Hinckley

New City Ideas Contest-discussion thread

Just to liven things up here in the Town & Trains forum, I thought we should take advantage of the New City Set Ideas thread and turn it into a contest. That thread has seen a lot of action and I think it'd be cool to see people put some of those ideas into practice!

town_contest.jpg

here you see an MOC based on Sne's idea posted in the idea thread:

there are dozens of sets i'd like to see:

park

snackbar

So I built a park set also incorporating the snackbar sne suggested. So you can build anything large or small as long as it's based on someone's idea. Plus, you have five weeks to plan and build! *sweet* (However, you can tell my park is not an official LEGO set because there are two female mini-figs ;-) )

Rules:

Edited by hinckley39

I'll be in this one. I needed to make another MOC for Sinnerton anyway.

Choose an idea from this thread and build an MOC based on it

Can it be from something you post there youself? X-D (I won't cry too much if you say no.)

I'll be in this one. I needed to make another MOC for Sinnerton anyway.

Can it be from something you post there youself? X-D (I won't cry too much if you say no.)

:-D I suppose if you want to make something that doesn't show up in the thread already, you could post the idea yourself and then build your own, yes! Such a clever walrus...

What idea don't you see? There are nine pages of ideas. School lunch room is in there, everything should be in there. :-P

I call making an ice cream stand!! :-D

Ice cream ON!!!

Edited by PSPguy

What idea don't you see?

Thanks. I think I can find something there that I want to make. ;-)

Should they incorporate the style of current city sets, or can they be our own style.

-l2k-

Should they incorporate the style of current city sets, or can they be our own style.

-l2k-

Good question! They can be either new or classic, or your own!

I'll add that to the rules. Thanks! :-)

I call dibs on the tanker truck!! I'vebeen meaning to do this for a while now, i finnally have a reasonto get off my but and do it!

Octane Tanker truck on!! X-D

I call dibs on the tanker truck!! I'vebeen meaning to do this for a while now, i finnally have a reasonto get off my but and do it!

Octane Tanker truck on!! X-D

Rock on! I'm looking forward to that! *sweet*

BTW, no one has to call dibs. An idea can be built by more than one member. I'll edit the rules to reflect that.

What idea don't you see? There are nine pages of ideas. School lunch room is in there, everything should be in there. :-P

Hey,that's one I put in.I'm so proud :'-)

I might do this,with schoolstarting agian I might need somthing else to get my mind of it and band :-|

One question though,if there was a 'set' someone mentioned with multiple items in the set could I build one item from the set?

Hey,that's one I put in.I'm so proud :'-)

I might do this,with schoolstarting agian I might need somthing else to get my mind of it and band :-|

One question though,if there was a 'set' someone mentioned with multiple items in the set could I build one item from the set?

But, of course! Feel free. That is entirely within the rules. Although, I'd love to see the school lunchroom :-D :-D :-D I guess I have a hard time imagining it from a marketing standpoint, no offense. ;-) But, I wonder if kids after a long day at school want to come home and play LEGO lunchroom as opposed to LEGO cops and robbers or SWAT team, etc... :-D :-D :-D Like I said, no offense, I think it is a very clever and intriguing idea! :-)

Well maybe I will do that then. I'm just glad you thought it was a good idea,I know I would play with it after I came home from highschool :-$

Edited by lego trains rule

I have a question, does our entry have to be somthing that lego can possibly market for sale(meaning that there would be intrest in), or just a moc that could fit in the city/town/system linup?

I think you'd be fine doing what ever as long as it looks cityish (cool word) just look at the earlier posts as it says there would probably be little intrest in my set |-/ ,but I really have no idea so sorry if I'm wrong you can't always trust the internet... X-O

EDIT: an idea can be built by more than one member. For example, Sinner builds a tug boat, that doesn't take it off the list. Sir Dillon could build a tug boat too! When we start the voting poll, we may have to do different categories *sweet* end edit

Neat. I'm not sure if I'll enter this contest, but I may try to make a small entry... perhaps a tugboat. X-D

BTW, that's a very nice 'set' you've made Hinckley.

I edited the rules so that digital entries are allowed. It only makes sense with LDD. Perhaps we can even order some of the entries. So, freebee, your entry is not disqualified and great job! X-D *y*

What if I put in an idea right now as I speak for the contest

Then can I build it?? :-)

Thank you kind sir

If so I am going to build a hobo in the park and call it a "Impulse set"

You guys will never resist the cuteness of it >:-)

Piranha

What if I put in an idea right now as I speak for the contest

Then can I build it?? :-)

Thank you kind sir

If so I am going to build a hobo in the park and call it a "Impulse set"

You guys will never resist the cuteness of it >:-)

Piranha

Read the third post in this thread and you may find your answer :-P

Everyone posts on this thread But Not Mine! :'-( WAH!!!!!!

I still might! I have another two weeks.... 8-|

Read the third post in this thread and you may find your answer :-P

oh, no duh :-$

Thank you again kind sir

It appears a certain walrus beat me to it,I don't want to mention names,Sinner,It just wasn't fair,Sinner,I should have had at least a chance,Sinner,oh it hurts *sad*

:-D

Piranha

Edited by Piranha

Ah, another Hinckie contest ;-)

I haven't read everything yet because its late and I'm lazy but I will pin that to find it easier tomorrow morning :-P

And I will enter this one !!

*yoda*

Ah, another Hinckie contest ;-)

I haven't read everything yet because its late and I'm lazy but I will pin that to find it easier tomorrow morning :-P

And I will enter this one !!

*yoda*

Tks yet again *yoda* friendly and helpful you are. ;-) I've been trying to pick up some of your language