[pid][/pid] 161B

This is my first ship, the HMS Lily, which is an exploration ship inspired by the real HMS Challenger. It was kitted out with exploration kit to find out how deep the ocean was, and to dredge it to find out what (if anything) lived down there.

In my model I've got enough beds and living area for the 6 crew, plus the lab area with all the samples they've collected.

14173544243_7aa19c2e64_c.jpg

14130309046_f9aa931bdf_c.jpg

Overview of the hold, with the cooking equipment, table, and the laboratory at the end.

13966961419_fbaa39f71e_c.jpg

A strange bird head in a jar, and a taxidermied dog of some variety.

13966970080_c7a07d293b_c.jpg

The stern cabin, where the captain and wife sleep.

13966988180_25274f55f7_c.jpg

14153793744_fc19974089_c.jpg

Left to right: Captain, his wife, zoologist, biologist, and two sailors. In the real HMS Challenger, there were over 200 crew and three scientists. (!)

14150746462_24a2e77c44_c.jpg

More detail pics are available on Flickr. Also a bit more history on the HMS Challenger, which I think was super cool.

I should make a proper warship next!

Very nice! I like the crew. Great small ship!

This is amazing, as I said for Sebeus, the small ships are the hardest to build. Yours looks like an original lego kit, the completely playable hold is great (the dog and the other items are very interesting) and the horse as figurehead surprised me because his body hidden in the bow takes a lot of place, so with a different figurehead you could have the chance to get an extra room.. I mean, the space available in that hull is very poor but you had enough to hide more than an half horse!

Interesting thing you made this moc without any weapon in this forum ruled by redcoats vs bluecoats vs armada vs pirates etc.. I don't mean to offend any other user (I'm a bluecoats supporter myself), but it's nice to see a "simple" ship anytime, even if called HMS.

Very nice exploration ship. Did you build the bow around the horse?

Lovely little ship, and one of the rare ones with a meaningful, humane purpose, exploration.

I really like the way you included the horse as a figure head. The inclusion into a painting seems to become a new standard...

Good job, keep it up!

Thank you all for the kind words, means a lot to a first time shipwright like myself.

I mean, the space available in that hull is very poor but you had enough to hide more than an half horse!

The ship hulls are actually surprisingly spacious once you take out all the cannons!

Nicely done, I love the way you integrated the horse in the prow.

You clearly know how to optimize the usable space in a small ship such as this.

I'm looking forward to that warship pirate_classic.gif .

Love the crew! and I love these small ships, very clever.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks YYS4U! The blog (and all the Eurobricks MOCs contained) were a main inspiration source for me, I'm proud to be included :)