Scouty

Imperial Soldier's Mafia: Day 1

Imperial Soldier's Mafia: Day 1

France, 1806

"I think our winter quarters will give the men good reason to stay. 42nd! Halt!"-Captain

4515369117_bd2de6d819_o.jpg

"Now what's this, then?"-Captain

4515369171_358daf49ed_o.jpg

"Morning captain, have your men assemble immediately. Command’s orders."-Provost General

4515369223_5e2f84bc7d_o.jpg

"Yes, sir. 42nd Regiment, by files right into line…march!"-Captain

4516006010_376bcd181a_o.jpg

"Men! I hear that some of you are wanting to desert!

I know we have been doing poorly in our battles, but under no condition should that make you want to desert!

I have attached to your regiment, here, two provost guards who will aid you in discovering these men who wish to desert!"-Provost General

4516006048_c189c796f1_o.jpg

"Every day, I would like you, men of the 42nd Regiment…ALL of you, to discuss and vote on ONE person to be executed."

4515369441_cd7b19b8a3_o.jpg

"Failure to do so will result in the destruction of this army from within and I must not let that happen."

4516006248_9eba9fa512_o.jpg

"I have confidence that you will all make the right choices and that this will be swift and we can go on to win the war! Dismissed!"

4515369639_b36dd0c02c_o.jpg

And so, the soldier's broke ranks and returned to camp. They are glad to be back after months of retreating from the enemy. They mumbled as they took their gear off.

The Rules

This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 4 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. The day will end as soon as a majority decision is reached, or when the 4 days are up. If someone has been convicted, you will find out their loyalty shortly after end of the day. After this a night phase will begin, which will last 2 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must PM them to me during the night phase. If I do not receive them within the two days, they will not be counted.

In Imperial Soldier's Mafia, there are the Honoured and there are the Deserters.

- There will be two main sides in the game. You win when your side has defeated the other.

- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).

- Voting will ONLY begin after 24 hours into the Day.

- You may not edit your posts. Violation of this rule may result in a court-martial.

- Please avoid posting out of character in the game thread.

- Do not ever directly quote something the game moderator has sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a court martial. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.

- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the Confirmation and Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game. Any violation of this rule will also result in a court martial.

- Please be considerate towards the host. I am unable to commit every possible minute to this, so things might be delayed. I will try to not to delay, though.

-Please stay in period while in game. This is to better enhance the quality of the game and make it more fun! This is to say, do NOT post anything modern or things past the early 1800's, the set time period of this game. You will be warned when you do this, and with three warnings, you will be put up to court martial. Any mentions of PMs in the game should be really be called "Letters".

COURT-MARTIAL

If you are to be found breaking any of the above rules, you will be put to court-martial. These were military courts that would deal with soldiers who broke the rules (deserting, criminal acts, stealing). After you have been caught breaking the rules, the host will PM 5 random members in the game. They will decide your fate with a Yes/No vote. Found guilty, you will be sentenced to death. Found not-guilty, you are free. Be careful! Guilty members will not be replaced by the reserves.

Lastly,

Have a ball :sweet:

Character List:

alexthegreat.png Pvt. Alex Gierdieu (Alex the Great)

alice.png Pvt. Alain Entaine (Alice)

awesomestar.png Pvt. Aaron Stelly (AwesomeStar)

bigcam.png Pvt. Bill Cartelle (BigCam)

bobconstructman.png Pvt. Bobby Camon (Bob the Construction Man)

ca.png Pvt. Geoffrey Oult (Captain Genaro)

def.png Pvt. Dan Gale (def)

dragonator.png Pvt. David Reutal (Dragonator)

generala.png Drummer Boy Gace Maetan (General Armendariz)

iamded.png Provost Guard Ian Des (iamded)

martinsuper.png Captain Martin Lecoq (Macoco)

metroid.png Provost Guard Mason Dalese (MetroiD)

new_right.png Flag Bearer Nathan Redman (New Right)

pedro.png Lieutenant Pedro Pellsan (pedro)

quarry.png Pvt. Quinn Malne (Quarryman)

rick.png Pvt. Rick Aellot (Rick)

roncanator.png Pvt. Ron Toreil (Roncanator)

sandy.png Pvt. Samuel Yellman (Sandy)

shadows.png Pvt. Michel Shadón (shadows)

stash.png Sergeant Stanely Hemphill (Stash2sixx)

tanotrooper.png Pvt. Talón Rames (Tanotrooper)

captaingenaro.png Pvt. Tom Perot (TinyPiesRUs)

whitefang.png Pvt. Wilson Gale (Whitefang)

42nd Reserves:

Trexxen

Yg-49

Zepher

Jim Butcher

Dannylonglegs

Brickme

Ricecracker

Striker

Hello everyone! It is a good newses day as we are now to be able to bring the honour back to the army and do the battle for glory!

