40201-1.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------

40202-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

40209 Monthly mini Build 2016 Jan

40209-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

40221-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Edited by WhiteFang

That chick is adorable!

I'm not quite understanding the last one.

Edited by CM4Sci

After the seasonal 2015 sets.... that one looks ..... bad :sick:

But the last one is pretty interesting :wub:

Is that gray thing a hairpiece? e.e

Yep.

EDIT: The monkey! Adorable!

Edited by CM4Sci

40221, the last one, is fire. I love it. :drool::excited:

Seems like you can change the statue to a woman using gray hair. Interesting.

Disappointed to see the seasonal sets are animals again though. :cry_sad:

Edited by Legocity2713

40221-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

That's a really nice statue! And it's got a dog, some cool hair, and that great flower stem. Nice set, what Seasonal Event is that for?

And what's the Monkey for? I like him.

I don't think that last one is seasonal per se - probably a GWP intended to pair with 10251, like how this year's Flower Cart coincided with the Detective's Office.

I don't think that last one is seasonal per se - probably a GWP intended to pair with 10251, like how this year's Flower Cart coincided with the Detective's Office.

Fair enough. Either way, it's a nice looking, simple set that satisfies the Castle fan in me.

Edited by x105Black

Or maybe a store exclusive like the piggy bank from this year.

Edited by Legocity2713

40221-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

That's a really nice statue! And it's got a dog, some cool hair, and that great flower stem. Nice set, what Seasonal Event is that for?

And what's the Monkey for? I like him.

We spoke to the designer last Friday but she did not show us this set yet :) Very nice the bike. She told us that she definitely tries to include special parts in such a sets (particularly for AFOL's) even though the sets are not targeting AFOL's.

That bike looks more like bright-light-orange than yellow to me.

Either way its a color of bike that I dont own and I want one (either from this set if I can get it or maybe the one Friends set that has the same bike)

The set has some other nice parts like the dk blue benches and the lime green flower pot.

Too bad about yet another useless dog :(

The set with the statue is great, don't care about the rest. But I really like the statue set. Wonder what it is...

What.

Seriously? These are seasonal sets? They're only loosely holiday-related. I suppose after the vignettes this year, LEGO could only go down, but still.

I do like the park, though, even though it baffles me. It's too big for a Brick Bank tie-in, but the context is totally lost on me. It's nice to have a cheaper way to get that hair rather than stealing it from a Weeping Angel.

That last one is dope, a friggin' yellow bike! I missed out on that one '98 set!

I think this is a different yellow from the postman bike :classic:

I don't quite understand what's seasonal about the last set, but it's the only one I like. Lots of nice parts in a tiny set.

Edited by Sven F

I'm only interested in the set with the statue & benches.

The rest are of no use to me even as free gifts.

I missed out on the easter & valentines vignettes this year & I was really looking forward to some more next year. Maybe 2017 will be better.

The animal models I've got don't even get built in my house & I gave them to my five year old.

He has no interest in them at all, they are still in their bags or given to the charity shop.

The Thanksgiving set from this year was built & being played with within 20 minutes of being delivered, same as the Halloween one.

I guess these animals sell well between the non-afol and "not particularly fanatic about lego" kind of consumers. It's the kind of thing you buy someone as a present and then either moc around with it if you are a kid or put it on your work desk as an ornament.

Looking back though, I don't think i'd be too thrilled about them even as a kid.