Rick

10244 Fairground Mixer

14015513885_e7f5ff0998_b.jpg

10244 Fairground Mixer

Ages 16+ | 1,746 Pieces

US $149.99 - CA $179.99 – AU $199.99 - DE 129.99€ - UK £119.99 - DK 1,199.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Climb aboard the LEGO® Fairground Mixer and hold onto your hat!

Unfold the awesome Fairground Mixer, turn the crank and see it come to life! The fair has come to town and children and adults alike can’t wait to try the rides. Buy your ticket from the ticket booth and climb aboard the Mixer. Then try reaching the golden bell on the high striker or hit the target to plunge the dunk tank lady into the water. As evening falls, the swirling Mixer ride glows in the darkness, before being folded down onto its own trailer for transportation to the next town. This magical fairground is packed with wonderful details that will capture everyone’s imagination. Includes 12 minifigures: a juggling man on stilts, dunk tank lady, strong man challenger, ticket lady, truck driver/ride operator, 2 women, 2 girls, 2 boys and a queasy man who tried the mixer one too many times.

Enjoy the magical atmosphere of the fairground with the LEGO® Fairground Mixer, packed with exciting features and imaginative details.

• Includes 12 minifigures: a juggling man on stilts, dunk tank lady, strong man challenger, ticket lady, truck driver, ride operator, 2 women, 2 girls, 2 boys and a queasy man who tried the mixer one too many times
  • Features working Fairground Mixer ride with crank operation, 2 transport trucks, high striker and dunk tank
  • Includes glow-in-the-dark elements
  • Mixer truck has opening doors, windshield wipers and removable roof to access interior with bed and TV
  • Accessory truck holds ticket booth, high-striker and dunk tank
  • Accessories include: ice cream, popsicle, lime green cherries, teddy bear, juggling pins and a large and small mallet for the high-striker
  • Easily upgrade the Mixer ride with LEGO® Power Functions motors (not included)
  • Enjoy the fun of the fair!
  • Includes over 1,700 pieces
  • Fairground Mixer ride unfolded measures over 11” (30cm) high, 17” (45cm) long and 12” (31cm) wide

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning

June 2014 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone.

Check out the full set of pictures in high resolution on flickr.

13992320736_8548c7f6e8.jpg 13992383526_35a73b92b9.jpg

14012462902_f8e9a78b3a.jpg 14012455182_ff79d45a7f.jpg

13992454196_9ff6cf04f4.jpg 14012363122_825093c6c3.jpg

14035553513_20c5ebc3b8.jpg 13992422436_373f2245b7.jpg

14012348971_f102172523.jpg 14035529503_97566029b2.jpg

14012334641_8014ed1679.jpg 14015495065_c4ed3e7b51.jpg

14016042064_5275b424ec.jpg 13992542966_57aeebe5ae.jpg

14035485353_b892b874e0.jpg 14012406991_64e56d8b04.jpg

14012262421_65009d1fa0.jpg 14015933194_26033f9edc.jpg

13992353706_53edf467d4.jpg 14012433932_cce6f8c12a.jpg

14035471003_6122a0ee4f.jpg 14035638483_b837695b6f.jpg

14012268662_e1fa6c1431.jpg 14035619833_814936a13f.jpg

14015463055_a34d984f6b.jpg 14015630115_44e29ee705.jpg

14015455885_ed66db5c7d.jpg 14035452973_3f7b42d312.jpg

14015885824_2b534a0988.jpg 14035431393_405b6140e2.jpg

13992306986_acfa4a0406.jpg 14012415441_9f5aae0135.jpg

14012408752_e828d1304a.jpg

Check out the full set of pictures in high resolution on flickr.

I'd be scared to death if my kids would be standing in the seats of such a ride ;-)

It is a really nice set.

Looks really good- and a minifig that's about to throw up! One thing, though- In real life that ride would take forever to load and unload. Usually they are at ground level so everyone can enter at once. But other than that, seems like a great set. I love the dunk tank and high striker. I'm sure I'll pick one of these up.

OKAY! Okay... I get it Lego. You want me to keep my wallet dry as a bone this year. That's cool...

The fact that this set is compacted into vehicles is absolutely fantastic! I've been dying to have one of these as a set since I first started to dabble in Lego.

I wonder how much the Grand Carousel is going now on eBay, 'cause I have the need have a complete collection.

Now if only we knew whether these carnival type sets will continue with yearly release, a la the Winter Village, because I would definitely buy!

This is something different with a lot of playability. I can imagine people liking it, but it is not a set for me. I'm glad this is not in stead of a new modular building!!

How is this even meant to work? From what I can see the middle bit turns, while the other 4 mini parts turn as well...... :wacko:

If it becomes clearer, :moar:

The sick face looks.........odd.

Do I spy Anakin hair in grey?

Edited by LOTRfan

WOW, this is a great set !!

Very glad the scale is different from the grand carousel (because that would really hurt my wallet), but it will fit perfect with the winter village carousel...

Love it!

This will go well with my carousel and ferris wheel. Liking the truck, lots of room for mods on that one. Will be getting this along with the sandcrawler, my wallet hates me!

