Sign in to follow this  
BlueBard

MOD: Yellow Camper

Nice camper, but don't you think it'll be a little cramped in there?

Oh well. :grin: Do you remember the classic camper sets? These were only 4-wide, and this one here is 8-wide, a tremendous improvement regarding interior. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great MOD. It looks good in yellow, but the palm tree stickers look out of place.

These were only 4-wide, and this one here is 8-wide, a tremendous improvement regarding interior. :wink:

Don't you mean 6 wide? :classic:

Looking good, although I like campers with narrow cabin and wide main camper part.

I'm quite impressed with your ability to keep that tree sticker from peeling right off!

Oh yeah, nice job on the colors, as well. :wink:

Edited by Carbohydrates

Don't you mean 6 wide? :classic:

Looking good, although I like campers with narrow cabin and wide main camper part.

Milan, you're right of course. Sorry I miscounted. In my mind I still live in the world where vehicles were smaller. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Nice camper, but don't you think it'll be a little cramped in there?

Those hippies probably like that... :grin:

That's my main concern with the TLG camper. I want to do a 4 or 5 wide front with 6 or 7 wide back one day.

Did you change anything besides the color scheme? Although it looks nice, I must admit I like the original color scheme better. This one reminds me of the Playmobil version of my sister. :laugh:

(While searching I found this Playmobil camper and caravan... I sure wouldn't mind if TLG would borrow some ideas for sets from Playmobil once in a while)

Edited by Rick

Thanks for the nice comments! :classic:

It looks good in yellow, but the palm tree stickers look out of place.

I know, I had a lot of doubts about that detail but without the sticker the front looked a bit too empty :sceptic:

I'm quite impressed with your ability to keep that tree sticker from peeling right off!

I don't really understand what you mean but thanks anyway. :classic:

Those hippies probably like that... :grin:

:tongue:

Did you change anything besides the color scheme?

No. Actually that was the idea, MODing just the color scheme :wink:

That looks familiar dont it, lol them poor lego people will be suficating on top of eachother wont they...

Probably, but who told you the all came in the camper? :tongue:

By the way, thank you very much, The Brickster for blogging me :wink:

By the way, thank you very much, The Brickster for blogging me :wink:

You bet! I really like this set and I think it looks pretty nice as you've modified it. I encouage aspiring train builders to take older sets and try doing the same in different colors. Not only does it improve building skills, but the final outcome sometimes looks really good (as does this camper). You can do the same with lots of different sets, regardless of theme.