thebrickbin

Winter Village: Skate Chalet

Hello everyone!

Here is my entry for the Expand the Winter Village Contest VI:

24007777241_1b770228d0_b.jpg

Winter Village Skate Chalet by Chris Perron, on Flickr

A warm place to go for mini-figs to rent skates, buy hot chocolate and cookies and spend time with their families and friends during winter. Comes with a lamp post and an outdoor fire pit.

24007777121_b246292bfc_b.jpg

The back is open and the building footprint is angled to create visual interest and add playing access.

24090372955_8f87d77425_b.jpg

Worker makes sure to keep the rental skates sharp!

24064294736_3531769551_b.jpg

Sometimes you need a helping hand to get your skates on!

23462137564_e0de029b19_b.jpg

Cookies are expensive. No change.

I hope you all enjoy my entry! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

-Chris

I like the personality of this build. I enjoyed the color scheme and the angularity of the structure. Is the white hinge plate the only element holding each section together, or is there some snow out front that reinforces the connection?

Very nice! A very good business to be added to the Winter Village. Size, colors and design great!

Good luck in the contest!

Happy New Year!

Andy D

Really like this one. Very much in keeping with the official sets (always really important in my opinion!) Great use of colour and the angled building as in Santa's Workshop. Best of luck in the compo :classic:

I like the personality of this build. I enjoyed the color scheme and the angularity of the structure. Is the white hinge plate the only element holding each section together, or is there some snow out front that reinforces the connection?

There is another set of those hinge plates underneath the floor (the brown plates are raised an extra plate) which open up the opposite direction so that it can't move. The snow has some wedge plates that line up with it and those are just extra support to hold it all in place. It's pretty strong once all together! :)

Thanks for the comments!

nice work. i like the angles in the back, especially since they look like they can attach to a baseplace as is, unlike santas workshop. really like the firepit, too. all it needs is some people with marshmallows.

I like the color combination of the exterior of the chalet. It looks great together .On the other side, the interior is well built as well. I like the cookie selling booth as well as the ice-skate sharpening booth. The angled floor looks great.

This 'bow' like plan seems to be popular for WV buldings this year. Well it definitely works great for this one. I like how the roof is executed on the back side to reveal the most of the interior while remaining pleasantly designed. Good luck in the contest!

This is my vote for top build in the contest. I really liked all of them but I think this would fit in perfectly with the Winter Village and and even though small ice rinks already exist building one is very easy. My favorite detail is the skate sharpener but overall I think the size and functionality of the set fit in with the other sets perfectly and would make the perfect addition, now just send a letter to Lego if you end up winning and see if they would build it, I know you would't get any money out of it but it would still be great to see this as a licensed set. Good luck with the competition.

I like the architecture, color scheme and details : simple but very well designed ! Very good job here!

Can you tell me how do you take those pictures, especially what kind of light ? (lamps position and power, color temperature ...) :)

Edited by sebitsena

One of the bests in my opinion! The skate sharpener is brilliant and I like how its size and style matches the official sets', good luck!

Oops, forgot to comment on this one.

Shame on me, for it is one of my favourites.

Both size- and atmosphere-wise it is a perfect fit for the Winter village.

Great colours, and a lovely idea.

Only thing missing is a light brick :grin:

Best of luck, and keep clicking those bricks together!

I really like the clean lines on this. It feels very true to Winter Village sets.

Really great build. I agree this fits in well with the offical sets. Love the interior details and that sharpening stone!!