When is the breakfast? :look:

The soldiers are cooking breakfast and talking near the camp fire, staying warm in the cool morning. They better eat well, they have a long day ahead of them.

I am sure we are able to pull it through and win the war. No matter how small our numbers is, I am sure we will make a difference, aren't we, my brother? :thumbup:

We will surely make a difference in this war Monsieur Gale. And we have to be glad we finally get a chance to rid our fine regiment from deserters. But right now, I'd really like some of that sausage that Monsieur Shadón is cooking.

Ah, bonjour, Monsieurs!

Ca va bien? Ah, it sure is good to be here this fine, fine morning. Say! I may just about have some exquisite tarts all the from home... and no, it's not the Admiral's sisters! Ahahaha!

Would anyone like a bite?

But right now, I'd really like some of that sausage that Monsieur Shadón is cooking.

You wish to sample my sausage? Do come over and have a seat! :wink:

You wish to sample my sausage? Do come over and have a seat! :wink:

Ooh, may I have some? I do not mind trading you a custard tart, perhaps? Only for a taste of that wonderful looking sausage! :cry_happy:

Morning everyone, what a lovely day it is! I understand we have some deserters to root out, yes? Messy business, but it needs to be done so we can triumph in the coming battles. Did someone say breakfast? I would love some sausage! :wub:

Mon Dieu! The time it has taken to arrive at this point is inconceivable, but it will have been worth it as long as I can get another chance to give myself for my country.

I'd like some sausages as well, if they are still sizzling.

I'd like some sausages as well, if they are still sizzling.

*touches the sausage and makes the 'sizzling' sound* Oh yeah, baby. :wink:

Plenty to go around, line up boys! :sweet:

Uh, you can go ahead and call me simple, but why would we randomly execute people for the possibility of them becoming deserters? It just goes against my sense of justice to condemn people for something they haven't even done yet. :wacko:

Now, if we were talking about traitors who would start to kill us Honored ones, then I'll consent to their execution with my full heart. :wink:

Good morning guys, I hear there's breakfast to be had? Sausage sounds great, if they haven't gone soft already? And I figure this is going to take a while, seems like we have very little to go on for the time being.

*touches the sausage and makes the 'sizzling' sound* Oh yeah, baby. :wink:

Plenty to go around, line up boys! :sweet:

Errr...no thanks. I'd rather eat something else. I've been afraid of sausages ever since I read about them commandeering a schooner. Then again, it was a children's book. I like reading, does anyone else like reading? I prefer novels, but that's just me. Okay, I suppose it couldn't hurt. Just be sure to make mine extra crispy.

Boy, it's cold around here, is anyone else cold? More wood on that fire, please!

I like those gold epaulets, that is one high class outfit they have there. I only have red ones. :sad:

I sure hope we find these deserters soon,

Well, Bobby, if you don't like sausages, how's about a lovely custard tart my mother sent me?

*Passes him a tart and lines up for some sausages*

Eh, Shadon! With your meaty training and my desert expertise, we could set up shop, methinks?

Eh, Shadon! With your meaty training and my desert expertise, we could set up shop, methinks?

Hmmm... I am not sure that your time spent in the sand will help with this, but it would make a lovely day at the beach, so maybe we will talk later.

Tell your mother that she is a lovely tart. Or something like that. :wink:

Monsieur Stelly! May I have one of your beautiful tarts, I don't feel like having sausage in the morning. Good thing that we can now get rid of those deserters, all they do is bring down the morale.

Terribly sorry for the late arrival, I was reading some letters from my wife. Sausages sound delicious, I'll take some with a side of eggs. You can't start rooting out deserters on an empty stomach. Oh and tarts, I'll take five. Plus hmm, some toast and jam and if anyone is feeling up to it I would like to place my breakfast order in an hour.

