Sign in to follow this  
caughron01

New Here, Just ordered POTC sets 4181-4184, 4191-4194 very excited

Well it started out with me and my son ordering the Queen Anne 4195, after doing that together we were hooked. I figured it would be a lot of family fun actually for both my boys and the wife and I to sit down and do the whole set together.

So I am going to surprise them next week, I just finished my order on amazon and ordered

4181-4184 and 4191-4194.

Is that all of the Pirates of the Caribbean Sets? Did I miss any?

Here is a video we put together of the Queen Anne build, kind of a little stop animation kinda corny but was neat to make.

Let me know what you guys think about these set and any pointers we may need to know before hand.

Thanks.

Welcome to EB! :classic:

You aren't missing any sets, aside from UK polybags and the like. I don't personally own anything from this theme (that should tell you my opinion on them :pir-tongue:), but you could check out the great review index.

Welcome to Eurobricks, thats a really nice video, my lady was sitting next to me going awww everytime she saw the little one, she now is saying that 'we should have a kid so that i could share my LEGO with it' :pirate_sad2:

to which I replyed, 'err, yeah but wouldn't it be nicer to get our child new sets of there own rather than my old hand me downs'

she gave me a 'yeah right, thats what you mean look' chuckled and went to make breakfast, on the plus side I now have a bacon sandwhich so its shaping up to be a good dayoff.

Your next challenge once you get all the sets is to combine whitecap bay and london escape together to make Port Royal

cheers :pir_laugh2:

Welcome to Eurobricks, thats a really nice video, my lady was sitting next to me going awww everytime she saw the little one, she now is saying that 'we should have a kid so that i could share my LEGO with it' :pirate_sad2:

to which I replyed, 'err, yeah but wouldn't it be nicer to get our child new sets of there own rather than my old hand me downs'

she gave me a 'yeah right, thats what you mean look' chuckled and went to make breakfast, on the plus side I now have a bacon sandwhich so its shaping up to be a good dayoff.

Your next challenge once you get all the sets is to combine whitecap bay and london escape together to make http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56194 Port Royal

cheers :pir_laugh2:

Thank you both for the friendly replies, and SirSeven thank you for the laugh that was hilarious. Kids & Family are so much fun to share this hobby with it would be just too quiet for me without my boys along side helping me out. It is always Great Fun! :pir-sweet:

Agreed a big part of my love for LEGO is the fact that it includes lots of people, my fiance is a fan of the Winter Village sets (she wants them out on display over christmas), my Sister loves the Harry Potter and Sponge Bob sets and both my little brothers are both Star Wars crazy, so its loads of fun to go home to visit and have them all tell me what they've made or what they want and then hear my lady say about how she is excited for the Red Riding Hood in the collectors sets and such.

I haven't got her to buy a set yet but it won't be long, shes also thinking of starting up a blog for 'Ladies in Love with Lego Fans'.

its just a really positive experience all round, still for me you can't beat a pirate set :pir-grin:

cheers

Thats really sweet that you get to share Lego as a whole family event! :pir-sweet: I hope in the future that I can do something similar (although I'm not going to show the missus the video for the same reason as what happened to Sir Sven!), albiet with my own secret collection somewhere thats mine and mine alone! :pir-devil:

Seriously though, it sounds really lovely, you will have to let us know how it all goes! You'll have quite the collection once all those are built!

Welcome to Eurobricks! :thumbup:

Agreed a big part of my love for LEGO is the fact that it includes lots of people, my fiance is a fan of the Winter Village sets (she wants them out on display over christmas), my Sister loves the Harry Potter and Sponge Bob sets and both my little brothers are both Star Wars crazy, so its loads of fun to go home to visit and have them all tell me what they've made or what they want and then hear my lady say about how she is excited for the Red Riding Hood in the collectors sets and such.

I haven't got her to buy a set yet but it won't be long, shes also thinking of starting up a blog for 'Ladies in Love with Lego Fans'.

its just a really positive experience all round, still for me you can't beat a pirate set :pir-grin:

cheers

My Wife loves Harry Potter so she was trying to get me to do that set, but the Boys and I won that fight we are all Pirate fans :pir-grin: I am still breaking the wife into getting into this with us, she's a Girly Girl so this is a little different for her but I know she enjoys it with us.

Thats really sweet that you get to share Lego as a whole family event! :pir-sweet: I hope in the future that I can do something similar (although I'm not going to show the missus the video for the same reason as what happened to Sir Sven!), albiet with my own secret collection somewhere thats mine and mine alone! :pir-devil:

Seriously though, it sounds really lovely, you will have to let us know how it all goes! You'll have quite the collection once all those are built!

Welcome to Eurobricks! :thumbup:

Yes Duck it is definitely going to give us lasting memories of family time together, one day I am sure you will get that Joy out of it. Until till then enjoy the Legos to yourself and not having to share them :pirate_skel1: I will post some updates and pics once we start getting everything. It says maybe the 14th-16th we should start receiving things.

Update-

Received 3 of the 8 todaypost-27201-133186391825.jpg,

the rest arrive tomorrow. We are going to surprise the boys and set them on the table Friday night so when they wake up Saturday morning they see them.

