Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Admiral Benbow Inn by The Brick Time

The little details around the building is what really makes this model for me *wub* The eroded bricks and the wall are great aswell, and some great techniques spicing up a rather basic building, like the slanted bricks to create smooth color transitions, and the different color cornerstones are a nice touch.

Nice find ;-)

This looks awesome. The way the pieces are aligned on the porch roof to give it a ramshackle look is brilliant.

Great find... We should all know Treasure Island, it's like the bible for this forum. On that note why aren't there more Treasure Island MOC's.

I'll go one step further... If Lego were going to make a new line for Pirates aside from POTC, Treasure Island would be an ideal choice, especially for children because of Jim Hawkins etc.

Treasure Island theme on! *y*

Absolutely love it. *wub*

It looks so simple, yet it's packed with details. Only thing is ... why does it look more sand blue than light bley to me? Funny thing is, it gets me thinking about a sand blue/tan combo and I think it would work, maybe not in pirates, but somewhere.

I'll go one step further... If Lego were going to make a new line for Pirates aside from POTC, Treasure Island would be an ideal choice, especially for children because of Jim Hawkins etc.

Treasure Island theme on! *y*

I'm all for it. A new pirates line, a chance to push a little literature at the youth of today, and no licensing fee to drive up the prices.

Just imagine

Great find... We should all know Treasure Island, it's like the bible for this forum.

After all, Treasure Island did for Pirates what Lord of the Rings did for fantasy.

If Lego were going to make a new line for Pirates aside from POTC, Treasure Island would be an ideal choice, especially for children because of Jim Hawkins etc.

The Disney version of Treasure Island is my favourite Pirate movie.

Cool find Mr. Phes!

It has some nice little details and techniques.

If this MOC had an interior it would be even more wonderful.

I love most of this! *wub* Especially as I got a look in in the flowerbed!

Except the roof - it could do with a little texturing here and there...and maybe some grey smoke from the chimneys ;-) - Get rid of the very smooth edge along the top!

The Disney version of Treasure Island is my favourite Pirate movie.

In that case you must have never seen the Crimson Pirate X-D

I love this MOC, the landscaping is fantastic and I absolutely adore the minifig faces. *y*

Egad... egad!! *wub*

Marvelous little details. And very original, I don't recall seeing a pirate creation like this before.

It's not over-obvious it's a pirate related MOC. I like that. One could easily use it in any other theme.

>Great find... We should all know Treasure Island, it's like the bible for this forum. On that note why aren't there more Treasure Island MOC's.<

Seconded. Without Treasure Island, we might not have LEGO Pirates at all...and we certainly wouldn't have had treasure maps, peg legs, or parrots. Add Johnson's History of the Pirates and Barrie's Peter Pan, and you have pretty much the sum total of literary background for fictional pirates as we know them today.

I had never attempted to build anything from Treasure Island (aside from a Long John Silver minifigure) because it seemed to me that there wasn't anything interesting to build--there's a ship and a stockade, but they're nothing special. But now I see that if someone can make a Benbow Inn look cool, anything is possible!

TC

Egad... egad!! *wub*

Egad?! *wacko*

What's an Egad?

If i knew what they were, i may have to start watching out for them. 8-|

Hopefully they're not contagious. :'-(

This MOC is so awesome! *y*

I enjoyed every keystroke it took to place this MOC in the Land-Based MOC Index, the Non-military section. *wub*

P

Edited by phred

A very nice find. By looking a little more into mrbrickbob

Is this accurate in some way? I didn't find that kind of building in the book.. But the building itdelf is very nice. Nicely detailed in the ground level but I don't like the roof. It's just...dark gray.. :-P

I've frontpaged this on Classic-Pirates! :thumbup:

Takes a MOC of some astute to do that, I assure you! :sweet:

Now what is treasure island, and why don't i know it?

A classic book by Robert Louis Stevenson. Try google, if you like to know more..

Edited by Mile85

This is really good! I like how he created the plants on the side of the rode. Also, the walls are done very well too.