Sign in to follow this  
Inconspicuous

Meeting Yoda

After a week of hard work, I finally present my Small Entry- Meeting Yoda. This famous scene from The Empire Strikes Back was Luke's first encounter with the great Jedi Master Yoda. Yoda says some funny and meaningful remarks, and has a comic battle with R2-D2 over a flashlight. In honor of Episode V's anniversary, I gave the scene a go.

Scene Recreation:

4710072659_cde4c9182f.jpg

Here's a (poorly) Photoshopped recreation of the exact scene as best as I could. The only major difference is that here, Luke is standing. I found it impossible to get him to kneel in a way that looked good and was accurate, so I just stood him up.

Overview:

4710711544_7509a3a113.jpg

Here's the entire vignette. It's hard to tell, but the four corner pockets are filled with "bog" water. This didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it, but I'll probably change it later.

Base:

4710711660_9e2b06917d.jpg

Here's the base of the vignette without Luke's camp and the minifigs. The green jumper is for R2. That curved log took me a ridiculously long time, but ended up looking pretty good in my opinion.

Luke's Camp:

4710711764_2e94139f42.jpg

Here's the several parts to Luke's camp. R2's charger is more prominent here than in the movie, but you can see in a few frames that he's plugged into the "lamp". Also note details like Luke's blue food ration tray and the gear box Yoda rummages through.

Top:

4710711974_bd2f98d33c.jpg

There's only a tiny bit of overhang of the trees and the container. Here are moist cotton balls used as fog; this is the other bog method I tried.

More pictures available here, and all pics here are clickable for a larger version.

Thanks for looking, and good luck to all my fellow competitors!

Inky

That's a great entry 'Inky', your week-long hard work seems to have paid off, job well done! pirate_thumbup.gif The vig is instantly recognizable as Dagobah. I also like how the rocks at the corner are tilted at angles - uncommon building technique yet very effective. Good luck in the contest!

Edited by KielDaMan

Wow, inky you nailed this scene. It makes me want to go watch this movie now.

Really awesome work.

Really nice entry Inky!

I like Luke's camp set up you made the look good and using seaweed makes it really look like Dagobah. I think maybe instead of using cotton wool maybe adding some brown and green circle studs so it looks like dirty water.

Nice. Somehoe this sitting Yoda amuses me default_laugh_new.gif . What is the rod-like-piece sticking out of the box?

I think maybe instead of using cotton wool maybe adding some brown and green circle studs so it looks like dirty water.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into the bog some more next week.

What is the rod-like-piece sticking out of the box?

It's a cut and sharpied lever.

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone!

Nice work Inconspicious.

A classic scene which you've caught perfectly.

Good luck.