Can't wait to see their faces light up. I will post pics and vids of our build.

I loved the look of these sets when they were first announced, however the price had scared me away a bit. With the discounts that have been going on though I have started picking them up slowly. I do love the designs immensely! Now to suss out getting the Pearl!

I loved the look of these sets when they were first announced, however the price had scared me away a bit. With the discounts that have been going on though I have started picking them up slowly. I do love the designs immensely! Now to suss out getting the Pearl!

I'm with you on the price all in all I got the whole set for $399 online all brand new, not to bad if you compare to what it would have cost new in the store.

Can't wait to get started, the designs are Awesome. The QA looks great. Really good detail.

Black Pearl Stop Animation Build (some of the pictures were a little crappy but you get the idea, it was still fun to make)-

DSC_0023.jpg

My baby playing with his legos,

DSC_0026.jpg

My Older son, brother, and wifey,

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

Edited by caughron01

Love the display of the Fountain of Youth with the Isla de Muerta. I might 'borrow' that idea. One just got to love the minifigs designs in this line. Will you keep them set up like this or will some of the sets return in the boxes? :pir-classic:

Love the display of the Fountain of Youth with the Isla de Muerta. I might 'borrow' that idea. One just got to love the minifigs designs in this line. Will you keep them set up like this or will some of the sets return in the boxes? :pir-classic:

I am going to keep them set up, gotta get a shelf built for them probably my next weekend project. I may end up combining and making Port Royal. Still not sure if I am going to or not though.

cheers

The SO also loves the Winter Village set - so far we have managed to avoid having that dent the pocket. But I guess if I get a pirate ship I may have to get one of those too just to keep the peace.

Welcome to EB and classic-pirates! I would only add that there are 4 polybags for the PotC theme. Here's a link to a list of all the PotC sets:

http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Pirates%20of%20the%20Caribbean

And there's a "battle pack" with a few figs that you already have from the main sets. My advice is just stick with the main boxed sets; you aren't missing out on anything, unless you really like the voodoo jack sparrow. Of all the polybags and the battle pack, only the voodoo jack sparrow has anything unique to offer.

Have fun making pirate stuff and make sure to share!

I am going to keep them set up, gotta get a shelf built for them probably my next weekend project. I may end up combining and making Port Royal. Still not sure if I am going to or not though.

Oh come on... you know you're just going to buy another WhiteCap Bay and London Escape to make the Port Royal!

Oh come on... you know you're just going to buy another WhiteCap Bay and London Escape to make the Port Royal!

I also have the same dilemma. :)

I would love to, but I don't think I will... That one is a toss up. Gotta justify to the Miss spending more on 2 sets I have already to make something else out of it lol.

Any idea how many peices are left over if I do this?

Welcome to Eurobricks! A great way to introduce yourself to this form! I really enjoy all of the POTC sets and have bought them all as well. In the future you may even see yourself buying duplicates of your favorites so you can build even more. :pir_laugh2:

Welcome to Eurobricks! A great way to introduce yourself to this form! I really enjoy all of the POTC sets and have bought them all as well. In the future you may even see yourself buying duplicates of your favorites so you can build even more. :pir_laugh2:

Thanks Hiawatha for the welcome. We had alot of fun and there is definitely more Legos in our Familys Future. Not sure which sets we will start getting next but for sure more will be coming.

Seeing all of these together makes me want to build up all of mine.

I'm with you on the price all in all I got the whole set for $399 online all brand new, not to bad if you compare to what it would have cost new

Ebay?

eBay was high, I bought Queen Anne on eBay for $95 and everything else on Amazon. All brand new sealed. Very much worth it in my opinion and the Family and Kids had a blast doing it together.

eBay was high, I bought Queen Anne on eBay for $95 and everything else on Amazon. All brand new sealed. Very much worth it in my opinion and the Family and Kids had a blast doing it together.

I assume you got some sets at below the normal price. I'm on my phone right now so I can't do the math, but for all those sets it seems like it'd be more than what you paid.

Welcome to the Eurobricks Forums! I wish I could purchase all of those POTC sets, but at the time I am going through a bit of financial bother. :pir_bawling:

I assume you got some sets at below the normal price. I'm on my phone right now so I can't do the math, but for all those sets it seems like it'd be more than what you paid.

Definitely below retail. All Sealed New.

Ebay-

Queen Annes Revenge- $95

Here are the prices I paid on Amazon,

Black Pearl 4184- Order Total: $89.89

Whitecap Bay 4194 - Order Total: $63.47

The Mill 4183, Fountain of Youth 4192, Cannibal Escape 4182, Isla De Muerta 4181- Order Total: $98.27

London Escape 4193- Order Total: $37.99

Captain's Cabin 4191- Order Total: $13.66

Welcome to the Eurobricks Forums! I wish I could purchase all of those POTC sets, but at the time I am going through a bit of financial bother. :pir_bawling:

Thanks for the welcome, Sorry to hear about the Financial difficulties. They do come around at times and definitely put a squeeze on Fun. Best of luck to you.