• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#1 just2good

just2good

• Bothan Spy #8

Member: 4916

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

From Brickset.
I'm with Huw on this one, I think it'll be some racing theme. Please not WR again though. :grin:

#2 Robominer

Robominer

Member: 29797

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

View Postjust2good, on 14 August 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

From Brickset.
I'm with Huw on this one, I think it'll be some racing theme. Please not WR again though. :grin:
If this theme is replacing Ninjago, and it's about racing, it's a  :hmpf_bad: from me until we get more information.

EDIT: The article also mentions a "Legends of Chima" as another upcoming theme. I think that "Chima" is supposed to be "China" and this theme will replace Ninjago. Legends of Chima sounds more interesting than Speedorz.  :cry_happy:

EDIT2: Sorry just2good, you've been beaten by Darth Hagrid! Clicky!

Edited by Robominer, 14 August 2012 - 08:07 PM.

This signature has no text in it.
And no, I'm not a fan of this dumb Android game.

#3 Algernon

Algernon

• Not a Doofus

Member: 2558

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

I'm fairly confident that "Legends of Chima" is supposed to be "Legends of China". That being the case, HECK YES!!!!

As for Speedorz... it sounds fairly uninteresting unless the sets prove otherwise. LEGO's had some nice racing themes before, but it's going to be difficult to tell how this one fairs without pictures of the sets (as there isn't really much of a storyline to judge).

#4 Haltiamieli

Haltiamieli

Member: 14151

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostAlgernon, on 14 August 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

I'm fairly confident that "Legends of Chima" is supposed to be "Legends of China".
I hope they wouldn't make a typo in a trademark case :tongue: Not to say that "Chima" couldn't be meant to suggest China, though I think that would be rather lame (not the theme necessarily, but the name). For what's it worth, any theme with "legend" in its name sounds promising!
Halti son of Halti, a warrior of the Clan of the Great Elk and a loyal member of the Mitgardia Guild.
Supporting in Cuusoo: trebuchet, big trees, medieval theatre wagon, blacksmith's house...

#5 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostHaltiamieli, on 14 August 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

I hope they wouldn't make a typo in a trademark case :tongue: Not to say that "Chima" couldn't be meant to suggest China, though I think that would be rather lame (not the theme necessarily, but the name). For what's it worth, any theme with "legend" in its name sounds promising!
I agree, I don't think it's a typo, Legends of Chima sounds a lot more like a theme's name to me.  And I think it has more potential than Speedorz for replacing Ninjago.  :wink:

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#6 just2good

just2good

• Bothan Spy #8

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostKai NRG, on 14 August 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

I agree, I don't think it's a typo, Legends of Chima sounds a lot more like a theme's name to me. And I think it has more potential than Speedorz for replacing Ninjago.  :wink:
I don't think so. If it is gonna be a period-piece exploring theme, it will probably one waved. And if it is just going to be a historical theme, it will not be action-packed enough. :laugh:

Edited by just2good, 15 August 2012 - 02:00 AM.

#7 Behind the Camera

Behind the Camera

Member: 27099

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

Legends of Chima sounds like it could be an interesting theme, but we'll have to wait until further notice before making a final verdict. Speedorz, on the other hand, sounds pretty lame, though it may finally put the tired Racers theme out of its misery. As a side note, I've heard that themes that may bear these names may come out in 2014, not in 2013.
Mustache Maniacs Film Co.: Films you will go 'Crazy' over!
Visit Today!

#8 Super Fish Oil

Super Fish Oil

Member: 19588

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

View Postjust2good, on 14 August 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

I don't think so. If it is gonna be a period-piece exploring theme, it will probably one waved. And if it is just going to be a historical theme, it will not be action-packed enough. :laugh:

And what is Ninjago? :sceptic: Isn't it an action-packed theme that's more or less (probably less  :grin: ) historical theme?

Anyway, Chima sounds intriguing. Speederz, not so much.

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." –Chinese Proverb

Posted Image

#9 just2good

just2good

• Bothan Spy #8

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

View PostSuperficial Username, on 15 August 2012 - 01:50 AM, said:

And what is Ninjago? :sceptic: Isn't it an action-packed theme that's more or less (probably less  :grin: ) historical theme?
NinjaGO! Legends of Chima. One sounds exciting, one sounds boring. :laugh:
Speedorz is an exciting name, so it may be the intended replacement for Ninjago.

Edited by just2good, 15 August 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#10 Faefrost

Faefrost

• Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

View PostBehind the Camera, on 15 August 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

Legends of Chima sounds like it could be an interesting theme, but we'll have to wait until further notice before making a final verdict. Speedorz, on the other hand, sounds pretty lame, though it may finally put the tired Racers theme out of its misery. As a side note, I've heard that themes that may bear these names may come out in 2014, not in 2013.

They are probably part of the winter 2014 release calendar, which means we will see them late in 2013, typically a bit before Christmas.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#11 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

• Now With 100% More Adventure™

Member: 4757

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

Discuss one or the other guys. Seeing as this thread is called Speedorz discussion must be on Speedorz.

Some points to keep in mind:

It is just a name so far, it may not even work out, especially if we are over a year away from anticipated release. You never know, there may be some other theme that usurps the release.

It may end up being something entirely different to what we think, it slightly puts me in mind of Slizers (Throwbots in US) so it could be constraction.

We only have a name! Not even a date, just a word that TLG has trademarked. So keep calm and build on for now.

