Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#1: Harvest Time

~This topic is meant only for the players who have been chosen to participate into this quest. If you wish to join the game, head to the

Rules & Discussion topic to learn how to do so.~

heroicaquest1.jpg

Six aspiring heroes left Heroica Hall and Eubric Freeport behind and headed to the rolling fields outside the city. They were supposed to meet the spokesperson to the local farmers, Old Mack Donauld, at his farm. These six champions were:

ava-bartholomew.pngBartholomew Docken (played by Brickdoctor)

Level 1 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power: 4

Health: 6/6

Gold: 5

Inventory: Longbow (WP: 3), Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

019.JPGSir Christopher Daggerfall (played by Fred Fred Burger)

Level 1 Knight

Power:4

Health:10/10

Gold:0

Inventory: Shining Greatsword (WP:3), Shield with Crown Emblem(SP:2), Bedroll, 2 Potions

6042579809_6e41d8c052_t.jpgJess Islanti (played by cralegoboy)

Level 1 Rogue

Health: 7/7

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 3), 2 Venoms, Potion

ava-tesni.jpgTesni Hightribe (played by Peppermint_M)

Level 1 Barbarian

Health: 8/8

Gold: 10

Inventory: Cryfder (WP:3), Potion, Mead

thrain_small.jpgThrain Longbeard (played by Lego Pinocchio)

Level 1 Knight

Health: 10/10

Gold: 10

Inventory: Dwarf Sword (WP: 3), Shield (SP: 2), Potion

heroica_character_avatar.pngTomas (played by Captain Tamamono)

Level 1 Cleric

Health: 9/9

Ether: 5/5

Inventory: Gold Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Remedy, Bedroll

Upon arriving to the farm, they meet Old Mack in front of his house. The elderly farmer has a worried expression on his face. The pig and the chicken accompanying him make nervous voices as well.

heroicaquest1-mackdonauld.jpg

"Well met, would-be heroes. So, you're the ones who think they can rid our fields from the beasts plaguing them? Well, it's easier said than done. There are five important fields around this farm here, each infested by different monsters. I need you to save at least three of the five fields in order for us to keep sending resources to the city. Remember that a ruined field can take years to become useful again. A field is ruined if one of these things happens:

~ Any task given fails.

~ A battle lasts more than four rounds.

~ Fire is used during battle.

To make it clear as goat's balls, if three or more fields are ruined, you will not get the promised reward, got it?"

Then the geezer went on to explain the situation in each field in more detail.

heroicaquest1-farm.jpg

"The five fields surrounding the farm are:

1. Sheep Meadow

~ You must find the Direwolf hiding among the twelve sheep. Each time one of you catches a normal sheep, the Direwolf eats another sheep. If six sheep get eaten before the beast is captured, the field is ruined.

2. Corn Maze

~ You must navigate through the corn maze to find the possessed Scarecrow. If you return to the entrance two times before the monster is slain, the field is ruined.

3. Haystacks

~ You must search through nine haystacks to find three Battle Ants. The ants have also hidden three Fire Bombs into the haystacks that will go off if the stack is searched. The ants must be found before the three bombs, or the field is ruined.

4. Apple Orchard

~ You must find the Autumn Dryad hiding up in one six apple trees. Each time you climb the wrong tree, the dryad withers the tree she was hiding in and moves onto another. If the dryad withers four trees, the field is ruined.

5. Pumpkin Patch

~ One of the seven huge pumpkins is a monster called Pumpkinface. They must squash the pumpkins until they find it. If four pumpkins are squashed before finding the monster, the field is ruined.

So, now you must choose which field you try to save first. Needless to say, you must move as a group to have any hope in defeating the monsters - they're really tough. So, any questions from you lot?"

Old Mack Donauld stares at the party under the brim of his hat expectingly.

Pumpkin Patch is fine with me.

Do we have to wait for all six players to reply before we start?

"I'd like to motion that we can go somewhere after we reach four out of six votes for the place, so that we don't have to wait all day to go somewhere because some people are too shy to speak up."

While we're waiting, maybe we should discuss which field to go to second. I'd prefer to leave the maze and the haystacks alone for now, and of the sheep and the orchard, I think we have a better chance of finding the Dryad.

"Agreed. The dryad would be slightly easier to find," Jess replied thoughtfully.

The old farmer suddenly jumps.

"Ah, sorry! I must've fallen asleep right here on my feet! Silly me... Now, the Pumpkin Patch, you say? I'll take you there."

heroicaquest1-pumpkinpatch.jpg

"This is it, my prized giant pumpkin patch. One of these is a monster called Pumpkinhead, but the only way I know of to tell it from the others is trying to squash it. Once you do that, it will attack you. Be careful, though, if you squash four normal pumpkins, this patch will be ruined. You can go on to fight the monster anyway, I know how much your types love experience points and items."

The heroes looked at the seven big pumpkins sitting on the dirt. Which one to squash first? They would have to make a bold choice.

Bold choice, eh? I suppose this means we go for one of the pumpkins with darker markings? I say we go for the one at the far left of the foreground row. What about you guys?

"I agree; the pumpkins with the darker marks are more likely to be monsters. The darkest ones are the front row left one and the back row middle one, but the front row left one seems slightly darker, so I say we squish that one."

The party has reached a concensus that the first pumpkin from the left in the front row is a good one to start with. Bartholomew places an arrow to his longbow, and shoots the chosen pumpkin.

*SQUASH*

The pumpkin shatters to pieces, but no monster emerges. Six pumpkins remain.

"I personally think the middle one in the back row is the most likely to be the monster, but if everyone else wants to smash the second from right on the first row, that's okay with me as well."

The middle of the back row may be a deception but then a monster might hide further from sight, I believe the monster hides there within a bolder darker pumpkin.

The heroes looked at the seven big pumpkins sitting on the dirt. Which one to squash first? They would have to make a bold choice.

I have thoughts as to why they may my friend.