KimT

2010 X-Mas Star Wars Photography Contest

"The Eurobricks X-Mas Star Wars Photography Contest 2011"

med_gallery_101_97_334176.jpg

It's time to flash your skills at photography!

The what's and how's:

• Create a Star Wars themed scene using 1 or more minifigs.
  • The scene can be serious, sad, funny or anything you'd like it to be.
  • The scene can be from a Star Wars movie, animated series, cartoon, computer game or entirely made up.
  • It's all about that little "xtra" to the picture - the combination of setup and title that makes you giggle or go "Ooooooh!"
  • Pictures have to be new - no old stuff!
  • Extra points for good lighting & composition!
  • Entries are to be posted within "Watto's Junkyard" and have "Photography Contest Entry" as subtitle.
  • No more than 1 picture with a max size of 800x600 pixels.
  • Link to folder with more pics is allowed
  • Please add the pics to the "Eurobricks Star Wars Forum Contest Pool" on flickr.
  • Entries are to be posted between 23rd and 31st of December - no sooner or later.
  • Only one entry per member.

The prizes will be:

1st place: White Boba Fett Minifig (polybag) + EB Stormtrooper [LINK]

2nd place: Chrome Darth Vader (polybag)

3rd place: Chrome Stormtrooper (polybag)

Unlike our usual contests there will be no vote in this one.

We've got judges this time - Smokebelch and Fenris have agreed to judge the entries.

For inspiration - look in the LEGO Star Wars Photography topic or the LEGO Star Wars Photography Pool.

Great a nice contest that I can enter. As said in the photography thread I have laid aside some time to photograph again so this coincides nicely. :thumbup:

The prizes are great as well. :classic:

What an interesting contest! And what neat prizes! I'll definitely enter something! :sweet: I assume "no more than 1 picture" means we can enter only one entry?

Oh, and shouldn't that be "Contest 2010"? :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Argh! One picture in the entry topic and only entry per member.

Thanks I'll quickly edit that into the first post.

More pics from other angles can be linked, but we want this to be about one picture and not a set or series of picture(s).

:oh: Sounds intresting :classic:

I think It would be good if you clarified the allowences of use of photoshop and picture editing, so that everyone is on the same level for this. I'm sure we'll be seeing some stunning entries :wink:

Cheers Kim (and Stash?) for yet another fun contest :thumbup:

I think It would be good if you clarified the allowences of use of photoshop and picture editing, so that everyone is on the same level for this. I'm sure we'll be seeing some stunning entries :wink:

What would have me clarify?

One fig minimum?

Any photoshopping is ok by me - overdo it and you might be skipped.

As it says, it's all about the setup and getting the judges to go "Ooooooh!"

Darn! I've just ordered myself a nice new camera, but it won't arrive before the end of the contest! :sceptic:

It would have been nice to test out the features in this way.

Oh, well. I'm looking forward to seeing the other entries anyhow!

Thanks I'll quickly edit that into the first post.

Mr. DIA at your service! :grin: One more thing: The rules state the deadline is the 25th, but the title pic says 31st. So which one is it?

Great contest idea! Staff's really creative. :classic:

I'll definitely take part in this one as I unfortunately in all probability won't get my Town Winter Building entry finished in time. :sceptic:

:vader:

Enpaz

Maybe he means entering runs between 23th and 25th and the judging lasts until the 31st. :classic:

Mr. DIA at your service! :grin: One more thing: The rules state the deadline is the 25th, but the title pic says 31st. So which one is it?

Maybe he means entering runs between 23th and 25th and the judging lasts until the 31st. :classic:

Smartalec's :hmpf:

Entries are to be posted between 23rd and 31st of December.

Anything else you'd like to point out before I order the attack on your home planets?

This sounds great.

I've picked up a few points from watching other's work in the Star Wars Photography thread so time to test some out.

Can't wait to see the influx of new shots :classic:

What would have me clarify?

Any photoshopping is ok by me - overdo it and you might be skipped.

Thats exactly what I wanted clarification on :wink:

It is a photography contest, So I thought it could be good to make it crystal clear what is 'overdoing photoshop' Or some may feel unjustly disqualified for an incredible picture.

Your the boss, It's up to you, Just sayin' :classic:

Looking forward to seeing the entries for this one- gonna be fun to see what you guys can come up with :thumbup:

In terms of photoshopping id echo Kim's comment that its fine to use, but just don't go too over the top with it- there needs to be a good 'photo' as the basis of your entry.

And don't feel that if you haven't got a high end camera you can't enter- I used the camera on my mobile phone when I first started messing round with photography!

Get shooting guys :wink:

It is a photography contest, So I thought it could be good to make it crystal clear what is 'overdoing photoshop' Or some may feel unjustly disqualified for an incredible picture.

I agree, what do you mean by overdoing it? Would you call layering pictures, and then erasing a stand to make it look as if a Jedi is flying overdoing it?

Interesting contest, though I'm not so sure about the quality of my photos :look:(I've never been known for great pictures). But what the heck, it's worth a try, I hope my busy Christmas sked will permit me to do an entry.

Great contest idea, I'm glad it wasn't another MOC contest, I've got my hands full with other EB contests. I'm not really that great with photography, but I'll try to think of something. Hopefully some nice weather comes around soon for an outdoor shot.

so does the picture have to be christmas themed? or can it just be a lego star wars photograph?

as it is the X-Mas Star Wars Photography Contest 2011 there should be some link to x-mas...

looking forward seeing your shots!

and looking at the awesome prices I consider entering myself and voting for ME :wink::vader::tongue:

Edited by fenris