If there was no such thing as science; you'd be right.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Tesni Hightribe

#12 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Member: 28078

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

I wonder what it will be like, although, shouldn't this be in the racers forum?
Ninjago. The only place where robot octopods, purple cyborg dragons and magical chainsaws are to be expected.

My MOCpages
Galaxy Squad Set Suggestions

#13 Lyichir

Lyichir

Member: 14738

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

(Modified from my post in the Legend of Chima topic, so I don't have to reword everything that's applicable to both)

I think it's a bit early to even assume that this is a new theme, let alone that it belongs in the action themes section. If it is a theme, it could be any type of theme, be it a Technic theme, a Racers-like generic vehicle theme, or even an action figure theme. But it could just as easily not be a theme at all, and instead be a game or movie, like Life of George or Clutch Powers. In fact, it's far too early to even assume that whatever "Speedorz" is will in fact be released in 2013, since we haven't seen anything about this besides that Lego has trademarked the name. It could be due in 2014 or later, for all we know.

#14 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostLyichir, on 15 August 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

(Modified from my post in the Legend of Chima topic, so I don't have to reword everything that's applicable to both)

I think it's a bit early to even assume that this is a new theme, let alone that it belongs in the action themes section. If it is a theme, it could be any type of theme, be it a Technic theme, a Racers-like generic vehicle theme, or even an action figure theme. But it could just as easily not be a theme at all, and instead be a game or movie, like Life of George or Clutch Powers. In fact, it's far too early to even assume that whatever "Speedorz" is will in fact be released in 2013, since we haven't seen anything about this besides that Lego has trademarked the name. It could be due in 2014 or later, for all we know.
My gues is (although yeah, there's a lot of uncertainty) that it's a Racers replacement.  No guarantes, of course. . .   :classic:

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet

#15 Robominer

Robominer

Member: 29797

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

View PostDraikNova, on 15 August 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

I wonder what it will be like, although, shouldn't this be in the racers forum?
I don't think we have enough information to judge that.  :sceptic:
This signature has no text in it.
And no, I'm not a fan of this dumb Android game.

#16 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

It could be about giant Umbra-esque rollerskating robots fighting for control of the galaxy. Nah, makes too much sense :laugh:.
Ninjago. The only place where robot octopods, purple cyborg dragons and magical chainsaws are to be expected.

My MOCpages

#17 Wall E2624

Wall E2624

Member: 29674

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

I don't care what this theme is if it's replacing Ninjago I don't care for it :angry:

Just kidding :laugh: . I am interested to see if this is a World Racers sorta thing because it must have sold amazingly because I could never find any of the ones I wanted, or the retailers I go to arent reliable anymore :sceptic:.

"Sometimes, the best travels are those we can only dream about"

Posted Image

My Flickr

#18 andhe

andhe

Member: 19348

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

Seeing as most people seem to be jumping on 'sppedorz' as a world racers type theme. What if it was actually steam-punk inspired? Plenty of chrome and gold, with antique but souped-up bi-planes, cars and motorbikes in an adventurers/steam-punk mash-up? I'm not saying this is what it is, but just saying that TLG can take a name and could make something awesome.

#19 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

Well, even though that would be awesome, judging by the name it seems unlikely to me.

My MOCpages

#20 Rocketbilly

Rocketbilly

Member: 4462

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostDraikNova, on 21 August 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Well, even though that would be awesome, judging by the name it seems unlikely to me.

Seconded. Steampunk is assosciated with its own set of tropes and naming conventions, and a name like "Speedorz" really wouldn't work with what is generally accepted and conceived to be Steampunk. IF it's some sort of racing theme then maybe each racer could have its own motif... we might see a Steampunk themed racer then but I can't see the entire theme being set around it with a name like that.

Edited by Rocketbilly, 21 August 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#21 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

Speedorz actually sounds more like a futuristic sci-fi name.

My MOCpages

#22 JustinYum

JustinYum

Member: 9545

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostDraikNova, on 21 August 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

Indeed it does. For some reason the very first thing I thought when I saw the name speedorz was a futuristic racing theme with hover-cars. I think X-tra weird characterz are generally added to sci-fi names.

Obviously this probably should only be taken as speculation, for all we know it could be a theme about Mr. Khil and Boxxy.
Proud owner of the entire Space Police III collection
Posted Image

#23 PsyKater

PsyKater

• I am Adriano. Please be nice.

Member: 30022

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

Well, I don't see anything with racing, but something like that:

View PostDraikNova, on 17 August 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

It could be about giant Umbra-esque rollerskating robots fighting for control of the galaxy. Nah, makes too much sense :laugh:.

Rather Bionicle than World Racing. And not replacing Ninjago.
- PsyKater [psyː'kɑtɐ]

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Stigveladi Kötturin, the Ghost Buster

in Sandy's Heroica! The RPG!

247 years old Dwarven Mage

[stats] | [story] | [intro] | [currently on the Fields of Glory]

Timezone: CEST (UTC/GMT+2)

Retak Yps, Nephilim Necromancer

in Sandy's Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis

2013 years old male Fenerian Necromancer

Posted Image

We opened a new BrickLink Store for you: steinreich24.com - From fans for fans! Learn more about our idea in the Bazaar!

#24 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

Probably the drivers have three arms and four heads. Actually I would like a piece to attach four heads to a minifig.

My MOCpages

#25 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostDraikNova, on 21 August 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

You're right.  Because of the Z, maybe?  I think it's probably a more futuristic racers theme.  Just judging by the name, it doesn't sound too terribly exciting.  But you never know.  :laugh:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users