Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

Temple of Gyhnran

Temple of Gyhnran

Mitgardian Mythology:

Gyhnran, is the god of wisdom and strength. On his hippogryph he sees everything en with his mighty staff he rules all.

So lots of people come to this sanctuary to get some wisdom and strength. Fishermen are coming here to ask for the right places to fish, farmers come here asking for the right time to harvest. Also all the women come here to ask for advice to raise the children. And ofcourse Mitgardian warriors are coming here to ask for help from Gyhnran.

6486205929_480b5d7e44_z.jpg

Temple of Gyhnran

6486195091_68661b7e57_z.jpg

Temple of Gyhnran

6486197539_1499233f95_z.jpg

Temple-Guards, Priest/Druid, en a statue of Gyhnran.

6486200179_7087feea7f_z.jpg

Inside of the temple

:wub: Wow! This reminds of a church i Norway, donĀ“t remember the name..?

The size and also the little details are just great! Looks like a typical Mithgardian temple to me!

The figs are also great! From what figure is the torsos that the temple guard have?

Amazing! I love the roof work on it, and it does have a nice Norse feel about it. I cant wait to see more of your mocs.

:wub: Wow! This reminds of a church i Norway, donĀ“t remember the name..?

The size and also the little details are just great! Looks like a typical Mithgardian temple to me!

The figs are also great! From what figure is the torsos that the temple guard have?

Maybe you are thinking of the Borgund stave church? I do agree with you that the entire structure is fantastic. Great details and fitting figures. The guards' torsos comes from the Prince of Persia line. It's Gool's torso to be exact :wink: .

Love it! :wub: De Gothia is right, it does look like the Borgund Church in Norway. The woodworking is very impressive, and the Norse style fits perfectly with Mitgardia. I like the little decorations made with the cross pieces.

edit: Spent too long looking at the pictures and Khorne beat me to it. :blush:

Edited by Skipper

I've got to admit that my jaw practically dropped when I saw this, you executed the build perfectly. Like building castle walls in gray, brown can be hard to build in without it becoming a big undefined blob, however you have totally avoided that syndrome and the result is great.

Excellent work here, the whole building has a very original design, I know its roughly based on a real church, but you have still given it your own touch and it really stands out. Very suited to Mitgardia, you have done really well with this!

Fabulous MOC! I really like the feel of the Temple. the roof lines are awesome. I would love to see what kind of mosaic tile you could come up with inside the temple for the flooring. It would have a stunning effect in your overhead shot.

Wow. :wub:

I think we need to build one of these in Kaliphlin. Honestly, it could work. Something about a band of norse dwarven builders getting shipwrecked on a southern coast, and wanting to thank their god for saving them...

Thanks for the great comments all!

and it's indeed based on the Borgund stave church, so it's as Norse is it can be;perfect for Mitgardia!

Fabulous MOC! I really like the feel of the Temple. the roof lines are awesome. I would love to see what kind of mosaic tile you could come up with inside the temple for the flooring. It would have a stunning effect in your overhead shot.

I need my tiles for something else now, but if there are a few left, maybe I will make a nicer interior! Although it's all about the god not the flooring :wink:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

That is awesome! :wub:

The woodwork is amazing, and you can see the resemblance with the old temples in Scandinavia! :thumbup:

Absolutely fantastic, but the interior could use some furnishings though. :wink: But that's just me.