seen either part before.

Very neat little build David. It very much has the look of an official TLG boat, with much better organised colors and trimming details.

Exactly what I was thinking, it's very nice and good to see something that's a similar size to official sets.

Thank you all for the great replies,

Yes I drew inspiration from Brick Beards Bounty as it is my favorite shelf kit. It has a good size and look. I wanted to keep the stock kit look slightly kicked up a notch. I also wanted it to have its own look and style as though it were a newly designed kit.

Thanks again,

Thank you,

Captain Braunsfeld and Cousarmy0001 for the great replies.

I posted links to additional pictures.

Thanks again everyone! Arghhh

Nice MOC! The colourscheme makes it look realistic yet the design is very classic Lego-ish. I like it.

However, could you please reduce the size of your images? Our max. allowed is 600X800 pixles. Thanks in forward pirate_classic.gif

Very fine MOC, especially for a first one! If this were to be an official set, I'd buy it immediately.

Great work, keep it up!

Regards

Ah, more pictures - very good.

The crew looks good, great individuals.

And the balcony at the rear (that's probably not the correct nautical term, but this is not my first language, so...) is also well done!

I love how this ship looks like it can work with every ship released by TLG!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Great MOC mate!!!

I totally love the ship and the minifigs. I like that ship has 4 cannons in the same way as BSB

I see there are a pirate with a brown bandana in the rigging. I have noticed too about the pirate woman that has long hair and violet bandana. Could someone tell me the origin of that accesories(brown bandana, long dark hair with violet bandana)?

In any case your MOC is great, congrats

Edited by Captain Roger

Thank you all, Military freak, Admiral Croissant, Kolonial Beamter, Captain Bransfeld, Thunder Warrior, For all the great replies!

A special Thank You to yys4u for Front Paging her on Classic-Pirates.com I'm honored and I greatly appreciate it.

As you mentioned the ship's name is still in question, I originally wanted to call her Calypso, but it's been used before. Halia (Ha-Lee-a) which is another Greek sea nymph sounds more Norse. Any suggestions would also be appreciated.

After discussing with my son he suggested I find a more ominous name after all it's a pirate ship and the name should strike fear. I've finally decided to name her "Vengeance"

Captain Roger, the purple bandana with coins is from the series 9 fortune teller mini figure. I'm not sure about brown bandana.

Thanks again everyone!

Edited by Ltfalcon

Slightly tweaked the Poop Deck, added front hand rail, it seemed natural.

Thanks for looking.

4B8ED885-5A95-4329-8F55-797B783395C5.jpg

Edited by Ltfalcon

Updated:

Added mid section, rebuilt the complete bow with fore castle, added 4 more cannons, added mizzen mast, and added spirit sail.

The now complete galleon "Vengeance" "Avast ye mates"

53C6C0C8-BCC4-452F-91B7-C8619F7A96A4.jpg

803BF533-D924-4154-A504-AB073B035A71.jpg

EC762414-0296-461C-A3FB-69DDE5A464E5.jpg

A5617505-BCF4-46C2-B5DE-0883F293966C.jpg

Edited by Ltfalcon

Excellent work Ltfalcon!! This ship has many great features, I must say that the deck on the stern of the boat really sticks out and I like it. My only suggestion is to add smooth tiles to the decks of the ship for a little more "refined" look. Overall, a job well done!

Excellent work Ltfalcon!! This ship has many great features, I must say that the deck on the stern of the boat really sticks out and I like it. My only suggestion is to add smooth tiles to the decks of the ship for a little more "refined" look. Overall, a job well done!

Ratshot Thanks for the great advice, I added smooths tiles to all the decks and it looks great, check it out yourself.

CDD7601F-17B0-48E2-A21C-242F7274CBDD.jpg

171E5B7F-3706-4897-A52B-EB22335711CD.jpg

EC26C10D-57F7-4945-8EBC-2A0A6B229C7E.jpg

Edited by Ltfalcon

Really like this! Has a classic lego vibe, but polished up in MOC style. Particularly liked the railings on the quarterdeck.