Masked Builder

[MOC] Lair Of Grievous

gallery_101_23_281.gif

img_3591.jpg

When Nahdar Vebb saw an opportunity to kill Grievous, he acted against Fisto's orders and dueled the general. The Mon Calamari was then slain by Grievous.

img_3593.jpg

img_3594.jpg

img_3595.jpg

img_3596.jpg

img_3602.jpg

As this is my 2000th post I wanted to make a special, accurate MOC to post. This was really a simple build but there was some work in getting Grievous posed.

Built April 2011

Brickshelf

Flickr

Since I've also been on for a year I thought a look back on the last year of my Star Wars MOCs posted here would be approiate.

5060820431_1693b28ee8_t.jpg 5158140833_73176d4a8e_t.jpg 5356040232_0d3be0227a_t.jpg

4827062195_f73b90f828_t.jpg 4923372828_735012eda8_t.jpg 5368272027_ae029c3042_t.jpg 5482865917_b6f68578b5_t.jpg

5504022347_17bd726998_t.jpg 5523739364_71397e2d49_t.jpg 5565830244_db55de796e_t.jpg 5586893131_2f1babbea0_t.jpg 5608389408_4de0472d11_t.jpg

If you want to see all of my MOCs posted here there's a complete list on my "about me" page. Thanks for being there for me Eurobricks!

Nice job, Masked! Minifig positioning is nice, but I think the vig itself is a tad on the plain side. More greebling! SNOT base!

Other than that, it looks terrific, and congratulations on your anniversary. Run down and get yourself a Star Wars Fan Tag now. :sweet:

Nice job, Masked! Minifig positioning is nice, but I think the vig itself is a tad on the plain side. More greebling! SNOT base!

Other than that, it looks terrific, and congratulations on your anniversary. Run down and get yourself a Star Wars Fan Tag now. :sweet:

I'll greeble the heck out of my next MOC for you BD.

Thanks! I knew about that but I guess I forgot to get one.

looks really cool :classic:

I thought I should just point out it says 200th in the title :wink:

Aw nuts! Could Kim T. or someone else fix that please?

Very nice and simple MOC. Captures the part of the episode very well. Good work :thumbup: The wall detail is great.

Hello!

I can remember that sad scene with the over-confident Jedi Knight. Well set in motion and a nice corridor as well. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

"General Grievous, you're shorter than I expected." - Anakin

Wow I never knew how disproportionately small the official GG fig is compared to regular minifigs (or it's the Nahdar fig that is too big). The vig is nice, though I have to agree it could use a few more greebles and details. Still, nice work and congrats on your 1st year-anniversary here in EB Duke MB! :thumbup:

Wow I never knew how disproportionately small the official GG fig is compared to regular minifigs (or it's the Nahdar fig that is too big). The vig is nice, though I have to agree it could use a few more greebles and details. Still, nice work and congrats on your 1st year-anniversary here in EB Duke MB! :thumbup:

Actually if you think about it Nahdar is quite a bit taller then your average minifig. Because of his head. :wink:

Oh hey! I didn't realize I was a Duke now.....

Yeah just what I was thinking.

Well done Duke Masked Builder of Eurobricks, great simple little MOC, and a good look back.

Actually if you think about it Nahdar is quite a bit taller then your average minifig. Because of his head. :wink:

Yeah, Mon Cals are a couple plates taller than most 'figs. But I agree, I didn't realize Grievous was this short. I think TLG might have made him too hunched over. Battle pose, I guess. His head position is more like the one he assumed at the beginning of the duel with Obi-Wan in Sith.

Although someone stealing your MOC is terrible, I think it is the greatest compliment someone can give you. :laugh: , good thing people know credit is due where it is deserved though :sweet:

Don't tell me this guy was seriously trying to pass off all those MOCs as his own.

He wasn't. If you read the comments on the main swipe (Rook's C-9979), he readily gives credit to Rook when a commenter suggested it. I think he was just trying to publicize neat creations he'd found.

Anyways, let's not turn Masked's MOC topic into a discussion on pic copying.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Although someone stealing your MOC is terrible, I think it is the greatest compliment someone can give you. :laugh: , good thing people know credit is due where it is deserved though :sweet:

Yeah that's what I think about this. I have no idea what the rest of the post said but one of them had my name and a link in them so that's good.

Edited by Masked Builder

He wasn't. If you read the comments on the main swipe (Rook's C-9979), he readily gives credit to Rook when a commenter suggested it. I think he was just trying to publicize neat creations he'd found.

Anyways, let's not turn Masked's MOC topic into a discussion on pic copying.

Wow, Rook sure chewed him out. But I digress. This deserves its own thread.

Yeah that's what I think about this. I have no idea what the rest of the post said but one of them had my name and a link in them so that's good.

The others where angry at Jurassic for plagiarism, but He said He was just showing off your work not passing it off as His.

According to Justin, one of brick busters members, he was blocking users who called him out on it. That credit wasn't there right after he was called out on it. My guess is flickr told him he'd be banned unless he gave credit.

Anyways, I failed to leave my thoughts on the vig. Nice work here, I like your subtle incorporation of dk tan.