Sign in to follow this  
LEGO_Knight12

Old Lego Pirates Commercial + Short Stop-motion Story

It is interesting to see that some lego elements are cut in a non-purist way(1x4 antenna cut to look like spyglass, goblet cut to look like bugle) in official commercials.

This was a really good commercial that was perhaps the best at promoting the theme. But the lack of certain useful elements, like the newer spyglass, really gives it an aged feel. Still, these are the classics, and they've aged well!

I love this commerciali have never watched it prior to this post but now that you have showed me I really love it. The stop-motion is great for the 80's or whenever this was shown. Overall it brings back great vibes from the classic pirates. Sadly i do not own any of these sets. pirate_look.gif

These are great.

Ive never seen them either.

Wish i had some pirates sets as well. Its probably the only theme along with vikings that i dont have any of.

Thanks for sharing . pirate_satisfied.gif

I remember that first commercial, it was shown in Poland back in the day, I even recorded it on my VCR once. pirate_classic.gif

As for the second movie, the story, I've never seen it before. It was fun to watch. Notice that the Black Seas Barracuda / Dark Shark (it was also called Dark Shark where I live) has the ship's bell in that movie.