Sign in to follow this  
the Inventor

Imperial Beach Inspection

Hello guys,

Here's my entry for the Everyday Life in the Galaxy Vignette Contest, I didn't really know what to build at first, but when I saw my collectible mini figure, the surfer, I thought why not make some beach scene. So with finally having an idea of what to build, I started my work. I was this last week really busy (school), but I could finally finished my entry. :classic:

So I present to you, my entry:

00.jpg

Even Vader and Sidious, have to take some day off, when not chasing the rebels or blowing up some planet. Vader really likes to surf in his spare time, when the sea is calm he uses the Force to make a nice wave to surf. You can see Vader in his nice red wet suit and even Darth Sidious in his new swimming shorts, preparing the barbecue. The Imperial Navy also placed a new moisture vaporator, with a special function: a Shower, used to wash away the salt water of Darth Vader's suit. (The towels on the beach are not my own design, credit for those goes to I Scream Clone)

Vader on the wave:

02.jpg

You can see the warning signs, the Imperial Navy placed in order to scare the tourist away, of Vaders favorite surfing spot:

03.jpg

Darth Sidious preparing the barbecue:

04.jpg

And some more pictures:

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

And finally an picture from above:

08.jpg

The moc measures 32x32, with a couple of studs more because of the wave.

Thanks for watching, and I would appreciate your feedback. :vader:

the Inventor

Very nice entry the Inventor! I never knew Vader can surf like that! (maybe he's just using the dark side of the force to keep himself in balance) default_vader3.gif And Sidious using force lightning for the BBQ is hilarious! default_laugh_new.gif Really good job here and I wish you all the best in the competition! default_thumbup.gif

I like that you incorporated a moisture farmer, and I like the Emperor's cooking techinques! :thumbup::tongue:

Hello!

A very funny scene indeed. :classic: But there are also many remarkable things to discover. I like for example the striped towels. Embedding them in the socket is a great way to let them appear flat. Furthermore the use of dark tan is an efficient way to induce wet sand compared to normal tan for dry sand. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Oh, very well made details here! The wave is of course the first thing but I think I like the wet sand the best. Also laughed when I saw the diving stormie flippers and of course the BBQ! :laugh:

Thanks for all the nice comments, I really appreciate that.

I really like that you've all liked my idea of the BBQ, that was one of the most funny thing I could come up with. :tongue:

the Inventor

Haha, thats awesome, that wave is really nice, and Vader is just posed perfectly.

This is gorgeous - I think it's my favorite one. It looks so simple, but is full of wonderful subtleties. I love the wet sand. And I'm pretty sure the Emperor is going to burn the food, but what fool's going to tell him that?