What's all this talk of deserters and shooting, men? Do you think that this is the way to win battles - by dividing ourselves into camps?! I say we rally together and fight together like brothers - otherwise we'd end up losing our pride, which is the most important thing we still have left after these battles. We have a tough campaign ahead of us; there's only one enemy - and they're on the other side of the trenches!

Reflect on this while sipping your morning tea. And leave the deserters to us Provost Guards.

...Now then, is that a nice Andouilette I see there, monsiеur Shadón? Is there any chance that we could find some moutarde de Dijón to go with that?

...Now then, is that a nice Andouilette I see there, monsiеur Shadón?

Mon Dieu, so that explains the smell. I thought some of us had deserted on their personal hygiene as well as their regiment.

Monsieur Stelly! May I have one of your beautiful tarts, I don't feel like having sausage in the morning. Good thing that we can now get rid of those deserters, all they do is bring down the morale.

No problem, my friend! And Shadon, I'll erm, send her your regards :wink:

It's terrible to see the loss around us and now we must vote for more loss among the army. :cry_sad:

Side note: Great to see the thread up. (No more out of character from here on out) :tongue:

Stand to, men!

There seems to be much frivolity in the camp this morning - but a good morning it is not!

Grim tidings these are indeed; that some of our own would seek to abandon this great army, those comrades they've fought side by side with, those who respect them, those who might call them brother. It's true that our recent conflicts have seen such terrible loses. But this is war! We cannot lose faith. We stand shoulder to shoulder fighting tooth and nail for our people, the families we've left at home. They all depend on all of us to continue the way of life we accept and love.

To desert now is to cast all this aside in disdain and cower in the darkness - and by God that's unacceptable! We must rally togtether and find those who have become weak in their heads and in their bowels. Tarry not, be vigilant! Sickening as it is I sense a collaboration may be in the making...

I’ll put my sword in the back of any man who’d leave this glorious army!

I like those gold epaulets, that is one high class outfit they have there. I only have red ones. :sad:

Right? Aren't they wonderful?

<dusts off epaulettes for emphasis, not that they need dusting>

Ah, brilliant. Yes. Now, back to the matter at hand!

Breakfast!

Ai, I'm not a fan of meat. Did I hear someone mention tarts? I sure could go for one of those.. Aaron, was it? Aaron Stelly?

And now, back to the real reason I'm here, matters much more serious than breakfast! These damned deserters...

And leave the deserters to us Provost Guards.

Well hold on now, Mason. That's no attitude to take. We may be Provost Guard, but we should not elevate ourselves above these fine soldiers. <dusts off epaulettes again :grin:> We'll take all the help we can get to flush out the deserters.

After a fullfilling sausage and egg breakfast, Pvt. Oult went to the river to fill his canteen and wash his face.

4515352789_32b4dd69b3_o.jpg

Upon reaching near the banks, he discovered the body of a dead soldier! "Murder! Murder! A soldier has been killed!" screamed Pvt. Oult as he ran back to camp.

4515988898_56d8aff987_o.jpg

"Murder!? What do you mean!?" yelled one soldier.

"Is it one of our own??" questioned another.

"Wont somebody think of the drummer!" cried one soldier.

4515352617_4f96514491_o.jpg

Running to the men, Captain Lecoq took charge of the situation.

"Stop all your yelling! Quiet! Pvt. Oult, who was murdered?"

"He was not one of our own. I think he belonged to the 5th Regiment. His throat was slit!"

Lieutenant Pellcan interjected, "Captain, he was here to pass down the news of the Army in the west. I don't know why he was killed."

Captain Lecoq ordered again silence and ordered everybody of the 42nd to assemble on him.

4515352665_3440cd8770_o.jpg

"Listen! This is obviously the work of the deserters! The poor dispatcher must have saw too much and was killed cowardly by a deserter."

"But why don't the deserters just desert!?" questioned one soldier.

"If you look around, our encampment is heavily guarded, per the orders from Command. It would seem to be difficult for the deserters to leave with so many guards. Once we all finish breakfast, let's get to work!"

The situation looked grim.

"Well, it's vote or die, eh?"

4515352749_642ca36323_o.jpg