80 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 – Poor
    • 2 – Below Average
    • 3 – Average
    • 4 – Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

indexed.gif

Time to review the least eagerly awaited set of this year castle wave.

Set Name: King’s Battle Chariot

Set Number: 7078

Number of Pieces: 103

Figures:4

Released: 2009

List Price: £13.99 (GBP) $19.99 (USD)

7078 Peeron.com

5618 Bricklink Catalog

7078 Shop At Home

Lets us begin with the box.

7078-1.jpg

Lets be honest it doesn’t look great.

7078-2.jpg

If you wanted the King to ride the horse why not include a saddle?.

Now for what’s inside.

7078-3.jpg

The contents of the box, it doesn’t look like much.

Random page for the instructions

7078-4.jpg

Already looking very bulky.

Now for figures, this is the cheapest set you can get the patterned up king in and he does look better than they old Viking torso. Otherwise we’ve seen the torsos before

7078-5.jpg

Nothing to write home about.

Now part of the build as you can see it look really heavy and big, in my opinion it’s just to big and the weights to much.

7078-6.jpg

Big and bulky.

Views of the finished chariot.

7078-7.jpg

Side.

7078-8.jpg

Front.

Now something for a little scale

7078-9.jpg

How would anyone get into that thing!

7078-10.jpg

The Rating System

Figures: 6/10 (Apart from the King nothing special. )

Parts 7/10 (Two new dark brown spears and two troll shields plus a blue plume not to shabby.)

Fun Fun Fun 6/10 (You can do something g with it and I child might enjoy the play value.)

Design 2/10 (Easily the worst chariot in my opinion far to large for only one horse)

Price 5/10 (At £13.99 far to pricey in my opinion to justify so few parts if I wasn’t collecting every set in the theme I’m not sure I’d buy it.)

Grand Total 26/50 (One of the lowest rating I’ve ever given)

Conclusion.

It’s sad that this set saw the light of day, it seems like something we’d have seen in KKII rather than the much better designed castle range that we have at the moment. I was told though that with this wave of Castle Lego were concentrating on larger sets for Christmas rather than a general range. I hope we see better next year

I agree with your review. There is really nothing special about this set. It is a total let down.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. The trolls have shields which is nice. I have all the other " fantasy " castle sets . This is the first one i won't be getting.

And that sucks.

The king is nice but that is all. Thanks for the review.

This is a little dissapointing.

I really like the new Castle, but this is too "easy" and I don't get it.

We've already gotten plenty of kings before and the carriage isn't really useful.

I'll rate it average, but I certainly wont buy more than one of this.

(I collect, so I need one)

A shame to use one of 3 released sets like this.

The ONLY reason I would buy this set is to get the new King's torso. However, I do not need it that bad since I would just cover it armor and it wouldn't be seen. Besides, I am sure they will release a magnet set that comes with the King, they almost always do. This set is something I might buy in a clearance sale if it was $10 or lower.

I like it a bit, actually. A shame they didn't add a second horse, it looks a bit empty now. For 15 euro I wouldn't let this set stand on the shelves, but I guess it will be 19.99 euro... The king is excellent, he looks like he's dressed in his pyjamas. (that'll be a great vignette) :tongue:

I agree it would have been better with two horses, though it shouldn't be hard to mod it to make that happen. I'll probably end up getting it as a counterpart to the Skeleton Carriage.

I voted "average". 20 Euros is way too much for this set (that was RRP for last year's Troll battle wagon!!!)

I might buy one on Christmas sales.

Thanks for the review!

Yep, as an AFOL this sets a big "meh" for me, but it does look like it would be a lot of fun for the younger target group. I had hoped it would be better than the first leaked photos showed it to be, but I guess not. I don't think I'll be adding this to my collection after seeing some the set photos, though I may buy this as a set for my kids

Thanks fot the review Cardinal Brick,

This set is horrible :hmpf_bad: .... But I guess I'll buy it anyway to complete my collection of the new castle line... :sceptic:

They should have made it more like the 6055 set :wub:

That one made more sence in the horse to chariot ratio and looked good.

6055-1.jpg

As for 7078: poor design, high price, chance missed

Kind regard,

Teddy

Edited by Teddy

this review is great, the bored sarcasm that you keep up is top notch!

I don't blame you in the least, it does look very weak.

Thanks for the review. You confirm my first felling about this set, except king, it's a bad set.

I will buy it only during sales.

Thanks for the review! Now I know I deffinatly won't buy it. It's out of proportion and ugly, only positive about it, to me, are the orc shields, the King and those huge wheels.. But those don't make up it's price as partspack.

The set really is disappointing compared to the others and the previous ones.

Edited by Perterz

Its way to over priced, but I will buy it for the king and minifigs, and that chariot SUCKS :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Edited by Broadside

It's sad. The chariot is nice, except for the fact that the scale is off. I doubt that one horse could pull that very far. The new king is nice, but not worth it in this set. I would rather get a bigger set that has the king in it with a better price/parts ratio. The set is okay, the price sucks. :thumbdown::sick:

Thanks for buying this so others don't have to... :laugh:

Seriously - I wasn't going to get this, and I agree with a lot of the comments of the review.

Shame.

Unfortunately i gotta say that this set is a big bunch of " :sick: ". Definitely one of the worst sets made in the past years, they could have made something really good out of it but they didn't. It's not only the scale of it, but also the color, the general look and how it's built. A battle chariot should be at leats only half the size, and also i don't understand why there is a treasure chest on it. Also, why would a king drive a battle chariot? Makes no sense for me. I think it would have been better if they made a closed chariot with some guards and more horses that actually carries the king. I will buy this anyway though, to complete my castle collection :tongue:

Yeah, this set looking bad, TLC should make it better, give horse with barding, or more horses to compare with the chariot. But, I still buy several sets to complete my army.

From most of the responses here I take it you guys would rather have KK set designs back. :thumbdown:

I like this set. It has four great figures -a while back it was rare to get that many castle figs for that cheap of a price. Even if the chariot isn't the greatest looking thing ever, it has awesome parts, and that's good enough for me. Plus two orc shields is great! There's not even that many in the Troll Mountain Fortress! I'll happily pick one of these up. :classic:

A second horse (brown) would have been great, but I suppose the set would have been even more expensive if it included another one. The price isn't great of course, but what are you going to do...

Thanks for buying this so others don't have to... :laugh:

I did think that as I handed over my money. Seems a number of people will be buying it for completeness glad I'm not alone.

Thanks for the review, I voted the set as below average. It's not awful, just a big letdown. I love the figures though, but again, really disappointed they took out the troll armour, I wanted another one of those. The set is pretty lackluster, but I'll get it anyway for completion, the nice parts, and the figs.

Batbrick Away! :devil: