Sign in to follow this  
viracocha

[MOC] Transformer

Hi all!

I would like to share my first experiance of transformer building. The transformation process is shown in animated GIF.

transformer_truck_robot_small.jpg

img_5805.gif

img_5810.gif

For more photoes fill free to visit my folder at the brickshelf.

Comments are welcome!

Edited by viracocha

Looks very nice indeed!!! Like it a lot! Both the robot and the car.

The GIF makes this one for me. Nice job.

That is one really well-made Transformer. It’s also pretty neat that due to the size being that of an actual City truck it could actually work as a robot in disguise.

:classic: Cool! Transformer MOCs always blow me away. It'd take me forever to work out something like that! :laugh: One awesome point is that it's almost minifig scale. Thanks for the GIF too. It's neat. :thumbup: Edited by purpleparadox

Very cool.

I'm always impressed when people make LEGO transformers ... that acutally transformers!

Though couldn't you make him red? :laugh:

I also really like the minigun that you designed for him.

Great stuff! :thumbup:

The GIF makes this one for me. Nice job.

I got a kick out of it, too! Great job with the transformer.

Thank you guys for the comments!

As for red color you have no idea how many times I heard this! :laugh:

Great job on this viracocha! I’m sure it was no easy task to get him to transform properly and still look cool at the same time. Much better than the KRE-O brand.

I like it. Doesn't have the main problem of lots of Transformer MOCs, in that it doesn't look cruddy in one mode or the other as a sacrifice for the retaining of the function.

I'm not quite sure why I clicked on this - I really do not like Transformers. But this Lego version is fantastic, I can't imagine how much work/thought must go into figuring out how to make this work. The animated gif is also a really cool way of presenting it. :thumbup:

Looks pretty sick, man. Lego transformers are a feat in and of themselves, so I'm always impressed when I see a well done MOC. The gifs were particularly nice, especially to see the transformation in action.

Was I the only one mentally adding the "Wrah wrah wrah wrah" sound effect from the 80s cartoon?

Excellent job there. Hasbro could learn from you.

Really great job. It reminds me alot of the transformation on the Hasbro Classics Optimus Prime figure, with alittle bit of the TakTomy MP Prime mixed in.

And the GIF is superb.

Very nice. Very nice indeed. Now only if the yellow parts were red and the head was blue. Do you mind building this on LDD and sharing the file? :blush:

Great job on this viracocha! I’m sure it was no easy task to get him to transform properly and still look cool at the same time. Much better than the KRE-O brand.

Thank you, Dapper-D2, for the reference to the KRE-O. Never heard about this before. Very interesting.

Nice one, always amazes me when people make transforming Lego. Although is not a copied off any transformer in particular it has a very 80's transformer cartoon feel about him and your animated gif is just the icing on the cake for this build. :thumbup:

Nice one, always amazes me when people make transforming Lego. Although is not a copied off any transformer in particular it has a very 80's transformer cartoon feel about him and your animated gif is just the icing on the cake for this build. :thumbup:

I like those cartoons from my childhood very much. Nowadays I look through them with my son once again. So the transformer was built in impression of them and for my son.