mo123567

Collectable Minifigure Sightings & Availability

Please post your collectable minifigure sightings.

Series 11 starts on page 10.

Edited by mo123567
Indexed

This thread is a great idea. Personally, I've always preferred more regional specific sightings threads.

With any luck S9 will hit Fred Meyers first here in the Northwest, like the last couple of CMF series have. Being able to hit a store that opens before I go to work is a nice bonus.

I rang the Lego store in Manchester Arndale (UK) today asking when they will be released and she said January 1st (and not before). They had series 8 a month before they were released in other shops but I'm hoping they will pop up in other shops just before Christmas. Thanks for starting this thread i'll be watching it like a hawk.

This is a good idea for a thread. I think the best way is to update the first post with each regional sighting. Otherwise the readers would still have to wade through pages of discussion.

I will keep my eye out in stores and this topic for sightings. Unfortunately, CMFs here usually come out 3-4 weeks after the official date.

This thread is a great idea. Personally, I've always preferred more regional specific sightings threads.

With any luck S9 will hit Fred Meyers first here in the Northwest, like the last couple of CMF series have. Being able to hit a store that opens before I go to work is a nice bonus.

Yeah, Fred Meyers, here in the northwest, has been great for CMF collectors. I make a point of finding any excuse to shop there during minifig release season so I can keep checking. The problem is that I am surrounded by 5 of these stores in my area and they don't always have the same stock so I drive my wife crazy with multi store Fred Meyer trips.

This is a good idea for a thread. I think the best way is to update the first post with each regional sighting. Otherwise the readers would still have to wade through pages of discussion.

I will keep my eye out in stores and this topic for sightings. Unfortunately, CMFs here usually come out 3-4 weeks after the official date.

I was hoping to limit discussion in this thread but then the thread might be forgotten on the 2nd or 3rd page. If it is out of sight then it will probably be out of mind so people might not think to update us on their sightings. I will try to keep the first post updated.

So is this still going? I haven't actually collected any of the minifig sets yet but I might start with series 9.

Edited by FGRaptor

Given how much S8 I still see around, I have to think it will at least be another month or two before S9 hits.

There was a TON of Series 2 available when Series 3 but, and uncountable Series 3 when 4 hit. I don't think the amount of minifigs on the shelves is a good indicator of when the next set will show itself.

Edited by MaxGoof

There was a TON of Series 2 available when Series 3 but, and uncountable Series 3 when 4 hit. I don't think the amount of minifigs on the shelves is a good indicator of when the next set will show itself.

It is since stores won't re-order an item they already have a number of around here.

Your mileage may vary. I agree that there have been leftover cases of the last series appear when a current series is on the shelf, but that's usually in the form of one case or one side aisle wing. With Fred Meyers stores here still holding 3-4 cases of S8, I don't see them ordering new product just yet. When Freddies got S8 in, they had no S7 at any of the locations - it had been long gone. Although maybe Freddies won't be the first place to get the CMF this time... maybe it will be Walmart or Target.

I'm curious... has there been a pattern of what series hit in what areas? I remember the year that they hit in the Pacific Northwest first (wasn't that Series 3?), and it certainly seems that in some series (6 comes to mind) they landed in Europe before the US. We certainly seemed to have gotten Series 8 first here on the East Coast in the US, so I'm anticipating that Series 9 will touch down elsewhere first.

But, again, the real question is-- has there been any predictable patterns in terms of which regions land the CMF series first?

Well in my area South of UK (Dorset.) the stores seem to be either out of series 8 or selling them off rather cheap. Annoyingly the only one that seems to have loads (Probably as they have not reduced the price.) is the one I frequent the most. Still it means I am still able to add to my squad of female aliens and evil robots, not to mention the odd Santa for the snow corner. But yes bring on Series 9 I say. I have not seen any around yet though.

It is since stores won't re-order an item they already have a number of around here.

Your mileage may vary. I agree that there have been leftover cases of the last series appear when a current series is on the shelf, but that's usually in the form of one case or one side aisle wing. With Fred Meyers stores here still holding 3-4 cases of S8, I don't see them ordering new product just yet. When Freddies got S8 in, they had no S7 at any of the locations - it had been long gone. Although maybe Freddies won't be the first place to get the CMF this time... maybe it will be Walmart or Target.

The Fred Meyers by me carry multiple series. There is one location which just got a bunch of new boxes of series 7 and they still have series 8. I fully expect to see series 9 at Fred Meyers before the end of the year regardless of series 8 or 7 stock. It's just like any other lego brand. I see new Star Wars and LOTR sets right next to the older ones.

I'm not exactly sure what you just said.

I guess he said that he had seen series 9 minifigures in a WHSmith shop in Ipswich, Suffolk county.

I did ask if the Series 9 were on the way at my local toy store today, but they said that they were not even aware of them being released and have not ordered any yet.

I went to my local TRU today and I saw some new 2013 sets (Legend of Chima, Ninjago, Star Wars, and Super Heroes), but I never see any Series 9 boxes. I hope maybe Dec 20, 2012 will be available just like when I first bought 4 Series 8.

I bought 22 S9s at WH Smith, Oxford Street, London today. But I know that a fellow Eurobricker was hot on my heels and bought loads soon after I left. So I'm not sure how many they still have.