Sorry to all, probably shouldn't have replied directly to Lost_In_Noise's pictorial review since it contains a lot of images...not sure if or how I can delete the entire reply to his pictorial review topic. Pardon my ignorance and anybody with moderation status can move or delete it if necessary due to space constraints of all the images, but here is my reply to this model:

This topic was from last August by Lost_In_Noise:

I recently bought this set MISB and I am wondering what your thoughts are on the alternate model? Or as I am fairly sure many others in this forum own this set as well, is the main or alternate model better? I rather like the looks of the alternate, but really bought it for the main model...

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Edited by TechnicFreak

Personally I like the main model slightly better, but since you have the set, why not simply build both and decide for yourself?

I would, but with the tons of pneumatic connections, it could be a chore to take apart and rebuild, but in the end I'll probably build the alternate, see if its cool, then if not build the main, too bad I couldn't get 2 of them, but being a vintage model and MISB, it was rather pricey...

It's just 2 cylinders and a pump. Not that much work really. You'll soon get the hang of it :wink:

@Jetro- yeah I could but it seem to have a lot of different lengths of tubing so assumed it would be a real pain to take apart and rebuild. I dismantled my 8455 Backhoe Loader once and that was a lot of fun...