Love the Sick guy, but the whole main ride looks a little messy with the truck wheels underneath... Not feeling it a 100% but it's a great price though.

I really like this, there is so much functionality, and I love the mobility of the set. The little details are spot on, but it's not my type of a set, I have other priorities, but still it's a great one.

My first impression of the set was below average. It looks a bit too colourful, and I simply didn't see it as a whole. But when I checked the photos more thoroughly for the second time, there were some nice details surfacing and making a much better impression. I like the individual booths, that add to the fairground spirit One can easily make more (or simply use those from the winter village carousel. I like the new face (it's what I'd look like after a ride on the carousel :sick: ). My favourite part is the grey female hair. However, as a whole the idea to have the fairground fit on the trucks is realistic, and it adds to playability. After all, the fairs I'm familiar with, they all come with some below average trucks, and then turn up very bright.

I like the idea and I like the cool selection of minifigs. I especially like the way it fits on the trucks which matches with the real ride shown here

http://www.ride-extravaganza.com/intermediate/scrambler/

As a set I dont like the ride model enough to want to buy it, what with Ghostbusters and the LEGO Movie Spaceship and the Exo-Suit and other cool stuff.

props to LEGO for finally giving the land down under a look-in when it comes to revealing big exclusive sets :)

As a kid I have tried to build realistic fairground rides that could be collapsed for transportation. I succeeded for the most part, but there was always something that didn't work. Either the ride worked, but could not really be collapsed, or the collapsing thing kind of worked, but the ride wasn't realistic.

This is a great set. All those little things that work (like that dunk tank) and also a working ride that can also be collapsed for transport! Yes, in reality you'd want all riders to be able to get on the ride in one time, which in real-life rides is realised by having a kind of a "stage" around the ride to get on and of the ride, which of course could be modded on to be transported by another truck.

I know this is a creator set and as such doesn't have to follow the City "rules" about vehicle size, but still the only real "weak" point in my opinion is that it is an 8 wide truck, which makes it harder to integrate in my city-layout. Or maybe I should say: the fact that this looks way more realistic for scale than the standard 6-wide trucks of City and would no doubt have me wanting to convert all my trucks to 8-wide...

Not impressed by this.

It looks more like something that would get released in the City line than an Creator Expert model. There's worlds between the Grand Carousel and this. I'm not into carnival stuff in general, but still I always thought that the Grand Carousel was a breathtaking model.

The Fairground mixer was obviously designed with a huge focus on playabilty and interesting play features. And it succeeds at that, some of the features shown are really impressive. But it does so at the cost of realism and basically just looks like a huge playset. It would look right at home next to, say, the City Square, but strangely out of place next to the Grand Carousel, which also works perfectly as a display model.

So I guess it's all right if you're into that kind of sets, but for me it just doesn't cut it.

Edited by Roger_Smith

What a great set! Love the glow in the dark pieces, that's a really nice touch...

Kind of had a full idea of what to buy this year, but might just end up getting this too...

A definite must buy for me as I have been into fun fairs all my life. I just need to mod this a bit by adding a fold down floor like the British versions I'm used to

Wasn't too impressed by looking at the box... But boy was I wrong. To really appreciate this set CHECK OUT THE VIDEO!!

I wasn't impressed because the main attraction doesn't appeal to me in design and looks. My first thought was imediately: Get all those small builds out of this set and put money and thought into the main attracion. I did however love the look of the truck, and the small builds look okay too (they could be smaller/cheaper fairground sets to make it an official theme)

But then I watched the video...

This is a really well thought out set. Amazing functions and playability!! And now I understand why the main attraction looks the way it does... And it does look way better packed up on the truck. Very cleverly done btw... Like all of the builds it looks very good as a travelling carnival.

But still, I'd think it would have been better to split this set up and give the main attraction the attention it deserves, and have several smaller sets to 'complete' the Fairground collection, instead of having to buy em all in once.

Best part of this set: The hammer and bell build. Love it!

Conclusion: I give it an 8,5 out of 10.

Edited by B Rick

I quite prefer my winter village market Carrouesel. As somebody said there is something wrong with the color scheme and, although it adds playbility, I am not interested in having the truck. And I am wondering if these playbility features are really necessary for a set 16+

I love the design and the best part a minifig head with a sick expression.......that might make it very popular for medical MOC's eh ? :wink:

This set might get added to my collection over the bike shop/cafe set which I have lost interest in......I can't wait to read the first review.

Thanks for posting the sets details for us 'Rick' ! :classic:

Awesome set. From the still pictures it look fun if a little messy, but it really comes into its own when you see the video. The way it all folds up and packs away onto the trucks is genius. Just wish I was still of the age where I could 'play' with Lego because I could of spent many a happy long school holiday endlessly setting up the ride and stalls and having all the townspeople come to the fair before packing it up and moving on to another town. So much fun.

The video highlight for me was when he whipped out the 'high-striker' mallet and bell stall from beneath the truck then showed that it was actually fully functional!!

Shut up and take my money!